Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle issue

Oh dear, Although I have seen and read lots of postings about this subject i'm never sure if they actually have reference to my particular concern.

My concern is this, (as so many begin) have used the above mentioned controller for about 6/8 months without any problems.

Last evening, BLAM! The stick went spazzo. Slight physical movement of the stick and on screen the stick was like a jumping around thing that was jumping around.

To remedy this I three times ran calibration tool from Thrustmaster. No. not fixed.

However I did come across an updated version of calibration tool elsewhere, ran that and it fixed the jumping around. Great. https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1293634&postcount=36 :thumbup:

Couldnt take off, no, aircraft not moving? visual look down at throttles showed them not moving. Nothing at all.

Thought I would zoom in an see if ? well not sure what that would have done. But it did show that the "Slider" I use for zoom was also not working.

How odd, but no worries I will run calibrati........Nope, not fixed. Thrustmaster clibration tool, windows control panel tool, no fix.

Reload software and stuff and stuff and unplug replug restart's.

As recommended by one post I removed bottom covers of throttle body to check ground contacts of the wire that does the ground thingy, thing.

Yeah found the contact area's (two) where looking rusty,(ish) so cleaned those. I didnt fix any thing.

No, I dont have the ability to take anything else apart. The electrical boards and connecters have been covered with glue so, wiggling or cleaning is not realy an option there. Not for me.

The buttons on throttle assembly work fine, no worries with flap switch or any of the other switches.

But the throttle controls ? now there is no control there. Push levers all the way forward and the ingame throttle jumps to full. Pull levers back, there off.

Like an English tractor I once had (Furgusson), full on or nothing. Nothing of the smoothness in between, indeed no "control".

Thats the two throttle axes and the slider out of action.

I do run (have) Trackir/Voiceattack/SRS/Tacview ummmmmmmm, think thats it.

Ihave Intel® Core i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

Windows 10 Pro

16 GB Rams

GTX 1080

Oh, I don't run Target. Never needed to.

Yeah had no worries at all untill last evening. Well apart from not being able to fly very well.

So thats where I'm at. But wait there's more.

I luckely have access to a saitec throttle assembly thing which the game has seen in controls, so I will at least be able to still fly(ish) for now.

But it's not the same as flying around with a complete "set" as it were.

So I hope thats enough info for maybe someone to recognize as something they went through, or solved for sure by doing ? ?

For me, the next step will be contacting Thrustmaster. Or my bank manager?

• 2 weeks later...

Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle issue

Yeah, ok. Here it is.

The Warthog Stick and Throttle were purchased 9 months ago.

It arrived, plugged it in and it worked out of the box just as it states on the box. Wonderful.

Now two or three weeks ago something went adrift in the throttle assembly as described above.

Contacted thjrustmaster regarding this and was asked to provide some relevant stuff, number, when purchased, video of control doing whatever it was or was not doing...

Yeah sent all that off and. and. and.

Yeah well nothing really. Told to take this issue up with the retailer.

Contacted retailer and was told to take the issue up with manufacturer.

Outcome for me is one of disappointment. To have spent money (a lot) on what I was lead to

believe was a quality product, only to have it last 9 months and then.......that's it.

Lots of users have them and are happy, as was I, many users have had them for some time without issue.

Some have had issue's, and had wonderful results by contacting thrustmaster.

Well good for them. My story was and has ended differently. I will not be purchasing another of their products.

Have you tried another PC - even just to test?

Here in AU, there are consumer laws which are very clear - retailers are absolutely responsible for warranty, although the consumer has the choice of taking it up with the manufacturer.

If it was me, I'd grab my receipt/proof of sale, head to the retailer and demand a refund (or repair). Plug it into a PC they have there and see if it works, or not. A quick look over the NZ Consumer Laws suggest they are pretty well aligned with AU.

Thanks for that.

Yes i'm now moving into that area, NZ consumer guarantee legislature.

The initial response from retailer was a bit shocking although they may just be trying it on.

Have secondary PC and although game is not installed it has controller calibration thingy in its software.

The results are the same, buttons=ok axis =na!

Yeah, i just have to keep at them for now.

