• UH-1H Huey
    • MIG-21bis
    • Fw 190 D-9 Dora
    • Hawk T.1A
    • other (post note)

--- NEW MODULE AVAILABLE: SU-25/SU-25T ---

--- NEW MODULE AVAILABLE: SU-25/SU-25T ---

If you have a thing for the Frogfoot then this is your lucky day:

a new VAICOM 2.0 add-on profile for use with the SU-25/SU-25T is now available.

Download here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1539687/

Enjoy!

Hollywood

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

--- NEW MODULE AVAILABLE: P-51D/TF-51D ---

--- NEW MODULE AVAILABLE: P-51D/TF-51D ---

A VAICOM 2.0 add-on profile for use with the P-51D/TF-51D Mustang is now available.

Download here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1540339/

Props to Davison for testing

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

typo

I'm getting the same message

Unable to get value from URI

I'm also running the 1.5ob. I edit the path as directed with Notepad++ but I still get the URI message. What additional information do you require to help me sort the isssue?

I am also getting the same problems running 1.5 beta, starting mission saying "mission start" it loads and starts the mission, when i ask\say "tower, request taxi to runway" my screen flashes for an instant to an outside view of what looks like my aircraft and back to the cockpit view. radio sounds are all there including the two confirmation blips. no radio menu shown although easy communication is true, starting to pull my hair out, two days iv'e been at this now. pls help before i jump off control tower, lol. cheers.

12:49:13 - Unable to get value from URI - Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOM\Tools\TEMP\options.lua'.

12:49:13 - Easy Communications is True

12:49:13 - Unable to get value from URI - Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOM\Tools\TEMP\mission.lua'.

12:49:14 - Unable to get value from URI - Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOM\Tools\TEMP\mission.lua'.

for some reason or other (mission.lua) is not being spelled correctly on this forum but is OK in the VIACOM_fetch_data file.

Edited by shaz56

Shaz I had the same issue - screen flash then goes to F2 outside view. What I did was press ESC and then Resume and after that when I made a call to ATC I no longer had the flash or the F2 view. No idea why that worked.

Win 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7-7700k@4.2GHz, MSI 1080Ti , 16 GB, 500GB SSD, LG 34UM95, Acer T232HL, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

hey Hollwood_315, thanks so much, you were right. i have an English key board so main menu key was # key not \, maybe you could put warning out about this. totally sorted although a lot of commands were ignored, I suppose speech recog has to learn my strong West country accent. LOL anyways Ta very much.

--- NOTE ON NON-US INTERNATIONAL KEYBOARDS ---

welcome shaz, here we go

--- NOTE ON NON-US INTERNATIONAL KEYBOARDS ---

Issue:

Some users with non-US International keyboard have reported issues regarding view switches and voice commands not being correctly processed. It turns out this was caused by a mismatch between key definitions in VA and DCS due to their non - US International keyboard layouts. For example, some UK keyboards use the '#~' key instead of '\'.

Workaround:

If you experience similar problems try this

- Go into Voice Attack

- Open profile edit

- Go to category Process Management

- Open command _Menu_Execute

- There are two lines (3,6) where the '\' key press is defined

- Edit (double click) these lines and on your keyboard press the same --physical!-- key

you are using in DCS config for Communications Menu (re-confirm this keybind first).

- Store with OK (so you do this twice: for line 3 and for line 6)

Fly DCS and see if it works.

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

While I have been using VAC for several years, I am fairly new to VA. So I have a question. If I am using say num 1 and AutoHotKey to transmit a radio channel command to VA, does that mean that the game will not recognize any other commands that are also sent to Helios. For example, when pressing the Mic switch on the TM WH to the right, a request is sent to Loz's Helios profile to open a window in the Helios monitor so you can see the radio commands in that window rather than in the top right of the main monitor. However, when running VA, the latter command does not seem to be sent to Helios. I thought that I read that you can override this problem, but I could not locate the command.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Hey sobe

Sure, that can be done. By default VAICOM blocks the NUM0-NUM3 keys but this can be changed so that they are passed through. Proceed as follows:

- go into VoiceAttack

- open profile edit

- go to category Push-To-Talk

- there's a Press and Release command for each PTT key (NUM0-NUM3)

- edit (double-click) these commands and press [...] icon on the 'when I press keys' line

- in the pop-up, uncheck 'do not allow key to be passed through'. Press OK, OK.

- you do this for each PTT command, so 8 times in total.

Feel free to PM me if you have more questions.

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

--- NEW MODULES AVAILABLE: SU-27 + A-10A ---

Hi, two fresh new modules for VAICOM 2.0 can now be downloaded:

*) SU-27 https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1541658/

*) A-10A https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1541659/

Enjoy!

