A-10C Cockpit Reference Images

Wags

Be advised, that the Bu0836 does not work with 64bit OS and only with luck on 32bit Vista/Win7.

I modded a stick myself, now it's just useful to sit on a desk and settle dust, as there is no driver-update being released for the Bu0836. :mad:

I have a couple BU0836X boards that work just fine under Win XP, Vista 64bit and Win 7 32/64bit.

^^^

there are different versions of this controler, later ones do work in Vista/Windows 7 even 64bit, I should know, I have the older and newer one (and there is even later one then the 2 I have) and they work on my OS (Windows 7 64bit)

No longer active in DCS...

While we're on this subject, has anyone attempted, or even given thought to using Arduino for their pit? I read about the same solutions in most cases (OpenCockpits, Leo Bodner, EPIC, ...) but have not seen Arduino come up yet.

The Mega has 54 digital I/O pins and 16 analog inputs, not too bad considering you can pick it up for $59 to $65.

Some other pros I can think of:

* expandable with shields

* rapid prototyping

* C or C++ language used to program the chip, more flexible than simple language like SIOC, but still super easy

* large community, lots of support, and a strong future

* no license fees for commercial development

Some cons:

* more coding involved to get up and running, would have to code for the board and on the computer side, and create the serial communication scheme (from my perspective this is actually a pro because it gives me total control, but I could see how some would consider it a con)

* fewer inputs per card than some alternatives

* unproven?

Can anyone else think of some other pros and cons? I'm considering trying it out, just want some perspective from others first.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for commenting Chibawang. Since that post, I've ordered the Seeeduino Mega for $46.50 free shipping, which has 70 digital I/O pins, more than the original Arduino Mega and at a lower price. This is one of the best values I've seen yet, considering I/O's per dollar.

If you do plan to order from Seeed Depot like I did, a word of warning. I ordered on the 1st and it took them 8 days to deliver the package to post, then another 3 days for it to actually ship. It will take the better part of a month before it gets here... waiting... waiting... still waiting

• 1 month later...
FC2 caused delays. We'll probably start talking about A-10C in July.

Is it possible to give us a state of progression in developement of the A-10C Modul in percent? You know we all are pretty much exited about this....although FC2 provides much fun and shorten time to wait for next modul, so we cant wait anymore to see this awesome plane in Action.

By the way, apreciating all your effort on this awesome Simulator so much...

Is it possible to give us a state of progression in developement of the A-10C Modul in percent? You know we all are pretty much exited about this....although FC2 provides much fun and shorten time to wait for next modul, so we cant wait anymore to see this awesome plane in Action.

By the way, apreciating all your effort on this awesome Simulator so much...

I doubt a percentage would give you, what you are looking for. E.g. 50% of the tasks done doesn't mean you will have to double the waiting time, as the foundations of a project in the software business usually take longer than the QA. And even if you could double it, from which moment in time would you count anyway? So a timeframe-percentage won't help you either on estimating when it will be released. ;)

July isn't that far away. Let's have some more patience.

• Like 1

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

hmmm.wishing having this coolnes as you have. But I am totally impatiently...unfortunately. I bet I am one of the first who cries for the next module once A-10C has finally found the way into my hands...:doh:.

Sorry ED, but be sure that you make me even more happy with each further release....:D:D:pilotfly:

We all are impatient and waiting for the release, Turuk_Makto.

But we have no chance to speed up the release, so all we can do is sit and wait.

And let's not forget, that for us it's just a cool thing to buy and play. For them, it's much more than that. So if we desperately want it released, imagine how much more they want to release it. ;)

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

• 2 months later...