Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50

Cyph3r

In this post you can see some of the differences: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3406287&postcount=1734

It´s up to you if this is worth the additional cost. Personally, if I would buy a T-50 grip I would go for the CM-version. Looking good.

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my CM in recently and wanted to confirm 2 things:

1. Is the brake lever supposed to hit the body of the joystick when fully depressed?

2. Is the flip-up trigger supposed to feel a bit sticky when it's getting flipped up? On the VKB MCG it's a smooth motion (I can just flick it forward and it pops up by itself), but on the CM I have to assist it all the way, otherwise it gets a bit sticky towards the end of the travel.

Any news about the throttle yet? I'm just a bit anxious :joystick::pilotfly:.

Agreed! Ordered this stick to replace my X-52 and need to complete the transition to a proper setup.

i9 9900k, H150i AIO, Asus Code XI, 64Gb @ 3200mhz DDR4, FTW3 Hybrid 1080ti, M.2 521Gb OS, M.2 2Tb Games

Rift, Virpil T50, Warthog Throttle, Saitek Pedals, Cougar MFDs

I see the t-50CM grip is out of stock. Guessing the sale went well.

Any news about the throttle yet? I'm just a bit anxious :joystick::pilotfly:.

The website said out of stock, but when I hit "Buy", the shopping cart showed otherwise. Just got mine. Happy with it.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Its over two full weeks of my order and still not shipped. Well maybe this is how things are there. Take money and let customers wait ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Its over two full weeks of my order and still not shipped. Well maybe this is how things are there. Take money and let customers wait ...

That is about normal for their lead time from what I have seen.

Trust me, it is still way better than some of the "other guys"...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

One of my orders (base) was shipped one week ago, but since then no update of the tracking info. The other order (desk mount),I made at the same day, is still not shipped. If I will order again any products from Virpil I only will do that via Amazon.

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

I contacted Virpil about purchasing a T-50 with the offset extension and that type of extension is not offered, however they continue to show an offset extension on their website and these photos.

That was the prototype type on first post here.

Personally I think a offset might not be the best idea, might strain the gimbal. My opinion though. I’m just going to cut out the center front of my chair and I got some egg crate foam and stuff to pad up my chair and backing. It’s was a cheaper Office chair so no big deal for me. A car chair is too heavy for me to lug around right now.

Ordered my Vipril T-50 Base last weekend. Very excited to get it in and replace the Warthog:) I have a nice long extension now and eventually will be using this with a TM Hornet and VKB Tomcat stick.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

Still not shipped , its 3 weeks now ...

Are you sure. That's what I thought also. Next thing I knew it was at my doorsteps.

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Are you sure. That's what I thought also. Next thing I knew it was at my doorsteps.

Well there should be email when it is send. Really hope that it shows up

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Agreed

JUST CHOPPERS

I have an order pending as well close to the same amount of time Haukka, just over 2 weeks. I'm in no way concerned, I wouldn't be Haukka. I ordered from them before some time before Xmas a few months back, same thing happened to me - the status changed on my order the same day it was sitting in my community mailbox locker, surprised me.

It's a bit confusing on the Virpil site - below each item in the catalogue it says it's a 10-14 day wait for assembly, testing, and customs clearance. This refers to customs clearance for the parts coming IN to Virpil, NOT going OUT to the customer. Then, on the shipping/receipt page it states it can take 5 to 14 days for EMS (the shipping company) for your order to arrive. So, a total of up to 14 days (at least) for Virpil to complete, test, and ship your order, than another 5 to 14 days for you to receive it.

IE they've stated (although not perfectly clearly, but clear enough) that it can take up to 28 days from the time you order to the time you receive it.

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

My T-50 base I ordered on the 22 of February has finally arrived at DHL Germany and will be delivered in the next days. The desk mount I ordered at the same day has now a shipped status on their homepage but no tracking number.

The email comms with Virpil for me have been excellent. Very interactive with me, despite having similar experiences with the "check your order" deal as others here. They are a growing company doing their best IMO, I've used the T50 for a few months now (I sold it to someone who demanded it from me at $100 more than I paid as he didn't want to wait) and am waiting for a new bottom end for my remaining T50 stick.

I'll be supporting them by purchasing the WrBrd (this I really want, as I can put my various TM sticks as well as the Virpil's in it on my desktop), and their throttle too.

Those of you who haven't used one of these newer sticks don't know what you're missing, the improvement over the WH is significant. I best describe it as all the best feelings that my trusty CH could give me in terms of light precision, yet quality and a "solid" feel that my TM WH sticks have, and that's with the factory/stock cams and springs. You are able to really customize the feel with the different cams/springs.

I find the only real negative with the desk mounts was the distance to my desk to reach the keyboard and see the LCD, but what with VR being most of my DCS flying now anyway - which is another story - that distance doesn't matter. I did buy a keyboard stand that lets me prop up my keyboard at about 30 degrees, allowing me to more easily hit keys that I need to here and there even with Voice Attack.

Guys who want a center stick will really like the desk mounts and T50 with the extensions too, I've used a specific side stick placement on my desktop since the early 90s, but am considering changing to center stick for some stuff when the new T50 base gets here.

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

I really can't wait for the warBRD. The only thing stopping me from buying one of the sticks because a mounting solution right now does not work for me. I've looked into monstertech long version mounts and they are pretty expensive, around $260 shipped. So the warBRD makes perfect sense for me with a t50 grip. I just hope it's available soon.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

You know what pisses my off about the Desk Mount? The empty space between the stick base and the desk. I thought it would be a great place for some additional controls! At first I thought about using some Microchip's PIC (I worked a lot with assembler on 8/16 bits microcontrollers) then I've found Arduino and I've discovered a whole new world (screw you single register 8-bit PIC! :D ).

This is the current result, I'm waiting for the delivery of the rotary encoders (ETA end of March / beginning of April) then I'll open a proper thread in the DIY area of the forum (that's why there's so much empty space in the top box).

IMG-20180304-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20180304-WA0000.jpg

Wow, such a great idea.

Now you gave me the idea to attach the Cougar MFDs whenever mine get here. I'll probably just zip tie them to the desk mounts though.

Still not shipped , its 3 weeks now ...

You should buy the Crosswind pedals.... a man learns patience when them bad boys are on order!

No regrets on arrival mind!

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Wow, such a great idea.

Now you gave me the idea to attach the Cougar MFDs whenever mine get here. I'll probably just zip tie them to the desk mounts though.

Thanks mate! I was thinking about the MFDs as well but I couldn't find any cool solution to "embed" them into the desk mount.

Quick update: rotary encoders delivered and mounted; as soon as the caps arrive I'll open a thread in In&Out.

IMG_20180316_133807.jpg

full_tiny.pngfull_tiny.png
full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"
Virtual Backseaters Volume I: F-14 Radar Intercept Officer - Fifth Public Draft
Virtual Backseaters Volume II: F-4E Weapon Systems Officer - Internal Draft WIP

Phantom Phamiliarisation Video Series | F-4E/F-14 Kneeboard Pack

Guys who want a center stick will really like the desk mounts and T50 with the extensions too, I've used a specific side stick placement on my desktop since the early 90s, but am considering changing to center stick for some stuff when the new T50 base gets here.

Yeah I am so loving my T-50 setup, with their desk-mount and 150mm of extensions I could never go back to a desk top stick.

I have many , many hours logged in with this stick now.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|