DCS: Me 262 Discussion - Page 24 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-24-2017, 09:52 AM   #231
rel4y

Reputation power: 2
rel4y will become famous soon enoughrel4y will become famous soon enough

What happened to your website Kurfürst? I can't find it anymore and I need it for my daily fix of 109 flight tests.
rel4y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 10:36 AM   #232
Koty

Reputation power: 1
Koty is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kippy View Post
Koty, I can assure you that the 262 is not slow by any means. It will outrun nearly anything, the only obvious threat I remember were Typhoons and Tempests when they had altitude as they retained speed pretty well. A P-51D or 109K-4 simply will not catch it outside of a dive, and will not keep up with it for long in a dive regardless. 262's don't use sharp maneuvers in any circumstance, always maintaining high airspeed by keeping their turns to a very wide radius. Any 262 pilot worth his salt will refuse to allow the aircraft below 375 mp/h when the enemy is around. The priority of flying is stay alive and then fight. A smart 262 pilot will never give up airspeed for a turn, because that's prioritizing fighting over holding onto the thing that keeps them alive - airspeed.

Not to be rude, but.. 570 km/h is slow for a 262, but for prop driven aircraft? I think not.
I was reacting to the slashing attacks, shooting down a fighter plane in a 262 will be a show of skill. As for the air speed, sure, you can go faster, but the G's won't increase, 3G's is basically the maximum you should ever be able to pull off. Well, you could in theory pull harder but...you would lose a ton of speed. 570 would be the tightest I was able to do. In theory, you could fight a Mustang but... you would need someone to keep your 6 clear.

EDIT: Either way, let's wait how it turns out.
Koty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 12:57 PM   #233
OnlyforDCS

Reputation power: 12
OnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koty View Post
3G's is basically the maximum you should ever be able to pull off. Well, you could in theory pull harder but...you would lose a ton of speed.
It all depends. If you are much higher than your intended target or pursuer, for example at the top arc of a High YoYo, you are already slow so pulling harder to get back into an attacking dive is not that much of a penalty as you will quickly regain that lost speed in the dive. Energy fighting is difficult but if you are smart about it you can quickly figure out the do's and don'ts.