=BURNING SKIES= WWII Server

eekz

Hi Hiro,

its the aaa the 20mm is way more dangerus than the bofors 40mm. its fires faster and is easer to aim with. Even when it is not historical i would build for both sides the same aaa to protect targets, so both sides use the 20mm. If you like it historical you need to set the bofors on a higher level to use the historical guns, but with the same dangerus damaged out put as the conterpart.

What you have for a system and settings? Can fly on Israel without to much problems. i7 3737k 16 BG ram and gtx 680 with high to medium ingame settings 1920x1080.

Hey Little D !

Is that so ? Ok, I didnt know that in DCS 20 mm gets that effective. I already avoid airfields and most often this days break pursuit when approaching them but that puts me even further on attention.

I have 1080Ti, 24 GB RAM, Crucial SSD and Core i5 4670. Cpu is the worst part of it and I will be replacing it with Ryzen/Threadripper by the end of this year but cant exactly say when. For now it has to be the way it is. But flying at 4k I get noticeably lower frames on Israeli server.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

I got shot 2 days ago by friendly bofors. At first I thought I've lost my wing due to pulling too many G's but that wasnt proper for me since I wasnt pulling nearly as hard to get to the limits, then I've checked it and Tacview confirmed that I was at 5.7 G's in last recorded moment. In the same second however Bofors gun fired at 109 K and it looks like it removed my wing :(

Those chaps are not cool, they should get a better training.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /

If so. Why isn't anyone on the BurningSkyes TS while the server is populatet by 16+ Pilots?

If there were a SRS Server running I would guess there are more people comunicating.

Just my oppinion.

idem +1

I always connect TS server first ...

but seems that I am the only one to do it :(

but , it's so better with vocal comms to coordonate :thumbup:

Clevo Sager - i7 6700-K 4.0Ghz OC@4.4Ghz - RAM 32GB DDR4 - VIDEO Nvidia 980 GTX 8Go - XFi SoundBlaster

VR with Oculus Rift - KGB Gunfighter-Pro + Cougar Gaz + Simped + volant T300 + pédalier LeoBodnar

I got shot 2 days ago by friendly bofors. At first I thought I've lost my wing due to pulling too many G's but that wasnt proper for me since I wasnt pulling nearly as hard to get to the limits, then I've checked it and Tacview confirmed that I was at 5.7 G's in last recorded moment. In the same second however Bofors gun fired at 109 K and it looks like it removed my wing :(

Those chaps are not cool, they should get a better training.

Idk, but I saw from tacview that when enemy approach the blue bases and Bofors start to open fire, all bullets are very in lag then the enemy (maybe because the skill of the Bofors is low). So is possible that blue players can be shot down from friendly fire when follow the enemy from nearby over the airfield.

IndiaFoxtEcho Textures Artist

My DCS liveries on UserFiles page here

Hi Hiro,

its the aaa the 20mm is way more dangerus than the bofors 40mm. its fires faster and is easer to aim with. Even when it is not historical i would build for both sides the same aaa to protect targets, so both sides use the 20mm. If you like it historical you need to set the bofors on a higher level to use the historical guns, but with the same dangerus damaged out put as the conterpart.

regards

Little_D

Not only that but those flaks are using 23mm ammo from ZU-23 and I would be inclined to say that they also might work the same and rotate quicker. But yes you need higher level on Bofors or it almost never wants to fire at fast planes and itmisses a lot.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

Is this server populated frequently? I really can't justify spending that obnoxious pricetag on the maps just to shoot people at a peak time on a Saturday.

From 8:00 PM GMT+1 to 00.00 have the peak. (from 20 to 30 players) Also sometimes on 2:00 AM GMT+1

IndiaFoxtEcho Textures Artist

My DCS liveries on UserFiles page here

Attached Label mod from Blue Flag:Normandy for anyone who wants it.

can you explain this BurningSkies Labels mod ?

what the differrences ; with the well known common LABELS mod ?

from 500Ft to 80 000FT ?

