How to stop a releasing CMS program?

tifafan

Press the same button again that you pressed to start it. Don't know if that is the realistic proper way, but it currently works.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

No,it doesn't work...

dOh

Edited by =Panther=

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Interesting because it does for me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wait what button you using to start the program? If it is the slap switch aka the shit hit the fan switch, then I can see that being the case. On second thought maybe my jet is broken and it's not suppose to stop.

F/A-18C HOTAS CMS aft or forward switch,I map it on china hat switch on my throttle

Once releasing it won't stop

I've just tired it,and my friend find that problem too.

Edited by tifafan

It might help if you post a screen shot on the control mapping. I seen it where some controls are confuse.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Interesting because it does for me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wait what button you using to start the program? If it is the slap switch aka the shit hit the fan switch, then I can see that being the case. On second thought maybe my jet is broken and it's not suppose to stop.

Sir,I think i didn't describe the problem correctly I mean how to suspend a releasing program....sorry for my english

While in you control set up screen, press what ever button you have screenshot map to and you should get this.

[ATTACH]192473[/ATTACH]

You will find it main drive letter:\Users\your user name\Saved Games\what ever version of DCS you use open beta or other\ScreenShots

That way people can see what you have map to start and stop the countermeasure program. Could be fix in seconds if if just a miss understanding or wrongly map.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Sir,I think i didn't describe the problem correctly I mean how to suspend a releasing program....sorry for my english

Not Sir, is Ma'am

To whom it may concern,

so is it possible in theory to stop the program and should it be this way?

may be just shut down to dispenser....and restart it.....

I've been killed for serveral times becasuse I can't switch to another program (program 5)immediately...

No I understand you correctly, and I was wrong. Although I was pretty confident my system stopped with the same press the other day. I just loaded in the jet for a quick test, and the program will not stop. :doh:

However I did find a rather quick way to stop it if needed. On the EW page, press the button for MODE and cycle to select STBY. It will stop the program, but don't forget to reset to your previous MODE.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think the real airplanes (both A-10 and F-18 ) have actually decent automatic and semi automatic modes, that pilots can rely on. In DCS the auto modes are totally useless. The EW side of DCS is really lacking.

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Make countermeasures part of your FENCE check.

During the FENCE check I reprogram PROG 1 and 5

PROG 1 is Flares only, 2 flares, repeat 2, 0.50 second interval

PROG 5 is Chaff only, same parameters.

Or you could go BYPASS and have no programs firing. Just FWD and AFT for flares as required.

If you find yourself using the same programs consistently, you can edit the CMDS_ALE47.lua file with custom programs. Just make sure to re-edit it after updates.

You don't have to switch to program 5. Program 5 is FWD, always, when not in BYPASS. Whatever you have programmed and selected in programs 1-4 is AFT.

Thanks, this helped with my understanding of how it works versus how it was said to work in an instructional youtube video I was watching.

The internet is always right!!:doh:

PC Spec: Asus B250M Prime, I7 6700K 4.0 GHz, 32GB DDR 2400, ASUS ROG-STRIX 1070Ti 8GB, 500GB WD Blue M2 SSD, Crucial MX300 256GB SSD, WD 1TB SSHDD, 43" LG 4K TV, Oculus Rift-S, Nubwo 7.1 Headset

Flight Gear: Virpil WarBRD & T50-CM2 grip, Virpil T50CM Throttle, TM TFRP pedals, 3x TM Cougar MFD, Razer Orbweaver Chroma, Delanclip, Trackhat PS3 camera & Opentrack, Oculus Rift-S