Sharing an X52 Profile for F/A-18C

Prerequisites :

- for DCS to recognize the PINKIE as a button, we need to remove the shift states in the SST SW:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=83215

- for DCS to recognize the clutch buttion ("i" button), we have to enable as a actual button, and not as a shift state as follows :

Control Panel->Devices and Printers-> Right-click X52-> Game controller settings->select X52 and click Preferences->MFD Tab->Remove the tick at ENABLE CLUTCH MODE->click Ok-

- you will also need to add the Pinkie Switch as a modifier in DCS, as follows (please name the modifier as "PINKIE" in order for my profile to recognize it):

DCS Controls > Click the "Modifiers" button at the bottom left > Click the "Add" box

> Under "Device Name" choose the X52 HOTAS

> Click the Pinkie for it to be recognized as a modifier

> Change the "Modifier Button Name" to "PINKIE"

The procedure in the video above needs to be done using the SST software.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Prerequisites :

- for DCS to recognize the PINKIE as a button, we need to remove the shift states in the SST SW:

- for DCS to recognize the clutch buttion ("i" button), we have to enable as a actual button, and not as a shift state as follows :

Control Panel->Devices and Printers-> Right-click X52-> Game controller settings->select X52 and click Preferences->MFD Tab->Remove the tick at ENABLE CLUTCH MODE->click Ok-

- you will also need to add the Pinkie Switch as a modifier in DCS, as follows (please name the modifier as "PINKIE" in order for my profile to recognize it):

DCS Controls > Click the "Modifiers" button at the bottom left > Click the "Add" box

> Under "Device Name" choose the X52 HOTAS

> Click the Pinkie for it to be recognized as a modifier

> Change the "Modifier Button Name" to "PINKIE"

The procedure in the video above needs to be done using the SST software.

When I attempt to load the profile, abslutely nothing at all shows up in the X52 column. So I'm assuming there's some error that is stopping it loading. Is there some way to see an error log?

When I attempt to load the profile, abslutely nothing at all shows up in the X52 column. So I'm assuming there's some error that is stopping it loading. Is there some way to see an error log?
How about I just PM you a default Saitek.pr0 and the dcs FA-18C.diff file and try this route.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Hi,

I am not sure on the error log thing. It was pretty simple to setup Jaxx profile. Could you describe how you are going about it?

You should have a pr0 file for the FA-18C in Logitech profile directory and Jaxx keyfile.diff.lua profile in your saved game directory. C/user/public/public document/Logitech/X52.

Each time you are running dcs , you activate this profile

It is worth nothing here that one of recent update from ED for the Hornet broke the Hotas setup.

I had to manually remap the keys with the Jaxx profile image.

Wags Matts did a video on how to set up controls using the control menu.

So you can do a manual mapping of the keys with the modifier set as Pinkie

I hope you get this sorted out, could be a real pain.

Hi,

I am not sure on the error log thing. It was pretty simple to setup Jaxx profile. Could you describe how you are going about it?

You should have a pr0 file for the FA-18C in Logitech profile directory and Jaxx keyfile.diff.lua profile in your saved game directory. C/user/public/public document/Logitech/X52.

Each time you are running dcs , you activate this profile

It is worth nothing here that one of recent update from ED for the Hornet broke the Hotas setup.

I had to manually remap the keys with the Jaxx profile image.

Wags Matts did a video on how to set up controls using the control menu.

So you can do a manual mapping of the keys with the modifier set as Pinkie

I hope you get this sorted out, could be a real pain.

I have nothing in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Logitech\X52 (although the folder does exist).

I have Jaxx file in "E:\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Input\FA-18C\joystick\DCS FA-18C X52 Profile.diff.lua" (obviously my DCS install is on my E drive) - which doesn't feel like a "saved game directory"

Sounds like I need at least a pr0...

I am guessing this will work with the X52 Pro so I am trying to get it set up. Could someone better explain what to do with the SST software here?

Prerequisites :

The video is in German and I don't understand what to do there.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi all

I´m having the same issue as Orac. When i try to load the profile, nothing shows up at the X-52 column.

The shiftstates are clean and i only have 3 "pure" saitek X-52 modes.

I´m loading the X-52 profile before entering the sim, as done with any other game. The only issue is when hitting any cell under the X-52 column so that the load profile button gets enabled and then loading the .lua file provided, nothing appears to be mapped...