:thumbup:

Edited by JallieFR

Clevo Sager - i7 6700-K 4.0Ghz OC@4.4Ghz - RAM 32GB DDR4 - VIDEO Nvidia 980 GTX 8Go - XFi SoundBlaster

VR with Oculus Rift - KGB Gunfighter-Pro + Cougar Gaz + Simped + volant T300 + pédalier LeoBodnar

Is this integrity check necessary for this damn server ? I dont like flying with overly dirty and darkened pit, especially as I dont use Deferred Shading and this tained pit is absolutely useless.

Hi all!

Yes, integrity check will be always on on the server. Having it off makes cheating incredibly easy.

Also, I'll throw updated Normady_Missions on the server tommorow. I think I found what caused the lag. If everything is fine, I'll move scrips from this mission to new one "Operation Cobra" from Solty and host on the server.

Sorry everyone for summer delays.

Куплю B-17, можно B-24. B-29 не предлагать!

Burning Skies

=Burning Skies= @ Facebook

Also, I'll throw updated Normady_Missions on the server tommorow. I think I found what caused the lag. If everything is fine, I'll move scrips from this mission to new one "Operation Cobra" from Solty and host on the server.

Sorry everyone for summer delays.

Yay :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

Eeks is there anything you can do about this gamey sound radar?

Check out the vid posted here.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3227591#post3227591

I'm afraid not. As far as I understand it's replaced external plane sound file and custom sound settings. The issue should be addressed to ED I think. I would suggest to add sound files to Intergrity Check and make server force default sound settings to client option to avoid such things. Definitely looks like a cheat to me.

Куплю B-17, можно B-24. B-29 не предлагать!

Burning Skies

=Burning Skies= @ Facebook

My apologies to a P51 pilot who I set on fire last night in my Spit. I was sure that I was following an FW190, but that clearly wasn't the case.

If anyone here has good tips for aircraft recognition, I'm all ears. Promise that I try to be very careful about who I shoot at.

Setup a switch to zoom view to infinity in and separate switch to zoom out, that is what I do.

I also setup a zoom view closeup to a switch, one setting in Snap Views.

There is no excuse to hit friendlies unless that is what you want to do.

My TrackIR I set a switch to rapid center my view to neutral and separately a pause button so I can use my snap views.

I'm not a big fan of TrackIR as it throws my brain cells too much and disorients me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Use the same label mode settings from DCS Israel could help the players a lot.

How do you think?

Where / How do I find the settings?

I think I know how.

While in game, in MP, whatever server you are using, Left Alt + Tab, bring up My Computer, go to my/your drive letter, my (C: ) Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\View\Labels.lua then copy the .lua file. Stash it somewhere.

Use JSGME to overwrite the current Labels.lua

I think that should work.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is this server populated frequently? I really can't justify spending that obnoxious pricetag on the maps just to shoot people at a peak time on a Saturday.

I am in NY, USA.

Burning Skies server is very active more or less between 2 PM to 8PM my time, most any day, Eastern USA Time Zone.

If you fly around, somebody most likely will see you are on and come looking for you. I have seen guys on wee hours early AM my time.

Get TacView to prove it.

I like to fly around anytime just to find ground targets and get familiar with the terrain and my kneeboard map and the F10 map.

Finally figured out how to get Quartermaster's Bf-109 English cockpit mod to work in 2.1.1 is why I have not been around the last month or so. No need, anymore, for JSGME for language translations cockpits.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Setup a switch to zoom view to infinity in and separate switch to zoom out, that is what I do.

I also setup a zoom view closeup to a switch, one setting in Snap Views.

There is no excuse to hit friendlies unless that is what you want to do.

My TrackIR I set a switch to rapid center my view to neutral and separately a pause button so I can use my snap views.

I'm not a big fan of TrackIR as it throws my brain cells too much and disorients me.

I'm guessing you've not tried vr.

The normal zoom doesn't work. Instead we get a single level of zoom, which won't be anything like as good as the monitor type zoom.

In addition my Rift has a lower resolution than my monitor and can't achieve the same frame rate.

So even zoomed in vr, I'm really struggling.

Don't get me wrong, I love playing in vr, but right now, it's much easier to spot using a monitor.

I have requested that just one server has full labels for vr users. Doesn't need to be BS.

In the meantime I've gone back to flying my Huey solo. It's really not fun being blind in combat.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.