VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack - Page 119 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-11-2018, 01:11 PM   #1181
mdee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood_315 View Post
Thanks for the update. All normal.
I'll have a look, if your db is up to date simply ignore the message.
Thanks.

I can recreate this behaviour 100% now.
  • Import F10 option checked
  • Load a mission with custom F10 menus
  • Next time starting VA I get "update database..." message
  • Follow the steps as per manual
  • "update database.." message does not go away.

If edit profile file, copy/paste new keywords into file (clipboard content after FINISH step), then re-import the profile into VA, message goes away.
mdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 03:24 PM   #1182
Phil73805

Hi Hollywood, I had a bit of a strange one yesterday that I wanted to run by you. I was flying back towards Batumi (which it now recognises) though I was near Kutaisi. I had the Batumi freq dialled up and made the inbound call. Vaicom recognised that I said Batumi but instead called Kutaisi (from which I received no reply) Any idea what's going on there?
Windows 10 64bit, Intel Core i5 8600K CPU @ 3.6GHz, 32GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. 500GB SSD (Exclusively for DCS World), Thrustmaster Warthog. Track IR 5 with Pro Clip. Vaicom Pro.

EASA PPL(A), Glider Aerobatics. Modules: A-10C, F/A-18C, F-5E, Mirage 2000C, AV-8B N/A, Yak 52, Flaming Cliffs 3 & Heatblur F14B/A . Caucuses, Persian Gulf & NTTR.
Phil73805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 10:50 PM   #1183
Rangoon

Today I saw again an issue from the past where the transmission I am making does not actually execute until PTT is pressed a second time. This usually happens somewhere into the mission, not in the beginning. I can get through many transmissions without trouble, then suddenly this behavior appears seemingly out of nowhere.

I press and hold PTT, say what I want to say, hear the higher pitched beep confirming the message got through to VAICOM, but nothing happens in DCS. Once I press PTT again (immediately, without saying anything), DCS registers my transmission. I see the text appear in the upper left corner for what I had said previously, followed by the response.
Rangoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 07:35 AM   #1184
kristod76

Quote:
Originally Posted by huppel View Post
Hi,

I really start to like VIACOM, hard to live without it when playing DCS!
What still troubles me is how to selecting a recipient works (with and without "use instant select").

For example with use instant select on:
I take off at Batumi, select Batumi AM freq, say "Batumi Inbound" -> works ok
After this change the AM freq to Kobuleti, say "Kobuleti Inbound", gets processed in VA perfectly (so understands Kobuleti) but in the sim it requests "Batumi inbound" instead and of course no respone...
Whatever I try I cannot get it to request "Kobuleti Inbound", like it always automatically selects the nearest airfield. If I use the sim menus it all just works.
What am I doing wrong?

If I do not use instant select, I cannot get the select statement to work.
It understands correctly for example "Kobuleti, ... Select" but then states in the VA window "awaiting additional input" and nothing seems to have happened. Should I say something immediately after the select statement?

Marcel
I still strugle with the problem described by huppel on page 25. I haven't found the solution. Hollywood, as far as I remember I even PM you with the same problem, but I think I didn't get answer.

Example: if there is a ship near Batumi and I want to call "Batumi, inbound" I never get response, because ship is closer. My voice recognition works 100% fine, especially for Batumi. Using menu it always works. Any solution?
kristod76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 11:58 AM   #1185
Phil73805

It seems you need to click 'Use Instant Select' on the preferences tab to have Vaicom allow you to select your radio recipient of choice rather than the closest. However, sometimes Vaicom can 'forget' that it's selected so you need to deselect the option, restart VA & Vaicom and then reselect. This is the solution that Sadist_Cain found and it works.

The next problem, and it's a doozy, is how to get Vaicom to recognise the difference between Two and To which it constantly gets wrong by defaulting to To. This is particularly annoying when flying as the second of a two-ship flight and calling "Batumi, Hawg 2-1, Inbound", to which ATC responds to Hawg 1-1 and then my flight lead can't get clearance. You can obviously still land the plane but it is immersion breaking.
Windows 10 64bit, Intel Core i5 8600K CPU @ 3.6GHz, 32GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. 500GB SSD (Exclusively for DCS World), Thrustmaster Warthog. Track IR 5 with Pro Clip. Vaicom Pro.

EASA PPL(A), Glider Aerobatics. Modules: A-10C, F/A-18C, F-5E, Mirage 2000C, AV-8B N/A, Yak 52, Flaming Cliffs 3 & Heatblur F14B/A . Caucuses, Persian Gulf & NTTR.
Phil73805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 07:35 PM   #1186
dburne
Veteran

Don't know if this is a bug or not.
I have noticed of late if I switch from running Vaicom Pro in Voice Attack to another profile, and then try to swtich back to Vaicom Pro profile, I then get a message when holding the transmit button :
UNABLE TO INVOKE PLUGIN, 'VAICOM PRO 2.5'. PLUGIN NOT VALID FOR THIS VERSION OF VOICEATTACK.

If I close Voice Attack, and then launch it again, it then launches with Vaicom Pro as the profile and works fine then.

Is this a bug or by design?

EVGA X79 Dark MB|4820K @ 4.50 Ghz|16gb Corsair Platinum 2133 Mhz| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro|VPC T-50 |Warthog Throttle|MFG Pedals|Oculus Rift CV1|
dburne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 10:00 PM   #1187
Kiptanoi

How updated is the manual and the video tutorials on Vaicom?
I just followed the video tutorial and dont get any voices to work in game....
The only thing that work is Keyword training mode....
But no keywords or commands work ingame in DCS.....
Kiptanoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 10:02 PM   #1188
TLTeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dburne View Post
Don't know if this is a bug or not.
I have noticed of late if I switch from running Vaicom Pro in Voice Attack to another profile, and then try to swtich back to Vaicom Pro profile, I then get a message when holding the transmit button :
UNABLE TO INVOKE PLUGIN, 'VAICOM PRO 2.5'. PLUGIN NOT VALID FOR THIS VERSION OF VOICEATTACK.

If I close Voice Attack, and then launch it again, it then launches with Vaicom Pro as the profile and works fine then.

Is this a bug or by design?

The same is happening to me.

Last edited by TLTeo; 11-13-2018 at 10:05 PM.
TLTeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 02:34 AM   #1189
Sadist_Cain

Have to say that the new OO (Online Only) option underneath chatter autostart is fantastic!
Absolute silence until the radios are on and then boom, SHE'S ALIIIIIIIVE!!!

Top notch Hollywood
Sadist_Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 06:55 AM   #1190
kristod76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil73805 View Post
It seems you need to click 'Use Instant Select' on the preferences tab to have Vaicom allow you to select your radio recipient of choice rather than the closest. However, sometimes Vaicom can 'forget' that it's selected so you need to deselect the option, restart VA & Vaicom and then reselect. This is the solution that Sadist_Cain found and it works.

The next problem, and it's a doozy, is how to get Vaicom to recognise the difference between Two and To which it constantly gets wrong by defaulting to To. This is particularly annoying when flying as the second of a two-ship flight and calling "Batumi, Hawg 2-1, Inbound", to which ATC responds to Hawg 1-1 and then my flight lead can't get clearance. You can obviously still land the plane but it is immersion breaking.
Thanks for the tip, but I previously tried them both. It never works. I even tried your suggestion with restarting. It didn't help either.
kristod76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comms, vaicom, viacom, voice recognition, voiceattack