Any help?

Thx!

Hi all

I´m having the same issue as Orac. When i try to load the profile, nothing shows up at the X-52 column.

The shiftstates are clean and i only have 3 "pure" saitek X-52 modes.

I´m loading the X-52 profile before entering the sim, as done with any other game. The only issue is when hitting any cell under the X-52 column so that the load profile button gets enabled and then loading the .lua file provided, nothing appears to be mapped...

Any help?

Thx!

Make a change to your axes in DCS and then you will see that your x52 stick have a different ID than the lua file you downloaded. Copy the new file name to notepad, then delete the new file, then rename the downloaded file to name you have in notepad.

Make a change to your axes in DCS and then you will see that your x52 stick have a different ID than the lua file you downloaded. Copy the new file name to notepad, then delete the new file, then rename the downloaded file to name you have in notepad.

Thanks for the reply, HiJack.

Well, i´m not sure if i did things the way you said so...but it didn´t work.

I entered the sim and could get what i think is the controller ID by double-clicking the X52 title cell. I got:

Saitek X52 Flight Control System {D5201950-CC9A-11e7-8001-444553540000}

So i made a change to an axis (added a deadzone) and saved it as a profile. The file name was "test.diff.lua" (no ID in the name).

I tried adding that first ID (D5201950-CC9A-11e7-8001-444553540000) to the filename of the profile i downloaded from the first post, like this:

DCS FA-18C X52 Profile.{D5201950-CC9A-11e7-8001-444553540000}.diff.lua

Didn´t work....

I´m on DCS World version 2.5.3

Thanks for the reply, HiJack.

Well, i´m not sure if i did things the way you said so...but it didn´t work.

I entered the sim and could get what i think is the controller ID by double-clicking the X52 title cell. I got:

Saitek X52 Flight Control System {D5201950-CC9A-11e7-8001-444553540000}

So i made a change to an axis (added a deadzone) and saved it as a profile. The file name was "test.diff.lua" (no ID in the name).

I tried adding that first ID (D5201950-CC9A-11e7-8001-444553540000) to the filename of the profile i downloaded from the first post, like this:

DCS FA-18C X52 Profile.{D5201950-CC9A-11e7-8001-444553540000}.diff.lua

Didn´t work....

I´m on DCS World version 2.5.3

Upon further investigation, it appears that SOME of the keystrokes are indeed loaded but misses most of them.

Ok, found the problem.

Each key assignment has an ID inside de .lua file. For example:

"Gun Trigger - SECOND DETENT (Press to shoot)" has ID "d3002pnilu3002cd38vd1vpnilvu0"

This was the ID found on the file from the OP.

What i did was entering the sim and reset the X-52 column to defaults to have a really fresh start. Then, i set the button 1 to "Gun Trigger - SECOND DETENT (Press to shoot)" and saved as a profile.

When i compared the IDs on the original file with that from the file i saved, i noticied there was a difference in IDs:

Original (OP file):

d3002pnilu3002cd38vd1vpnilvu0

My file:

d3002pnilu3002cd13vd1vpnilvu0

See? cd38 and cd13.

Then it was just a matter of using notepad++ to replace "cd38" with "cd13" and the profile loaded as expected.

NOTE: you´ll probably find IDs with other terminations but don´t worry. They'll all have the same difference.

NOTE 2: Find YOUR difference by using the method above. In my case it as a change from "cd38" to "cd13". Yours might be a different one.

Hope that helps :)

Edited by nomis

• 2 weeks later...

X52 Mini-stick as TDC on F/A-18 - how?

Hi - I have an X52 Pro and I would like to designate the mini-stick on the throttle as TDC (as Wags' recent video shows).

I've watched the various tutorials and suggestions above but none of the ideas seem to work.

I would prefer to use the DCS designations rather than Saitek's software.

What do I need to do to the mini-stick via the saitek programming so it can be recognized in the DCS axis definitions for TDC?

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Jaxx profile

Thanks Nomis, your fix worked a treat, Jaxx profile now up and running although there is one other piece of advice for guys having trouble with the PINKIE switch in the profile. Note that when creating the PINKIE modifier you must rename button6 as PINKIE. not Pinkie or pinkie, it must be in uppercase. Jaxx instructed correctly but some of us dont pay attention.

