Patch 1.0.1

to the people who is asking and askn.....did anyone see that?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=705223&postcount=2

GOW 1.1

Skuda

Thanks for this much needed.

But what does the bellow mean.

- AD systems at route points have even lower random variable settings

Edited by connos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit that sometimes it feels like a game just ain't complete unless it has a patch, regardless of wether or not it needs one! Madness! :lol:

LOL How true! 99% of the time I don't even read why I'm installing a patch. But if it says patch then I am there. For the A10 module, I highly recommend for ED to include a patch with the release. lol

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

This is roughly how it went:

FORUM: When's the patch coming?

ED: We really don't want to set a date. You know, things happen. We don't want to disappoint you with promises until we are dead certain.

FORUM: Aaaawh... But come on! Just estimate! Pleeeeeease?

ED: Well... bah, allright. Roughly in a month or two, if everything works out allright.

... [Month or two passes] ...

FORUM: ED! Where the **** is the patch?

ED: Unfortunately, it was delayed because of X.

FORUM: You bloody amateurs! You promised you'd release it this month and you failed!

ED: Fortunately we have a PR department, who have barred me from accessing the internet while there is a risk of me commenting on that.

I suspect everyone can see the stupidity in how that went down...

Oh, and last line in the "exchange" has a bit of poetic license to it, but I'll let you know that if I was working for ED that's what the PR department would have to do to keep me from making a fool of myself. :P

:megalol:

Prefectly summed up! :thumbsup:

You can see that in absolute perfection on the 1Cs IL2-forums going on for years, now. Oleg's new game engine, Storm Of War, was completely redone, but people are still insisting on the release-estimate that was given for the old engine, that was merely an update to IL2...:doh:

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Thanks for this much needed.

But what does the bellow mean.

- AD systems at route points have even lower random variable settings

I think it means that randomly spawning (at map run) Air Defence units are seeded lower....so statistically lowering the amount and probability of air defence in a given mission.

Would it be possible to have a Sticky with just the info about the patch from the DEVELOPERS on it and not the insistent waffle in between every post from people who obviously have nothing better to do.

I have noted the patch changes but still fail to see anything addressing the RADAR guided SAM issues we face. Locking you up through back ground clutter, shooting through objects and just plain unrealistic reaction times and detection parameters. If we want to talk realistic then this needs serious attention. It was porked in Lockon and is still porked in BS. If it cant be fixed then for heavens sake please give us some kind of RWR unit we can select to bring up on screen (e.g. The Trim Monitor Ctrl-Enter gizmo) to show what direction the lock is coming from as well as implementing the chaff dispenser so at least we have a chance to spoof them.

Another issue is the choice of triggers to implement into the patch. Seriously guys think a bit harder about this one. Take some notes from a game like Operation Flashpoint.

- TEXT TO COALITION

- TEXT TO COUNTRY

- SOUND TO COALITION

- SOUND TO COUNTRY

- DEACTIVATE GROUP (this action will remove the group from the game world permanently. It will not be possible to re-active the group).

- END MISSION (force mission end when the trigger rules are true)

- SET FAILURE (set helicopter system failure with time and probability)

- SET EXPLOSION (use a trigger zone to set the location of the explosion and set the altitude and power of the explosion in the trigger action settings)

- EXPLODE UNIT (select unit to explode and power of explosion)

- SMOKE MARKER (use a trigger zone to set the location of the marker and set the altitude of initiation in the trigger action settings)

- ILLUMINATION FLARE (use a trigger zone to set the location of the flare and set the altitude of initiation in the trigger action settings. Note, the flare burns for 120 seconds, falling approximately 1000 meters in that time.)

- SIGNAL FLARE (use a trigger zone to set the location of the flare and set the altitude of initiation and flare color in the trigger action settings)

The only ones worth it above are

DEACTIVATE GROUP

FLARE and SMOKE Markers.

Are these new triggers or just ones that got left out from the first release???????????