Sorry to hear you having trouble.

Post your story on the retailers site, face book, put it i n new egg review. Get your friends to "find your review helpful", or "like" it. Plaster it everywhere.

Try to return it for refund. Not repair. Get your money back.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

Oh dear, Although I have seen and read lots of postings about this subject i'm never sure if they actually have reference to my particular concern.

My concern is this, (as so many begin) have used the above mentioned controller for about 6/8 months without any problems.

Last evening, BLAM! The stick went spazzo. Slight physical movement of the stick and on screen the stick was like a jumping around thing that was jumping around.

To remedy this I three times ran calibration tool from Thrustmaster. No. not fixed.

However I did come across an updated version of calibration tool elsewhere, ran that and it fixed the jumping around. Great. https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1293634&postcount=36 :thumbup:

Couldnt take off, no, aircraft not moving? visual look down at throttles showed them not moving. Nothing at all.

Thought I would zoom in an see if ? well not sure what that would have done. But it did show that the "Slider" I use for zoom was also not working.

How odd, but no worries I will run calibrati........Nope, not fixed. Thrustmaster clibration tool, windows control panel tool, no fix.

Reload software and stuff and stuff and unplug replug restart's.

As recommended by one post I removed bottom covers of throttle body to check ground contacts of the wire that does the ground thingy, thing.

Yeah found the contact area's (two) where looking rusty,(ish) so cleaned those. I didnt fix any thing.

No, I dont have the ability to take anything else apart. The electrical boards and connecters have been covered with glue so, wiggling or cleaning is not realy an option there. Not for me.

The buttons on throttle assembly work fine, no worries with flap switch or any of the other switches.

But the throttle controls ? now there is no control there. Push levers all the way forward and the ingame throttle jumps to full. Pull levers back, there off.

Like an English tractor I once had (Furgusson), full on or nothing. Nothing of the smoothness in between, indeed no "control".

Thats the two throttle axes and the slider out of action.

I do run (have) Trackir/Voiceattack/SRS/Tacview ummmmmmmm, think thats it.

Ihave Intel® Core i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

Windows 10 Pro

16 GB Rams

GTX 1080

Oh, I don't run Target. Never needed to.

Yeah had no worries at all untill last evening. Well apart from not being able to fly very well.

So thats where I'm at. But wait there's more.

I luckely have access to a saitec throttle assembly thing which the game has seen in controls, so I will at least be able to still fly(ish) for now.

But it's not the same as flying around with a complete "set" as it were.

So I hope thats enough info for maybe someone to recognize as something they went through, or solved for sure by doing ? ?

For me, the next step will be contacting Thrustmaster. Or my bank manager?

I had the same throttle issue as you - throttles and the right side slider jumped to full.

I found that it is not a throttle issue but rather a W10 issue wherein it keeps track of every device plugged into your USB ports. I don't know enough about this but here is how I corrected it.

Get a copy of USBDeview (free) search the web for it. A great tool to show all your USB ports. It shows what has been connected, links to the registry files and other things.

Then I deleted ALL the records of the USB ports that showed devices I had connected to that were not used anymore - keeping those I recognized as current. I particularly deleted the USB's that showed my WH connections. I particularly deleted the information on USB ports where it showed the same item (throttle for instance) that had been installed on different USB ports over time. Seems old W10 has some issues here or . . . my "fix-it" tools are too aggressive in removing valuable info in the registry.

Don't worry. The moment you reconnect a device to a USB port it will rebuild that information.

I also re-installed the WH drivers, and re-installed firmware and any updates including re-installing Target software and re-calibrated the throttle with TM's throtle calibration tools (important). I probably did not really have to install Target but I did anyway.

Follow TM's bouncing ball on rebooting and plugging in your TM stuff.

And . . . . . . voila . . . . . . you are good to go. I have not had an issue for the last week.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Edited by Catseye

Catseye

Thanks for this information, it's at the least caught my attention. Particularly in regards to the issue occurring (Throttle) immediately following that odd stick behavior I mentioned in OP.

So I will be following up on this as soon as I get the time to do so. Gosh, fingers crossed.

More to follow, I guess.