Hollywood

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Wow thats an awesome Mod! I hope I get it to work! I bought Voice Attack that I can enjoy that Mod the rest of my live :D

Keep it going it looks like it changes the feeling immense!

Regards

Griffon26

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Never parachute into an area you've just bombed

You never have too much fuel, unless you burn.

So hope someone knows an answer.

Im a native German Speaker and my Windows 7 home too. I have some problems with Voice Attack to recognise english words. When I say "Chief, ground electric power OFF" than the recognised sentence is really, really retarded :megalol: It says something like: 'schief neun pro' that means 'crooked nine per' :doh:

How can I get my computer to know the english words? I read that i need the Win 7 Ultimate to switch between language packs. But I dont wanna change the whole Windows in english just the speak recognition thing.

Im pretty sure not everyone who uses this software is a native english speaker. How did you get it to work? Trained the computer?

Regards

Griffon26

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Never parachute into an area you've just bombed

You never have too much fuel, unless you burn.

How can I get my computer to know the english words? I read that i need the Win 7 Ultimate to switch between language packs. But I dont wanna change the whole Windows in english just the speak recognition thing.

Funny timing, cause I had the exact same problem for the exact same reason today as well. :)

Win 7 Ultimate here, so installing an English software package required just a visit at Windows Update, and I indeed switched my Windows interface to English in order to get the English voice recognition to work.

I don't really mind the interface being in English, but if there's an easy way to keep it German and use English voice recognition at the same time that would be cool, I'd appreciate some useful hints as well. :thumbup:

Okay, that was simple (unless I'm mistaken).

Voice Attack has a DropDown menu for the Speech Engine.

I just switched my Windows back to German, logged off and on again, then selected the EN US Speech Engine from within Voice Attack and it seems to be working just fine.

I guess it still makes sense to switch Windows to English once and train the voice recognition, but after that it seems it can be switched back to whatever localized version and Voice Attack will work just fine. Awesome. ;)

(Note, I have Win 7 Ultimate (I knew this would come in handy one day ;)). Doing the same in Win 7 Home is probably a lot more difficult, if at all possible).

Edit: Sorry for OT! I'll be sure to check out VAICOM soon and then say something on topic about it. :)

capture_20151108_001.thumb.png.f07054150b9fcc79ffd2a7504278c5b9.png

Hollywood

I still have a problem understanding something you said (a brain fart on my part no doubt). You have said that VA only uses keyboard keys and therefore I may have to disable joysticks in VA in order to send numb0-3 to my Loz A10 Helios profile. Does that mean that these commands will still get through to the game and VA and to the Helios profile? Sorry for the confusion on my part.

I tried to follow your above advice and found that the When I press keys box was checked, but the Do not allow key to be passed through box was NOT checked. Not sure what to do?

Edited by sobe
2nd paragraph added

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

I have fresh install of Windows 10 and my country is Finland...so I got error

"speech recognition is not available for the current display language"

Take some time at google to find this....hope it will help others...:)

To get speech recognition to work at other languages than in English do this..

1. Click' Start' button, then choose 'Setting'

2. Choose 'System' then click 'Apps & features' in left panel. In right panel, click 'Manage optional features'.

3. Click 'Add features' to install following two components.

English (US) speech recognition

English (US) text-to-speech

Now I need to find time to learn to speak clear english to get Vaicom to do what I want..:book:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP Z420 | Xeon E5-1650 @3.20GHz/3.70Ghz | 16Gb DDR3-1333 | ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti AMP! | Micron RealSSD C400 256Gb | Sound Blaster Z | TrackIR4 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog| CH Pro pedals | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Just a question, for this to work (I already installed speech recog for English (US) ) I need to set DCS to English to, right ?

Cause I tested it with my french DCS and I can't get any command recognized (I have a poor accent but I can speak english :O)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi, two fresh new modules for VAICOM 2.0 can now be downloaded:

*) SU-27 https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1541658/

*) A-10A https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1541659/

Enjoy!

Hollywood

Excellent work mate. please keep the profiles coming, I love this mod it really adds to the immersion. :thumbup:

SD

[sIGPIC]sigpic55726_5.gif[/sIGPIC]

Hmm...seems that this is not for you if you can't speak good english..I give up. This is good idea but will not work for me.

I was trying to say command "ATC Options" but voice attack gets 'into the top spot since' or 'the great spot since'

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP Z420 | Xeon E5-1650 @3.20GHz/3.70Ghz | 16Gb DDR3-1333 | ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti AMP! | Micron RealSSD C400 256Gb | Sound Blaster Z | TrackIR4 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog| CH Pro pedals | Win 10 Pro 64-bit