What do you fly?

TWC_SLAG

I’m curious about how sim squadrons operate. Specifically, does your squadron concentrate on 1-2 planes, or does the squadron fly everything and anything, as a squadron? If you fly everything, is this the way the squadron was originally conceived?

Thanks

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

In the case of Joint Task Force Heavy we operate under the premise of joint serves working together. Currently it mainly USA aircraft with each service having a squadron under the task force if they use the ac. We do have plans for a foreign NATO service unit and a aggressor unit in the future for Warsaw units and aircraft.

We are small expanding group that enjoy flying

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

My group operates under a similar principle to Blacley's but with a little less structure (no individual unit squadrons, we all just fly under the same flag.)

We all fly a little bit of everything, including some of the Eastern aircraft, and generally run combined missions involving CAP, SEAD, strike, and transport assets. Typically these are co-op PVE affairs requiring coordination between the different airframes.

We started out as a combined A-10/F-15/KA-50 group and have incorporated new airframes as they've been added or requested by members. At this point a typical mission night for us usually involves ~4 F/A-18s, ~4 A-10Cs, ~2 F-15Cs, ~2 AV-8Bs, ~2 KA-50s, ~2 UH-1Hs/Mi-8s. Some of our pilots enjoy the occasional Mirage/F-5/MiG/Sukhoi excursion so these airframes are usually present in our missions, though not used as frequently as the others.

Check out my NSR campaign or Operations Hydra/Wax Wings if you'd like an idea of what we get into.

Edited by feefifofum

I’m also interested in the rule being changed to membership in one squadron per flight sim. Rather than one membership for all. Comments?

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

There is no such rule in my group, nor are there attendance requirements. In my opinion, members of your squadron should want to fly with you because you've built a nice place to fly, not because they're obligated to.

We've been around for over 3 years now and have retained a fair number of our original membership despite them not having a virtual gun held to their head. ;)

In the UK Naval Ops group we have two squadrons. The 800th and the 801st Naval Air Squadrons and we fly Harriers. We usually have a couple of hueys and a couple of F18s in mission but we mainly fly the Harrier. We are actually just starting up a flying club so maybe once or twice a month we will have a themed flying tour. For instants our 1st one is going to be Props over Normandy. There will be no weapons but just some pleasure flights. I think it will be a good way to relax a bit and have a bit of fun..

ECV 56 was born on 1998 and updated on 2001. We started as a multisim hardcore comunity organized in Wings. We started with 4 Wings: European Air War, Falcon 4.0, Janes F/A 18 and Flanker 1.5.

When the new batch of sims came out we started adding platforms, Il-2 became the heart of the squadron along with LOMAC. Falcon became BMS and Lomac became Blak Shark and now DCS.

So Yeah we fly a bit of everything.

Our old Janes F/A-18 crew are back now that the new Hornet has arrived, so I hope we will see activitie on that front. We have a few good Chopper pilots making a name for temselves too ;)

Right now we are going through the Bugs paces, ya know car quals, training, on weapons employments etc...but we are VERY green,, and we join the chopper rascals for some fun now and then... we are also in touch with our Spanish buddies the 08Th ECV

No rules other than cortesy and respect.