DCS: de Havilland DH.98 Mosquito FB Mk VI Discussion - Page 40 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-15-2020, 06:48 PM   #391
Bozon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Dragon View Post
By Yo-Yo, the main problem has been build a real multiengine aircraft and asociate system working together on a WW2 piston aircraft. The damage model has part of core, and meanwhile a merlin engine has building on a Spitfire, the interaction can be diferent on a Mosquito, Lancaster, Beaufighter, Hurricane or other aircraft with that engine.
Merlins on a Beaufighter?! HERESY!

I’ve heard of these mongrels, but real pure blood Beaus pack a pair of Herculeses!

... well, he could have said it!
Bozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 06:51 PM   #392
Rolds

Didn't Nick say he wanted a friend of his who has an example mosquito try the DCS version before it could be released, and that that trial couldn't happen until at least September?
Rolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 08:13 PM   #393
Jester986

I really hope we get a torpedo bomber version as well. Hopefully there's no significant differences so its as simple as strapping the torpedo to the bottom. It would be good stand in for the Pacific map for awhile.
Jester986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 09:10 AM   #394
Al-Azraq

Quote:
Originally Posted by xvii-Dietrich View Post
Thanks for providing something concrete. I went and looked it up. Here is the reference and start time, if anyone wants to listen to it for themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0RELWgTBKw&t=2967 (starting 49:27)

The transcript of the relevant section is:
-- Katia Peredenko, ED CEO

I think it is difficult to interpret what that actually means, but that's the actual quote.
Nick Grey said in a Growling Sidewinder interview (I think it was the P-47 one) that the Mosquito was aimed for the end of the year. They wanted also to test the flight model with someone with experience flying the plane in real life, but then COVID hapened and these plans were delayed to October 2020.

I don't know if this remains true or plans have changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolds View Post
Didn't Nick say he wanted a friend of his who has an example mosquito try the DCS version before it could be released, and that that trial couldn't happen until at least September?
THIS, but I think Nick said October.
i7 7700K @ 4,8 Ghz | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5
Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16 C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen
Caucasus | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria
Al-Azraq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 09:50 PM   #395
Lektor

So is it going to be fighter-bomber version? Why not Bomber? DCS has enough pew-pew gameplay, we need multicrew bomber with bombsight, I guess...
Personally I will be disappointed if there will no bomber version in future.
Lektor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 10:03 PM   #396
Silver_Dragon
DCS Ground Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lektor View Post
So is it going to be fighter-bomber version? Why not Bomber? DCS has enough pew-pew gameplay, we need multicrew bomber with bombsight, I guess...
Personally I will be disappointed if there will no bomber version in future.
Build a bomber version need build bomber cockpit, acurated bombsight, bomber controls, associated system and warload. Meanwhile, build a FB version has more easy with a bomber. Not bad if ED can make a multicrew bomber on a future.

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893
DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...91#post4076891
21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/
Silver_Dragon Youtube
Silver_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 10:12 PM   #397
PhoenixRising

The release of the Mosquito is going to be what gets me to try WWII in DCS. For some reason, the Mosquito has always fascinated me, ever since I heard about it when I was a kid. I have always wanted to fly one.
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote