Leatherneck Simulations Mini-Update - SEPTEMBER 2015

Cobra847

NICE...I AM READY FOR IT!!:thumbup::pilotfly:

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Looking forward to the upcoming modules announcements!!! :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-- i7 4790K

-- Club 3D R9 290X Royal Ace SOC

-- Asus Maximus VII Ranger

-- G.Skill Trident X 16GB DDR3-2400 CL10

-- Gelid Tranquillo rev.2

-- Corsair RM850

-- Corsair 760T White

-- Windows 10

Thats a good update, thx. Still, we need those two planes :D

Yeah my hand is growing tired of pressing the Mig28 key over and over again...;)

• Like 2

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

[/indent] The point that is most interesting for me is the

"New or unique methods of propulsion or force distribution"

Its not completly Obvious.

It could be the Reverse Thrust Feature for the Saab 37 Viggen.

Since thats pretty well describes reverse thrust as it distributes the thrust of the engine in order to break and reverse / manuver on the ground.

and reverse thrust is also something no aircraft (playable aircraft) has in the game atm so its not been modeld in dcs before.

Another obvious popetial aircraft could be a harrier due to the unique methods of propulsion/force distribution.

But my guess would be the Saab 37.

Together with the Air-Ground Radar and CRT Screens aswell as "unique" aerodynamic configuration.

Actually all of this could describe a P-3 Orion as well...

Imagine the excitement of searching for subs on the waterfall display while turning circles in the middle of the Pacific.

Toten

Tiger-Spit-Viggen-Fishbed-Sabre-Dora-Kurfurst-Mustang-Huey-Warthog-Hip-Black Shark Driver (Not necessarily in that order)

MSI 970A-G40 MoBo, AMD FX-8350 8 Core, Patriot Viper 24 GB DDR3, Nvidia Ge Force 1060 3 GB GPU

How would the P-3 have "New or unique methods of propulsion or force distribution" in the DCS context?

Turboprop with constant speed prop and reverse. :music_whistling:

Toten

Tiger-Spit-Viggen-Fishbed-Sabre-Dora-Kurfurst-Mustang-Huey-Warthog-Hip-Black Shark Driver (Not necessarily in that order)

MSI 970A-G40 MoBo, AMD FX-8350 8 Core, Patriot Viper 24 GB DDR3, Nvidia Ge Force 1060 3 GB GPU

I, no, We stand behind you guys! Good luck!

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

"Current Art team focus on the front of Theatre development is the creation of everything from terrain textures (many based on Photogrammetry), environmental models, props & buildings, airfield objects, and 'unique' terrain features (Some terrain features require extra detail, an unrelated example would be Mt. Rushmore). "

wow!

Photogrammetry will be used in a sim for the first time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photogrammetry

${1}

"the vanishing of ethan carter" is the first game which uses photogrammetry

thank you leatherneck!

Complex missiles with Advanced Targeting Parameters

would this not point towards a very modern combat aircraft, possibly with the inclusion of a missile such as the Aim-9X, and helmet mounted targeting equipment?

But having said this I would previously have thought this not to be the time period of aircraft LN would approach. Our speculating will be long and complex.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV