Prop governor is too easy to broke, I think.

gomwolf

of all aircraft I mean.

This game is almost awesome except long range view, firepower, DM, and prop governor reliability.

I never landed with unscathed prop governor. Just few shots make my governor broken. Even only my left wing have shot holes. Just few rapid throttle movement make aircraft cannot continue combat. B109K-4, Fw190D-9, and P-51D is combat aircraft. It had enough reliability for combat but in this game they can't.

I don't know what kinds of documents about failure rate were used. If ED have some documents about that I really hope watch that.

The damage depiction doesn't always convey well where a hit has happened. Unfortunately the visual part of the damage model needs an overhaul.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

The damage depiction doesn't always convey well where a hit has happened. Unfortunately the visual part of the damage model needs an overhaul.

Bullets holes on the wing do cause a decrease in lift for that wing. I can always feel it with force feedback, and the decrease in performance is easy to notice.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Not only the visual part. Liquids and incendiary effects also need to be redone realy.

Agreed. While the visual part needs an upgrade, I'd like to see proper fires and fuel/coolant leaks. These piston engine props were a plumbers nightmare, we should be seeing coolant leaks a lot.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS:WWII 1944 BACKER --- Fw. 190D-9 --- Bf. 109K-4 --- P-51D --- Spitfire!

Specs: Intel i7-3770 @3.9 Ghz - NVidia GTX 960 - 8GB RAM - OCz Vertex 240GB SSD - Toshiba 1TB HDD - Corsair CX 600M Power Supply - MSI B75MA-P45 MoBo - Defender Cobra M5

Agreed. While the visual part needs an upgrade, I'd like to see proper fires and fuel/coolant leaks. These piston engine props were a plumbers nightmare, we should be seeing coolant leaks a lot.

Yep, especially when we will see the P-47D which would be immediate oposition to what we have in DCS due to its air cooled engine. It would make the Jug feel strong and create interesting situations from which any liquid cooled airplane would have no way of getting back.

All liquid cooled airplane players should know that the bullet into the radiator means that the grim reaper is around the corner. :D

Not to mention those big white clouds of coolant coming out of those radiators on the Bf109K4 would make my day any day :D

Edited by Solty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

Yep, especially when we will see the P-47D which would be immediate oposition to what we have in DCS due to its air cooled engine. It would make the Jug feel strong and create interesting situations from which any liquid cooled airplane would have no way of getting back.

All liquid cooled airplane players should know that the bullet into the radiator means that the grimm reaper is around the corner. :D

Not to mention those big white clouds of coolant coming out of those radiators on the Bf109K4 would make my day any day :D

Absolutely. Right now it seems the only way to kill someone is to set them afire or rip a wing off. Coolant leaks would offer so much more gameplay. I know from other sims that when you get someone "venting" it's a good indicator that they should be running for home or else they'll ruin their engine and then crash. As of now in DCS if you get someone leaking they'll still be able to fly for ages without actually losing coolant/fuel/oil.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS:WWII 1944 BACKER --- Fw. 190D-9 --- Bf. 109K-4 --- P-51D --- Spitfire!

Specs: Intel i7-3770 @3.9 Ghz - NVidia GTX 960 - 8GB RAM - OCz Vertex 240GB SSD - Toshiba 1TB HDD - Corsair CX 600M Power Supply - MSI B75MA-P45 MoBo - Defender Cobra M5