Syrian and Afghan theatre of operations confirmed! - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-30-2018, 03:56 PM   #1
WHOGX5

Default Syrian and Afghan theatre of operations confirmed!

As the title says, here is a direct quote from Wags 2.5 update:

Quote:
Current regions to battle include the Caucasus, Nevada Test and Training Range, and Normandy 1944. New maps in development include the Persian Gulf, Syria, Afghanistan, and others.
-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:
  • F-16C-40/42 Fighting Falcon
  • HH-60G Pave Hawk
  • B-1B Lancer
  • EA-6B Prowler
  • SEPECAT Jaguar GR3A
  • OV-10D/D+ Bronco
  • C-2 Greyhound/E-2 Hawkeye
  • RA-5C Vigilante
WHOGX5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 04:04 PM   #2
Vitormouraa
Veteran

That was on the TBS website for a really long time.

SplashOneGaming is a community of viewers, players, and content creators built on combat flight simulation. Flowing through our veins is years of flight simulation experience in a multitude of different platforms. We welcome and encourage all of you to join us, whether you are seasoned or green, looking to learn, teach, or just trying to find someone to fly with.
Discord
Website
Vitormouraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 12:51 PM   #3
=Pedro=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitormouraa View Post
That was on the TBS website for a really long time.
So maybe they will bring it to life finally
Old 02-06-2018, 01:33 PM   #4
Vitormouraa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Pedro= View Post
So maybe they will bring it to life finally
I hope so! Apache was listed on TBS website too, one can dream, right?!

SplashOneGaming is a community of viewers, players, and content creators built on combat flight simulation. Flowing through our veins is years of flight simulation experience in a multitude of different platforms. We welcome and encourage all of you to join us, whether you are seasoned or green, looking to learn, teach, or just trying to find someone to fly with.
Discord
Website
Old 02-13-2018, 03:16 PM   #5
Fri13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitormouraa View Post
I hope so! Apache was listed on TBS website too, one can dream, right?!
Yes, dream can... But when the TBS is for military / government customers, they have own NDA allowance for classified data. What it means to us, mere mortal customers, we can only dream x-) So what comes to TBS, is not what comes to DCS.
Old 02-13-2018, 03:23 PM   #6
Vitormouraa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fri13 View Post
Yes, dream can... But when the TBS is for military / government customers, they have own NDA allowance for classified data. What it means to us, mere mortal customers, we can only dream x-) So what comes to TBS, is not what comes to DCS.
Not entirely true... there were projects that were developed for the TBS and they ended up going to DCS as well afterward. Syria and Afghanistan are two examples. They were on TBS website for a LOOONG time.

Discord
Website
Old 01-30-2018, 04:05 PM   #7
rrohde
Veteran

Afghanistan alone is going to be so worth it... Russo-Afghan war in the '80s, and the US in the '00s.

We can use a lot of DCS inventory in those alone. And, the Mi-24 will be right at home there.

PC: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz @ 5.1GHz | MSI GTX 1080 TI | ASUS Maximus IX Hero | 32GB DDR4 RAM | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit | Oculus Rift CV1 | Jetseat 908 | Monstertech MTX Sim Rig | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.II w/ MCG PRO

rrohde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 04:14 PM   #8
kontiuka
ED Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrohde View Post
And, the Mi-24 will be right at home there.
And the Su-25V ... V for vanilla
kontiuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 12:44 PM   #9
Ratcatcher

Quote:
Afghanistan alone is going to be so worth it... Russo-Afghan war in the '80s, and the US in the '00s.
Last time I checked I believe there were a "couple" of other countries in Afghanistan alongside the US... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partic...during_Freedom
Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift CV1 : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : DSD FLT1 : Win 10 64.
Ratcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 05:51 PM   #10
Bluethornton

Quote:

We can use a lot of DCS inventory in those alone. And, the Mi-24 will be right at home there.
I could of sworn there were other allies involved in Afghanistan? If I recall we lost a few hundred soldiers!
Bluethornton is offline   Reply With Quote