Open Source Helios

[FD]Ripper

I cant log in either under my original user name and password. I would imagine that database has been deleted, but I cant re-register?

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

New bee question: the gadrocksworkshop.com is still down or down again.

I have the Helios package downloaded from the .dk shadow site.

Does somebody have the Loz SM v2.1 rar file available and is willing to share it?

I am new to DCS and would like to try a multi monitor setup in view mode first before spending the money on a secondary touch screen.

Edited: the site came up later today and I was able to download the files.

Edited by Telefunken
Site came up

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

DCS 1.5.2 and 2.0.1

Thrustmaster HOTAS stick and throttle + extension

T-Rudder MK III

40" QHD main screen

27" Helios touchscreen

I might not get to my home PC until tomorrow, but when I do, Im pretty sure I have it to attach or send to you.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Thank you sir

SOLVED: thanks Capt_Z, error on my part.

I have a problem.

There is absolutely NO WAY I can get the new buttons copied from one instance of the editor in to another and thus I cannot get the new buttons for the radios in Loz profile! It simply doesn't work as it does in the instruction video. Any help would be appreciated :D before I get bonkers and throw out my PC ;)

Edited by hakjar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

• 2 weeks later...

New problem.

I cannot get Capt Zeen profiles to work! When i use the scripts included everything breaks and does not work. Then I have to tell Helios to set up the DCS interface again and Loz profile works (not the radio fix). If I then try to use Capt scripts it breaks again. Any ideas to what I'm doing wrong here?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

• 1 month later...

HI guys,

I have a problem with Helios not refreshing the gauges and instruments exported, fast enough.

I tried changing the refresh rate in the export.lua file but there was no change in the result.

I am using Windows 10 so there's no Aero theme.

Just wondering if anyone encountered this problem before?

Thank you,

Kaby Lake @ 4.6Ghz - Gigabyte Z170-D3H - 16Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 OC - Samsung EVO 250Gb SSD - Seagate 1 Tb HDD - HTC Vive - Rift CV1

• 1 month later...

Anyone working on getting Helios to work with Windows 10? I have been trying this for the last few days, with no success. No matter what I do, the profiles never run.

Any suggestions?

Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit

i5 4690

GTX 970 x 2 SLI

16g ram

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Proud founder of VNAO and current deck jockey with VFA-103:pilotfly::pilotfly:

working fine for me on win 10 as well,,, I have some posts in here about it, but its been so long,, I dont remember where I posted,,, you might have to do some searching

Well I must be doing something wrong then. Like I said, I have fooled around with this for around two weeks off and on. Last few days mostly on. When I test a profile on the Control Center, absolutely nothing happens on the second monitor.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Proud founder of VNAO and current deck jockey with VFA-103:pilotfly::pilotfly:

Anyone working on getting Helios to work with Windows 10? I have been trying this for the last few days, with no success. No matter what I do, the profiles never run.

Any suggestions?

Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit

i5 4690

GTX 970 x 2 SLI

16g ram

Thanks

When I went to Windows 10 x64 last fall I had a problem with Helios where the Editor and Control Center wouldn't work correctly. I finally got it fixed. I usually write down my own Readme on how I fixed it so if I have to do it again. But I looked all over and cannot find any Readme on how to fix it. If I find it, I will post my solution.

But I remember fixing some problems with running apps as Admin. But my Helios currently does not have Run as Admin checked, so that probably isn't it. I also remember fixing some app by checking it's Properties/Security and making sure it had 'Full Control'. Also, check the same 'Full Control' for the apps Folder. That might be a fix for this Helios problem. Or try running it from the root of your drive as the path name might be too long or be a problem?

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

When I went to Windows 10 x64 last fall I had a problem with Helios where the Editor and Control Center wouldn't work correctly. I finally got it fixed. I usually write down my own Readme on how I fixed it so if I have to do it again. But I looked all over and cannot find any Readme on how to fix it. If I find it, I will post my solution.

But I remember fixing some problems with running apps as Admin. But my Helios currently does not have Run as Admin checked, so that probably isn't it. I also remember fixing some app by checking it's Properties/Security and making sure it had 'Full Control'. Also, check the same 'Full Control' for the apps Folder. That might be a fix for this Helios problem. Or try running it from the root of your drive as the path name might be too long or be a problem?

Tried all of the above. Still a no go. I also checked to make sure that windows 10 had .net 4 installed and it does. I am pretty sure this is something simple that I am missing. Just don't know what it could be.

Incidentally, here is what happens. When I start a profile, I get a "Helios has stopped working.... etc." box and the program dies.

Do you get a crash with the editor?

Did you try try running the installer as Administrator?

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

Hey, I found a post that I made when I finally fixed Helios last fall. It was my BitDefender Ransomware stopping it from running. (I didn't know the new Win 10 version of BD had that!)

Also, look through that thread. Others had problems and some fixes too..

Edited by Snacko

Thats intersesting, I switched to Win 10 quite awhile back and had no issue with Helios editor, and I use Bitdefender 2016 as well, but I did NOT have to make any changes in Bitdefender?

I believe by default, the Ransomware in BD is on. When I ran some apps(not all) it would pop up and ask me to Allow the app to run. I clicked ok. Another window popped up that I didn't read, and I just closed it. I assumed that second window was a confirmation. But later I found out that it was not! I had to click again to allow apps to run..

Have you tested just sending keys to notepad?

Sorry, I haven't flown in a few weeks, so I don't know if I'm still working or not.