As a serious mission builder it takes me 10 times longer to build a decent mission through the limited at best triggers we have to choose from because of all the work a rounds we have to do to get things to go in any sort of sequence. Here is one that would save me hours. I have a list as long as my arm if you want more.

RED or BLUE coalition in ZONE (Will active Groups/Messages or Actions) Depending on the coalition the Trigger Zone is set to when any of those coalition units enters that zone it activates the trigger.

Last but not least PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE put the bloody satellite map back so we can verify the placement of units on the map. If this is not possible then come up with some kind of mission viewer so we don’t have to go into a mission 300 times during the build.

- TEXT TO COALITION

- TEXT TO COUNTRY

- SOUND TO COALITION

- SOUND TO COUNTRY

- DEACTIVATE GROUP (this action will remove the group from the game world permanently. It will not be possible to re-active the group).

- END MISSION (force mission end when the trigger rules are true)

- SET FAILURE (set helicopter system failure with time and probability)

- SET EXPLOSION (use a trigger zone to set the location of the explosion and set the altitude and power of the explosion in the trigger action settings)

- EXPLODE UNIT (select unit to explode and power of explosion)

- SMOKE MARKER (use a trigger zone to set the location of the marker and set the altitude of initiation in the trigger action settings)

- ILLUMINATION FLARE (use a trigger zone to set the location of the flare and set the altitude of initiation in the trigger action settings. Note, the flare burns for 120 seconds, falling approximately 1000 meters in that time.)

- SIGNAL FLARE (use a trigger zone to set the location of the flare and set the altitude of initiation and flare color in the trigger action settings)

Very good idea! :thumbup:

We are not telling you that the software works perectly for you. We are telling you that, based on user feedback, the software works reliably for the majority of users. The fact that software of this complexity will not be 100% reliable for 100% of the users is normal. Given that technical problems are inevitable, we have a Problems and Bugs forum, where you can try and seek out a solution, even though a solution is not guaranteed.

P.S. When you feel frustrated, it's probably not a good time to post. Usually, it results in nasty posts followed by moderator warnings.

LOL, ain't that the truth....

Just so everyone knows, as a ameteur programmer, I can attest to this, bugfixes aren't that quick in small programs, and when the program gets to something as complex as DCS, it's gonna take a while to do it right... If you guys don't want to wait, well you can always go play Ace Combat or HAWX, as you're probably more suited to a game like that anyway....

Edited by th3flyboy

Current Sims:

DCS Black Shark, Falcon 4.0, X-Plane 9, Steel Beasts Pro PE, IL-2 1946, ArmA 2, FSX, Rise of Flight, EECH, Harpoon 3 ANW, CSP

LOL, ain't that the truth....

Just so everyone knows, as a ameteur programmer, I can attest to this, bugfixes aren't that quick in small programs, and when the program gets to something as complex as DCS, it's gonna take a while to do it right... If you guys don't want to wait, well you can always go play Ace Combat or HAWX, as you're probably more suited to a game like that anyway....

Very true indeed apart the from the comment about HAWX which I wont even bother commenting on. However what is frustrating is having to spend hours looking for a possible bug fix or a comment from the Developers addressing the bug or future game enhancement suggestion or giving some kind of hint if it will ever be addressed. Hence my earlier suggestion of a sticky post where peoples comments or complaints what ever they may be can be selected if worth while and listed and have a small comment (From the DCS TEAM ONLY) on if they are being addressed or not. For every post that comes from someone in the know there are 50 posts from people who think they know.

Yes the SIM is very complex and will never be 100% and what has been accomplished so far is out standing and I for one dont take it for granted but what would be nice is a post thats only got useful information in as we dont all have 23 hours a day to browse the DCS forum.

Last but not least PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE put the bloody satellite map back so we can verify the placement of units on the map. If this is not possible then come up with some kind of mission viewer so we don’t have to go into a mission 300 times during the build.

Amen to that.:pain:

No doubt. It is extremely frustrating trying to place units in orderly fashion around the parking area. Objects on top of objects...the list goes on. I just do not understand why this was not dealt with long ago. I'm not demanding anything just frustrating. I'd like to spend more time using ME but it is annoying.