• 1 month later...
hi all

my first post. just ordered an x52pro

anyone got a good x52pro profile they could send over please inc how to install?

many thanks

Why didn't you get Logitech's X56? Much better and it costs the same or even less on Amazon

I got this one for 329.99 CDN

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B079P6SSHP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The X52pro goes for 3 bucks less at best buy

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/logitech-945-000022-g-saitek-pro-flight-x52-contol-system/12621040.aspx?

How much did you pay for yours?

• MB: MPG Z790 EDGE WIFI
  • Memory: WD Black SN850X 2TB PCIe Gen4 NVMe M.2
  • CPU: Intel Core i9-14900K Desktop Processor 24 cores (8P+16E) 36M Cache
  • EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090
  • TrackIR on Samsung 49 inch Odyssey Widescreen
  • No money in my pocket lol

• 10 months later...
I do not mean to thread necro but I have a question as it relates to configuring X52.

Where to start the process?

What is the first step?

I see talk of profiles and configuring software/files but cannot seem to find an actual walkthrough of Step 1 to?

Thank you.

You summoned the dead!!

When you open the x52 programming software you probably see 6 columns. 3 for the normal modes and 3 for normal modes plus pinkie. These last 3 are shifted states. You need to remove them because later you'll set the pinkie as a modifier inside DCS controller configuration.

You may also need to edit the provided lua file so that the controller ID matches your controller ID (I explained this a few posts back).

Hope that helps. Back to the grave now.

• 2 months later...
I have the strong feeling that the lau file which is the key binding generated file should work but definitely not the profile pr0 from the Logitech software.

Sir,

I am 12 hours into DCS. As an Avid X-Plane user, I understand the power of LUA Scripts but not enough to create one - modify but changing data, sure.

Regarding your comment about the X52 Profile not working with the PRO, I could use some help. I do have the X52Pro and yet can only find profiles for the X52. I would really like to get my X52Pro working well with DCS and specifically for the F/A-18C Hornet. I only want to focus on 1 Aircraft so I purchased the Hornet a recommendation of fellow X-Plane user. I know have no experience with the Saitek Programming Tool (I assume that is the tool mentioned) but am willing to try if that is the only way to get the two Dials on the Throttle to map correctly. Alternatively, just a straight up Ready to go profile for the X52Pro would be great....If I could only find one.

SIDENOTE: Is there not a DISCORD Server for DCS? Where people can meet to talk about these things. I hate all this typing. :cry:

Thanks in advance for your help.

MrScott on Discord (aka eFlight and Smokin1)

PC SPECS: Aorus Master Z390, I9-9900K@5.2Ghz, HC150Pro Cooler, 32GB T-Force 4133 Ram, 1.TB Samsunge 960Pro M.2, (20TB of other data storage in SSD and SATA6 too), EVGA RTX2080Ti KingPin Hybrid 11GB with LN2 BIOS. X-52Pro, Brunner MKII and Rudder Peddles. VR and or 3 55" 4K Displays.

Sir,

I am 12 hours into DCS. As an Avid X-Plane user, I understand the power of LUA Scripts but not enough to create one - modify but changing data, sure.

Regarding your comment about the X52 Profile not working with the PRO, I could use some help. I do have the X52Pro and yet can only find profiles for the X52. I would really like to get my X52Pro working well with DCS and specifically for the F/A-18C Hornet. I only want to focus on 1 Aircraft so I purchased the Hornet a recommendation of fellow X-Plane user. I know have no experience with the Saitek Programming Tool (I assume that is the tool mentioned) but am willing to try if that is the only way to get the two Dials on the Throttle to map correctly. Alternatively, just a straight up Ready to go profile for the X52Pro would be great....If I could only find one.

SIDENOTE: Is there not a DISCORD Server for DCS? Where people can meet to talk about these things. I hate all this typing. :cry:

Thanks in advance for your help.

Gentlemen

One thing about this profile is that it's not really for the x52 pro or non-pro. It is a profile for DCS, meaning all its changes are done inside dcs key bindings editor. Only the first step is done with saitek programming software (removing the shift states). That being said, i think it's just a matter of loading the lua into dcs and click your joystick buttons. Compare the actions being shown in the key bindings editor with those in the diagram provided. One very important thing: this profile didn't work out of the box for me. If you go a few posts back you'll find one where i explain what i had to do to get it to work.

You guys go ahead and try. I think it should work with the x52 pro with little or no adaptation besides the one i mentioned in that earlier post.