=BURNING SKIES= WWII Server

eekz

Guys, I'm currently spending all my free time on core features for future missions which will be a basis for better gameplay. I could have improved the current one but I would be limited to static objectives. I do some progress but as I've said before it takes time to design and code things. When core features are made I'll come up with new mission and consider your feedback on different things.

I would like to do everything the as soon as possible, but the current mission will be at the server at least for 1 more week.

Edited by eekz

Куплю B-17, можно B-24. B-29 не предлагать!

Burning Skies

=Burning Skies= @ Facebook

maybe at lower resolution they are, but why should people running higher resolution suffer because of people running pessant resolutions. all i ask is them to be exactly as they were on 1.5

I fly with 1920 x 1080 and I am happy with the contact visibility as it is. Come on guys! You can see contacts 10 miles away if you look hard. You should not be asking for them to be even more obvious than they are. The fact that 1.5 gave you trainer wheels is not an argument for having them in 2.1 You have Warthunder for things like that. When I suggested to my squad that Burning Skies had a good server to fly in their response was 'God no! That is the server with the big icons on for the Air Quake crowd. No thanks.' I had to convince them that it had changed.

==============================================================================================================================

56sqn US@R

Diary of a hopeless Pilot Officer http://roblex56raf.livejournal.com

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 16Gb RAM, Intel Core i3/i5/i7 6xxx @ 2700 MHz

well you will be as at 1080p they are massive. again i am not asking to increase the distance or have massive icons, i am asking to adjust the lighting on them. how the hell did they give training wheels in 1.5

Edited by Brigg

well you will be as at 1080p they are massive. again i am not asking to increase the distance or have massive icons, i am asking to adjust the lighting on them. how the hell did they give training wheels in 1.5

People confuse realistic visibility with lack of visibility. It actually seems that it works the other way around in dcs and the higher the resolution the better spotting. So people with 4k monitors say its fine while people with 17 inch cant see a damn thing.

Not to mention it is far easier to spot allied planes than German.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

I fly in VR, so I imagine I am at the bottom end of resolution spectrum, and I have to deal with the screen door effect on top of that.

I find spotting on Burning Skies fine.

I find ID'ing very, very, very, very difficult.

As I said in the other post:

I generally tend to spot the "dots" satisfactorily enough "for government work", but have to make some really close tracking passes before I can figure out what they are. And then after figuring out they are I: (a) realize I've spent a good 5-10 minutes tracking a good guy or (b) found the bad guy and now am in a terrible position to engage, not to mention there's somebody else shooting at me.

I accept that that's the cost of doing business. If anyone has any tips on ID'ing, that would be great! With IL2, the distinct wing shapes of Axis vs Allies at a distance helps, plus I think the distance renders are done better --- that is, the distance silhouettes have more detail --- so that I can generally ID. At least, I seem to find it a lot easier. Not saying one is more realistic than the other, or one is better than the other ...

Edited by Bearfoot

@Solty

I find the reverse. The lower the res, the better the visibility...(and I do have the capability and have run at 4k)

VF-111 Sundowners

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Carrier Group 1 - Battlegroup Delta

Beware the lessons of a fighter pilot who would rather fly a slide rule than kick your ass!

-Commander Ron "Mugs" McKeown, USN

Commander, U.S. Navy Fighter Weapons School

2 Victories, Vietnam

I am another one that finds it OK to spot distant contacts but struggles to ID them closer in or when on dead 6 or dead 12. Yes, I do know all the differences as I have been flying combat flightsims for decades. It was a bit easier in the original IL2 and Cliffs Of Dover but I still often relied on catching a glimpse of yellow nose to be sure I was attacking a 109. In DCS I am just glad that most Allied aircraft have invasion stripes as they usually show even in dead 6. That helps me avoid opening fire on a friendly though I have been shot down by aircraft that I thought were friendly behind me.

==============================================================================================================================

56sqn US@R

They.are.Perfect. I wouldnt Touch Them for no reason.

They may be perfect for Pedro and many others. But for many including myself they are not. I have extreme problems spotting bandits before they are real close. The settings should not be dictated by those lucky folks who happen to have better visibility.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

#Eekz: is there any way you can provide for the F2 outside view when players are on the ground? The pilot ought to be able to visually inspect his/her plane after a rough ride

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Absolutely Zooker, both myself and someone​ I fly with say the same.

When 2.1 came out I was flying with a pathetic Radeon M330, which is basically a budget laptop card, and had to put my resolution down to 1280x768 and all graphics at the lowest settings just to achieve 15-18 fps. I found I could see contacts very easily, even the ones down in the trees stood out like sore thumbs. All were dark black and crisp. The problem came closer in when the full size models had so few pixels that it was impossible to recognise the type until in gun range. A few weeks ago I got a better (but still budget) card and can run everything on medium to high at 1920x1080 and get a steady 50-60fp. The distant contacts are still there but fainter and blurrier and the low down contacts disappear among the clutter but I can recognise closer aircraft a bit better. Despite the dots being blurry grey though instead of crisp black I still think it best left as it is.

Edited by Roblex

56sqn US@R

Eekz: So, I just read that the ROE for the B17s has been updated, and that they can now shoot back! So, can we have some B17s in the mission? Pretty please? With sugar on top? :)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Eekz: So, I just read that the ROE for the B17s has been updated, and that they can now shoot back! So, can we have some B17s in the mission? Pretty please? With sugar on top? :)

Yes. I will add them soon. I'll be away from PC tomorrow and on Friday. But when I'm back I'll be making B-17 scenario to the mission.

Today I plan to add some more thing to the current mission and hope to update it tonight. Then On Saturday and Sunday I'll be implementing B-17s. I want to make it in interesting way and I'll have 2 day to think how to do it better.

So not worries, flaks, AAA, B-17s and event more will be added to the mission during next week or two.

Burning Skies

So not worries, flaks, AAA, B-17s and event more will be added to the mission during next week or two.

Excellent news! It will probably complicate matters with regards to victory conditions, but if players choose to ignore the AI units then it's on them! :thumbup:

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Ok, new mission is up. I didn't make to detailed airfields defenses. I'll be away from home PC for 2 days. Will get back to increase details on weekend. Have fun and post feedback :)

UPD: Yeah, I know that there should be notifications on airfield attack.

Edited by eekz

Burning Skies

re we sure the B17s gunners are fixed? I did not see it in the changelog and today I watched PhilStyle fly a Third Reich Spitfire up behind a formation after the update and they did not shoot back.

56sqn US@R

Attention! Airfield capture temporary doesn't work, I've failed hard and forgot that only ground units can capture. Anyway you can destroy airfield defenses if you want :)

I'll be fixing it on the weekend by making ground unit routes from airfield to airfield.

Would have do it anyway, because capturing the airfield by tapping with airplane is not very smart action, but I hoped it would work as temporary solution.

Burning Skies