UH-1H Argo Campaign DCS 2.5 status

gregzagk

Hello all,

As DCS 2.5 version is out, I would like to inform you about the campaign status.

With the new Caucasus terrain and the updates to the Huey engine performance, the campaign needed many changes to make it playable again.

This is totally worthy though as I am sure you will all love all these new features that ED released (not only the graphics).

The campaign was massively tested before its initial release back on April and by that way we fortunately avoided bugs in triggers etc. Unfortunately the available free time decreased a lot since then and I am expecting to face some issues at start that may missed out.

Howerer I will try to provide fixes asap and get it back soon to its prior status.

As a temporary solution in case you face any issues, I added a "Skip mission" option that you can select through the F10 radio menu at mission start.

Thanks and have fun!

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Thanks a lot for the all the efforts greg! I can imagine how annoying it must be for campaign creators to keep updating campaigns because of changes in the game!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

As long as we need to update because the game is getting improved, it is not that bad. But knowing how much more demanding are new maps for helo campaigns (unit / bases placement is crucial and affected by map changes much more) I don’t envy Greg.. but I am sure once all is up to speed with new Caucasus it will feel like a completely new campaign!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Mission 1, No problems.

Mission 2, No problems but Kobuleti NDB does not work (tested in another map. It woks in 2.5, but not on this mission strangely)

Mission 3, it does not allow the mission to load, it says "f4E module missing" or smth like it.

(I will keep trying all missions through the single mission)

Edited by Ala13_Kokakolo

Same Here...

Mission 1, No problems.

Mission 2, No problems but Kobuleti NDB does not work (tested in another map. It woks in 2.5, but not on this mission strangely)

Mission 3, it does not allow the mission to load, it says "f4E module missing" or smth like it.

(I will keep trying all missions through the single mission)

I have the same results as you, though 2.5 fixed a crash in the first mission in 1.5.

Looking forward to the updated campaign.

Had waitet until 2.5 to fly your campaign Greg. Now im getting in...

Any chance to replace the old oilrigs with the new detailed ones which already exist in the sim? Please :)

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

Had waitet until 2.5 to fly your campaign Greg. Now im getting in...

Any chance to replace the old oilrigs with the new detailed ones which already exist in the sim? Please :)

Unfortunately, the New Oil Rig are not models that can be placed in ME.

We still have the old offshore rigs to place in ME.

I don't know if this is something ED intends to create as a static object that we can use or not.

I guess time will tell.

SnowTiger:joystick:

Ok, didn´t know. But i really hope Greg solves also the "problem" with the updated EGT limitation which makes it actual almost unplayable.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=199388

Apart from these real problems, it would be a great campaign which i bought especially to celebrate 2.5

Edited by Ganesh

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

Well the mission loads OK but due to all the weight of the fuel, ammo and cargo, I quickly get an engine fire. If I try to get translational lift the cargo jumps around as if it is attached by an elastic band.

I think these are DCS update issues, which is a shame because the campaign is great.

Maybe the mission could be split up into smaller missions? (probably a huge task).

Anyone else had more success than me?

John.

The fire was no problem to me even though I had to exceed the EGT up to 700° to lift it. Once gaining speed, I also have the "jumping cargo" problem though...looks like a general sling load glitch to me?

I think I flew straight with no input to the cyclic/collective, but the cargo starts to swing more and more until it unhooks (see video)

Maybe it should be reported in the bug section? Anybody managed to successfully sling load cargo so far?

Edited by rge75

I think I flew straight with no input to the cyclic/collective, but the cargo starts to swing more and more until it unhooks (see video)

Maybe it should be reported in the bug section? Anybody managed to successfully sling load cargo so far?

Holy perpetuum mobile :shocking: BST should fix this!

regards Ganesh

Bo-105 PAH1A1

Mission 2 bug, or poor engine management?

Keep having an error at the beginning of Mission 2. I collect all the sailors from the sub then quickly fly towards the hospital. 3 times now I'm halfway there and a get a chirp on my comms and a message saying "you've damaged the aircraft, mission failure" seconds later we are all a ball of debris on the ground. Don't think I ever had this issue when I played the mission in 1.5

Keep having an error at the beginning of Mission 2. I collect all the sailors from the sub then quickly fly towards the hospital. 3 times now I'm halfway there and a get a chirp on my comms and a message saying "you've damaged the aircraft, mission failure" seconds later we are all a ball of debris on the ground. Don't think I ever had this issue when I played the mission in 1.5

I think your engine went up in flames and exploded. Keep your EGT within the limits.

This wasnt implemented when you flew it last time.

regards Ganesh

Bo-105 PAH1A1

It reminds me of the Tacoma bridge which was swinging more and more until it collapsed...

Cool, you found a resonance :)

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss