HOTAS Warthog issues

Hi,

I know this forum has to do with DCS, but maybe someone can help me here. I just installed a brand new HOTAS Warthog to my computer, however, even though it installs the throttle fine, the joystick gets installed as an Unspecified "Joystick Bootloader", but it doesn't get recognized in any program. I've tried uninstalling and installing more than 5 times without any success. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Ok, so I tried what the guide says and it never installed the joystick. Still the same: Throttle installed, and the joystick as "Unspecified" and "Joystick Bootload" but it doesn't work...

The message it gave me was:

"ERROR: time-out device should had arrived in HID.

(Code: 0x34100002)"

Edited by sniperpr1

Download the thrustmaster drivers from their site. Hold pickle button plus gun trigger and while holding those plug in the joystick directly to the PC. Open the thrustmaster firmware updater and you should see your joystick firmware there. Select the firmware for the joystick and click next. It will update the drivers at this point.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Ok, solved the issue. I found out that the female mini in the base of the joystick has a common problem: the plug is commonly lower than it needs to be for the joystick handle to plug into it, so the only way to make it work was to pull up the whole cable so it could reach the handle. The only way to do this (even if it invalidated the warranty) was to dismantle the joystick, reach the cable, pull it up and connect it to the handle. As soon as I connected it to my computer it was recognized and worked perfectly. Once again, it invalidates your warranty, so it is at your own risk, but if you have the same problem, this works fine,