The Harrier official campaign thread

baltic_dragon

The Harrier official campaign thread  

686 members have voted

1. 1. The Harrier official campaign thread

• Both training and campaign in Caucasus
    • Training in Nevada and campaign in Caucasus
    • Both training and campaign in Nevada (so another Red Flag)

After the M-2000C arrived in DCS it took many months to develop and release a campaign for the Mirage.

I don't know how long it will take to build the campaign. It might take many months as well so that they can start off with an older carrier model which will then be replaced with the new one that fits to the Harrier. Only if that is possible for baltic_dragon.

Spot on. It take months, so even the training will probably arrive some months after beta is more or less stable (I also need to master the bird and only then work on the missions). Campaign will be even later, as it will involve even more work than the training (being longer, more packed with events and other flights).

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Training in NTTR amd campaign in Caucasus would be awesome

| A-10C | MiG-21bis | Hawk T1.A | L-39 Albatros | F-5E | Ka-50 | Mi-8 | NTTR | CA | SU27 | M2000C | F-86F | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Mig 15 | Mig 19|

Specs

Intel i7-9700k

msi GTX 2060 Gaming Z

msi Z390 Gaming PLUS

16gb RAM

Hotas Warthog

More work I know, but training in both Caucasus and NTTR and campaign in Caucasus would be would be even more awesome :).

Since pretty much nobody would buy two training campaigns, that would almost double the work with about the same revenue as they would get from just one training campaign. From a ROI standpoint it would make absolutely no sense.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Since pretty much nobody would buy two training campaigns, that would almost double the work with about the same revenue as they would get from just one training campaign. From a ROI standpoint it would make absolutely no sense.

I didn't see anything in the OP about these being DLC, thus I was under the impression these were to be included in the AV8B release (like was done with the Mirage), so I don't get your ROI point, but whatever - maybe the NTTR training could be DLC... I don't have NTTR so yeah, I'd prefer both the training and campaign in Caucasus. But I was trying to support those that do have NTTR. :)

Basic intro training on Caucauses.

In Depth training qualifications on NTTR.

Full campaign in Caucuses with mini mission on Normandy to hint the hop over the Atlantic and a2a refueling with four external bags and civilian traffic

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Basic intro training on Caucauses.

In Depth training qualifications on NTTR.

Full campaign in Caucuses with mini mission on Normandy to hint the hop over the Atlantic and a2a refueling with four external bags and civilian traffic

This!

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

It would make a lot more real-world sense to have the training in NTTR, but as many people still don't have it, and training is for newer players who may only have one module, training should be in the Caucasus. Campaign, same thing...just so everyone can play.

What may be cool, though...if you're down for it...maybe a more advanced training in the NTTR. More in-depth training and techniques that make the player more of an expert.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Zilch79's YouTube Channel:

So you want a bunch of civilian aircraft included with the module since they don't exist in the sim? That is going to make this one very expensive module.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

What makes most sense from the immersion point of view? Naturally training in Nevada. However, it's understandable that not everyone has it. But it's a good excuse to get it then :) As for campaign - red flags are fun, but you get tired of them quite soon. So campaign in Caucasus. Or maybe in Normandy..? ;)

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

In order for the "included" missions to be useful for all customers of the module they must be on a free map, which at the moment means the Black Sea.

I have often wondered how hard it would be to make an all ocean map.

Since they have looked at the idea of making a ship for it to land on, maybe they could throw it on a water map and be the 1st team to include everything, a module with missions on it's own map.:D

After it's out it will show up in campaigns whether from them or not, whether they are payware or not.

So you want a bunch of civilian aircraft included with the module since they don't exist in the sim? That is going to make this one very expensive module.

What's wrong with re skinned yak40 kc135 and il76/78?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Some where at sea level that's not quite so hot and high as Nevada, so we can practice VTOL in an easier environment....:)

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Baltic, regardless of how this poll ends may I suggest that anything that comes included with the module whether training missions or a possible campaign should be set on the caucassus map.

You don't want to deal with angry customers demanding an explanation as to why they can't fly the missions for a module they paid good money for.

Believe me, I work in the retail industry, even if you stick a huge red banner "TRAINING MISSIONS REQUIRE NEVADA" in the biggest font available there will still be people who will buy the module and will have no clue. :music_whistling:

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Believe me, I work in the retail industry, even if you stick a huge red banner "TRAINING MISSIONS REQUIRE NEVADA" in the biggest font available there will still be people who will buy the module and will have no clue. :music_whistling:

True. However, at some point you have to just look at people that can't read and shake your head.

By your logic, every module that is produce from now until the end of time should only contain missions on the Caucasus map (including WWII aircraft). That makes little to no sense.

By your logic, every module that is produce from now until the end of time should only contain missions on the Caucasus map (including WWII aircraft). That makes little to no sense.

I disagree. When you buy a module, you should be buying the whole package and able to use all of the content without any other module. The training mission MUST BE on the Georgia map, otherwise you're screwing over anyone who hasn't bought NTTR. If you want to make a more extensive Red Flag style training campaign for NTTR, then that should not be the training missions bundled with the package.

Furthermore, the campaign also should be on the Georgia map again because you shouldn't have to own another module to get the full experience out of this one. Extra campaigns on top of that are fine on other maps, but the base module should have both a training campaign and regular campaign on the free map.

True. However, at some point you have to just look at people that can't read and shake your head.

Reread my post, I said INCLUDED with the module. If they decide to do a DLC and place it in Nevada or wherever, that's a different story.

Buying a plane for $60 that works out of the box is a lot more attractive than buying a plane for $60 that requres a $40 map? It all translates into sales eventually which are the whole point unless Im missing something?

This is partly why all the hubbub with charging for an AI pack the other day was raised. For one thing, third parties at least will probably stick to making modules that just work. (or they will build their own theaters, AI packs etc. and include them with their modules) It makes the most financial sense.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Reread my post, I said INCLUDED with the module. If they decide to do a DLC and place it in Nevada or wherever, that's a different story.

Reread mine. I said contain. DLCs are different.

If someone can't afford the hobby then they should find another one.

• Like 1