Su-25T loadout bugg with KMGU/Vikhr loadout?

Kuky

I created 1 custom loadout for the Su-25T in which I selected 6x KMGU cannisters and set of Vikhrs... once I got airborne and selected A2G mode and wanted to toggle weapons and chose Vikhrs, I simply couldn't sellect them. They were visible on my wings and weapons were showing on pylon on the HUD and yet I could not sellect them. I could select Vikhrs only after I jetisoned/released set of cluster ammunition... but not with full load... is this a bug?

No longer active in DCS...

At me is all ok, I hadn't any problems to choose and shoot. It is probably something wrong with your FC, example sometimes example in my game accicentially don't work all F1-F12 keys, and must reset game to get F working properly. Lock on has many "strange" things, we can say it bugs :)

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I created 1 custom loadout for the Su-25T in which I selected 6x KMGU cannisters and set of Vikhrs... once I got airborne and selected A2G mode and wanted to toggle weapons and chose Vikhrs, I simply couldn't sellect them. They were visible on my wings and weapons were showing on pylon on the HUD and yet I could not sellect them. I could select Vikhrs only after I jetisoned/released set of cluster ammunition... but not with full load... is this a bug?

Seems strange. Have you installed the correct patch for your version of FC? I remember having similar problems selecting weapons in previous versions of LOMAC...for example, if I had 3 or more different weapon systems installed on my plane I could only select 2.

Also, do you turn on the tv monitor before selecting Vikhr missiles? I am not sure if this is a prerequisite as I always turn on the monitor before choosing weapons out of habit.

Yeah I have the right patch.... and I tried turning the TV on first then selecting, it still wouldn't work. This was a first instance ever that I had something like this hapen and I've been playing LockOn on regular basis for about 2 years now....

Sometimes FC brokes up, programmers fault :P

@Solaris, I don't know if turning on old Rubin TV monitor in 25T before or after choosing weapon we wanna shoot have meaning :P

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Sorry, I meant the Shikval targeting system...not tv monitor:doh:! Turn it on with O. Ctr-O is for LLTV and shift-O for laser rangefinder. These are the default keys so if you remapped any they would be different.

I don't think its a bug because if it was everyone else would have the same problem. To be honest its hard to speculate what the problem may be but I would bet something is incompatible with something else. Either a partially faulty/corrupted installation where some aspects of the game are not working properly or you installed an add-on module which is not ultra "user friendly"...FYI I generally avoid installing mods for this reason!

I just created a similar load (KMGU AO-2.5RT*6 Vikhr*2) and was able to select and fire Vikhrs without a problem. Why don't you send me the mission? I'll give it a try on my installation. [richards7(at)earthlink(dot)net]

Rich

• Like 1

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Thanks for checking this out Ironhand... I tested this again offline and found that this assymetric loadout will give me this "bug"

Pylon2 - KMGU (AO)

Pylon3 - KMGU (AO)

Pylon4 - Vikhrs

Pylon5 - KMGU (AO)

Pylon7 - KMGU (PTAB)

Pylon8 - Vikhrs

Pylon9 - KMGU (PTAB)

Pylon10 - KMGU (PTAB)

If I sellect KMGU cannisters of the same type on all pylons (and Vikhrs) things work fine.

This loadout works fine too:

=====================

Pylon2 - KMGU (PTAB)

Pylon3 - KMGU (AO)

Pylon4 - Vikhrs

Pylon5 - KMGU (PTAB)

Pylon7 - KMGU (PTAB)

Pylon8 - Vikhrs

Pylon9 - KMGU (AO)

Pylon10 - KMGU (PTAB)

I think if two oposite pylons are asymetric then I can't select Vikhrs... I'll go test again more...

EDIT: yeah I think having asymetric KMGU cannisters give this "bug"... I just tried this lodout and again I couldn't sellect Vikhrs:

Pylon2 - KMGU (AO)

Pylon3 - KMGU (PTAB)

Pylon4 - Vikhrs

Pylon5 - KMGU (PTAB)

Pylon7 - KMGU (PTAB)

Pylon8 - Vikhrs

Pylon9 - KMGU (PTAB)

Pylon10 - KMGU (PTAB)

This loadout works fine too:

=====================

Pylon2 - KMGU (AO)

Pylon3 - KMGU (PTAB)

Pylon4 - Vikhrs

Pylon5 - KMGU (PTAB)

Pylon7 - KMGU (PTAB)

Pylon8 - Vikhrs

Pylon9 - KMGU (PTAB)

Pylon10 - KMGU (PTAB)

In my tests it orks fine I can select Vihrs and fire.

ಠ_ಠ

So Boberro, if you have asymetric (different type: AO/PTAB) of oposite pylons (ie Pylon 2/10, 3/9 and 5/7) it will let you select Vikhrs? Hmm... strange that it won't work on my end... only if I sellect same KMGU type it works...

• Like 1

:S I also can't select Vihr when set in opposite postions KMGU. I CAN select Vihrs only if I have loadout setted like in my post #12. Hmm so Kuky it must be bug I think. If I gave a hope sorry :E

ಠ_ಠ

Hmm. This is somewhat irrellevent but since the AO canister holds mines and the PTAB bomblets that means that they probably don't weigh the same in relation to each other and cause someone to fly unbalanced when used interchangeably. Is this true in FC?

Also, does flying unbalanced have any effect on the weapons control system?