F-14D??

OnionSpider13

Some systems on the D model are still classified so the chances are low that we will get one, that being said i think the bombcat will be very nice

Many systems on the F-18C and F-15C are classified, but we sill have the variants in game. I think the decision about doing or not doing the F-14 D variant is more about ROI and development time than whether a system is classified.

Many systems on the F-18C and F-15C are classified, but we sill have the variants in game. I think the decision about doing or not doing the F-14 D variant is more about ROI and development time than whether a system is classified.

True,agree!

As of F-16CJ/CM which featured BMS 4.33!!!

:thumbup:

True,agree!

It's the question of what level of fidelity an individual developer is willing to accept.

There are classified systems left out of BMS but they figure they can get close enough for the civilian market.

True,agree!

Also, I will gladly pay for the A&B variants, and if they decided to do the D (heh heh... "the D"), I'd pay for an upgrade later, if it meant they could justify the investment cost... similar to how they did the GPS addon thing... not that I bought that, but i'd much rather pay an extra $15 or $20 for "the D" than a gps module addon.

Edited by Banzaiib

Did the F-14D have Fly-By-Wire?

No, but it received the same DFCS upgrade as the rest of the F-14 fleet.

DFCS makes quite a big difference in handling: more consistent roll rate, elimination of dutch roll in landing configuration, ARI that eliminates roll reversal and allows pilots to use lateral stick across all AOA and conditions. So it bridges the gap pretty well between FBW and analog flight controls.

But all F-14s used the same control system irrespective of model. The only big change was the addition of DFCS which was implemented fleet wide (actually started with the F-14A since if offered bigger safety benefits vs F110 Tomcats).

-Nick

No, but it received the same DFCS upgrade as the rest of the F-14 fleet.

DFCS makes quite a big difference in handling: more consistent roll rate, elimination of dutch roll in landing configuration, ARI that eliminates roll reversal and allows pilots to use lateral stick across all AOA and conditions. So it bridges the gap pretty well between FBW and analog flight controls.

But all F-14s used the same control system irrespective of model. The only big change was the addition of DFCS which was implemented fleet wide (actually started with the F-14A since if offered bigger safety benefits vs F110 Tomcats).

-Nick

Ahh, thank you for the insight.

Would be cool if Heatblur made the F-14D after the initial F-14A/B :D:D:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

I remember Cobra saying that it might happen... I think it makes lot of sense, the D is different enough as to charge as a new module, whilst lot of the art and system modelling would remains virtually identical. It's all down to whether enough info can be collected about the D (which seems quite a challenge)

The Super Tomcat would be kind of the cherry on top for additional developments. Not sure how much info is out there on the APG-71 or IRST that the D model Cat sported. Another few added benefits would be the JDAM and LINK-16 compatibility.

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

• 4 weeks later...
We're focused on getting the A & B perfect first; but there's no lack of willpower to continue our Tomcat journey if the product is received well! :)

I'd pay another additiional 100€ for a D

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5