STEAM SUMMER SALE: buying a module when I have standalone?

Zoddom

Hello!

so I waited a long time for a good discount on the Mirage 2000C and now that Steam Summer Sale is here I really really want to buy it.

However, the steam page says that every new module since the M2000C will not be compatible with the standalone client if you buy the module on steam.

Now I am completely confused, because the Steam page doesnt say anything about the other requirements.

So my question is: cant I just install DCS World on my Steam account and then buy the M2000C for that, while I keep the standalone client for my other modules?!

Or do I need to have DCSW 2.X for the M2000C so I actually have to buy NTTR/Normandy too, so that I should keep everything on one client?!

Please help :(

EDIT:

Or can I alternatively take my old module keys and activate them in the Steam client? I only have FC3, A-10C and BF 109K.

Edited by Zoddom

You can't activate the STEAM M2000C under the Standalone DCS World 2.x!

So you would need two installation, one for the M2000C under Steam and one DCS World 2.x with the rest, but without M2000C.

Or can I alternatively take my old module keys and activate them in the Steam client? I only have FC3, A-10C and BF 109K.
If you have buy these modules before the 7th. june 2014, then yes, you could activate your modules under STEAM - but BF 109 was released 3rd. december 2014!

--> so you would need a third installation for DCS World 1.5.x for FC3, A-10C and BF 109K-4 to fly over Caucasus (at the moment)!

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

If you buy the Mirage on Steam it will only work on the Steam client. If you buy any other module on Steam they will work on both the Steam and non Steam clients. If you buy non Steam modules direct from ED they will not work on the Steam client. All future modules released on Steam will be like the Mirage and only work on Steam.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01FD using Tapatalk

Rig: i7-6850K, Sapphire 6900XT, 32GB RAM, Asus X99-Pro board.  Gear: VPC WarBRD/MongoosT-50 Stick, VPC MongoosMT-50 Throttle, VKB T-Rudders Mk.IV Pedals, HP Reverb G2.

Oh damn :(

And I guess with the Steam Sale now, the next E-Shop sale will take quite a while to arrive? :(

Why the hell does this need to be so incredibly complicated?

I now activated my A-10C on steam, but I cant activate the BF109, and I couldnt activate the M2000C on standalone.

CMON ED

Edited by Zoddom

The Mirage basically forces you to choose between the Steam and non Steam clients. If your existing modules are non Steam the right move is to wait for an E-Shop sale.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01FD using Tapatalk

Rig: i7-6850K, Sapphire 6900XT, 32GB RAM, Asus X99-Pro board.  Gear: VPC WarBRD/MongoosT-50 Stick, VPC MongoosMT-50 Throttle, VKB T-Rudders Mk.IV Pedals, HP Reverb G2.