AND, can we have AI aircraft fly at the exact height and path I specified in the ME? It is for cinematic purposes but I have been wanting to be able to do this since original Flanker.

Edited by leafer

The frustration is felt by all with the ME. ALthough its one of the best flight SIM ME ever made with great flexability there are several small things that could make it outstanding and second to non.

Lets be honest the ME and the mission builders out there keep the online community rotoring around online each night flying something new and exciting.

TRACK PLAYBACK PRIOR TO MISSION START

It's now possible to create missions with a pre-recorded introduction track.

As a result you will have a MIZ file that includes a track file inside. When the mission is launched, the track will be played back, after which the player will be handed control automatically.

I have an implementation question...

From what I've read the sequence will be:

1)mission loads

2)track plays

3)player takes control

My question is - How will the player know when the track is ended and that he/she is now in control? Does text pop up on screen that says "Go!" or some such, or is it a visual thing? This might sound like a stupid question at first, but what if the track takes place entirely in the cockpit? If the end of the track has the pilot looking forward in a neutral position, how is the player alerted that he now has control? Does the game pause? Is it seemless? Could we get a short vid of how you've implemented it? Just wondering...

BTW, no biggies on the patch not coming till august. I'm expecting my first child to be born in a few weeks and I doubt I'll have much time for this game for the next few months...

• Like 1

I have an implementation question...

From what I've read the sequence will be:

1)mission loads

2)track plays

3)player takes control

My question is - How will the player know when the track is ended and that he/she is now in control? Does text pop up on screen that says "Go!" or some such, or is it a visual thing? This might sound like a stupid question at first, but what if the track takes place entirely in the cockpit? If the end of the track has the pilot looking forward in a neutral position, how is the player alerted that he now has control? Does the game pause? Is it seemless? Could we get a short vid of how you've implemented it? Just wondering...

BTW, no biggies on the patch not coming till august. I'm expecting my first child to be born in a few weeks and I doubt I'll have much time for this game for the next few months...

Maybe something like this: <<Now you can take advantage of your "coolie" hat switch... You have control...>>

Perhaps you remember the game this phrases are taken from.... :joystick:

Vista, Suerte y al Toro!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Congrates on the new kid. Just make sure you keep the wife breast feeding for at least 5 years and then you will have plenty of time for BS:D

Classic! :lol: Mine went to bottles after 5 weeks! Doh! :doh:

+1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Great minds think alike; idiots seldom differ.":pilotfly:

i5 3750K@4.3Ghz, MSI Z77A GD55, 8GB DDR3, Palit GTX 670, 24" Benq@1920*1080, X52 Pro, Win 7 64bit.

I stopped simming, stopped logging on to the net - basically, I stopped having a life for about two years after my Heina was born. Plus I was dead broke then and of course, having a wife around would have really helped me out, but I'd still say it won't be a few months before you start simming again. :D

Congrats on the newborn. :)

<random thought>

Heh, just quoting myself from post #1:

Given that the team is currently heavily occupied with finalizing the international release, it's difficult to estimate the release time of the patch. We'll go out on a limb and say May, but no promises!

Teaches me - once again - to never ever mention even approximate estimates, or else...

• Like 1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

But but but I see a progress with how ppl react on this delay. It's better and better.

It mainly the old timers that are familiar with the phenomenon of EDT "Eagle Dynamics Time" EDT has been in effect for every patch, addon and sim release. Calculating EDT is one of the more arcane branches of Quantum Physics that only a select few are schooled in these days, due to the complexity of the equations and unpredictability of the results.

For us mere mortals, that are familiar with the EDT phenomenon, we simply resign ourselves to the mantra of "When it's done" and with the words of the prophet Carl saying "No promises" ringing in our ears, we wait.

Nate

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping that my evo force will be made a bit more forceful, to hold it's trim properly (i'm too chicken to take off the spring) as i got it based on it being pictured in the manual. I'm not optimistic though as there's been no mention of it so far.