"Buddy Spike" - DCS World Online Events

gregzagk

you sir need to pull your head out your butt.

WHAT are the differences between the 2, Would this break the game? Everyone knows an ER is defeated by about 6 chaff and a turn when it's not lagging. the Russian 77 vs the B, still the B is a better missile.

you sir didnt see that i was being sarcastic . i dont want any thing to be left out im against it . what ever is there should be there thats why its called a simulation.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, it shouldn't be like that.

Will check. Maybe you didn't type BLUE when you entered the server? If not you will have to do it in order to get "register" in one of the two sides.

Greg

Cheers Greg. Typed Blue and could get in other airframes I checked, just not the Hawk.

Morning Greg, did you get chance to check this out?

I tried again last night with no joy and it is only the Hawk that I can't fly.

I checked one of each different airframe and a couple of airframes from the different available airfields, all with no problem

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.

Plato

I checked one of each different airframe and a couple of airframes from the different available airfields, all with no problem

Hey, I checked it out and thought it was ok.

Did a small change now that will take affect in one hour. I hope this is solved.

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Did a small change now that will take affect in one hour. I hope this is solved.

Greg

Cheers Greg, will check later when I'm home

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.

Plato

We could sit and argue all day about what is fair, how about R-3R overperfroming or Mirage overperforming the list is long.

Personally whatever is put up i'll fly all and anything without a care if i'm outmatched or overpowering, it is all fun so bring it on.

This!

JD

AKA_MattE

I'm okay with the 120's, but let's go total East vs West here. Remove all coalition assets not belonging to the appropriate side (who cares Bluefor doesn't have SEAD or an attack chopper), and don't gimp Redfor on weapon loadouts. I'm looking at you 58U, and tactical nuke.

Bluefor is using Redfor assets to level the playing field, except some Bluefor don't really want the playing field leveled (read they want complete advantage).

Edit: To be clear in case my sarcasm isn't picked up on. I really want a balanced Blue Flag experience within the simulations limitations. To achieve a balance sometimes certain weapons may need to be removed or one coalitions weapons added to the other. I made the post above to highest the BS posts about the 120 being totally fair because it's simulated.

Edited by BodyOrgan

All this talk of missiles and weapon/aircraft restriction is fun (and I dont really mind if its SARH only or 120/ER,ET etc) but there is a much bigger problem we have:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2759656&postcount=63

Some pilots will have a huge advantage. Others not. And theres no way to enforce it and theres no way to tell who's using it.

IF the buddyspike team have any leverage with ED (and they should considering what they've doen for the community) they should ask them to make this enforceable by the new IC. If not I see real trouble for the future of MP competition/events. If the server has no option to enforce a standardised playing field then there is no point playing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

All this talk of missiles and weapon/aircraft restriction is fun (and I dont really mind if its SARH only or 120/ER,ET etc) but there is a much bigger problem we have:

Some pilots will have a huge advantage. Others not. And theres no way to enforce it and theres no way to tell who's using it.

IF the buddyspike team have any leverage with ED (and they should considering what they've doen for the community) they should ask them to make this enforceable by the new IC. If not I see real trouble for the future of MP competition/events. If the server has no option to enforce a standardised playing field then there is no point playing.

Rage. i'm not sure but they BLOCK tacview because you can watch real time in the 104th.....so they should be able to block this also i would imagine it's just getting them to do it. This mod gives RUSSIAN FC3 aircraft a US style RWR, yes i have downloaded it and used it to see what it was like, and i think it's just a bandaid for bad players, and an unfair advantage to a group who uses it. GG was responding to me, i'm starting to get a bad taste in my mouth.

Edited by OldE24

8700k@4.7 32GB ram, 1080TI hybrid SC2

I doubt IC can prevent this. If this operates how I think it does, then it's simply reading the export data of one user, and piping that data over to another user outside of the game.

The only immediate solution I can think to prevent it is to have an option on the server that when set to true would prevent clients from allowing export via LUA. This should shutdown the data feed this application receives. The downside to this approach would be the destruction of home pits. Without the export of data the Cougar MFD's, Helios setups, etc.. etc... would be DOA.

I think the option should be there at least, and it's up to the server admin to enable it, and the loss of home pits will be the price we multiplayer simmers have to pay in order to keep things as fair as possible.

Greg

Works now, thanks :thumbup:

Plato

5 EVC Rifle

A-10,F-15,UH-1 in that order please.

Blue or red doesnt matter

My CAS (Close air support) JTAC Channel:  RIFLE - YouTube  

RIFLE's Discord:  https://discord.gg/cmDCrr4Z2g  

Publications

JTAC Bible (see/know chapter #5) https://fas.org/irp/doddir/dod/jp3_09_3.pdf

J-FIRE pocket guide (Don't do battle without it!)  BK2 (fas.org)

thanks for the heads up!

Blue for it is?

How fast does this ussually get added and I can get in there. I understand this is the last day.

My CAS (Close air support) JTAC Channel:  RIFLE - YouTube  

RIFLE's Discord:  https://discord.gg/cmDCrr4Z2g  

Publications

JTAC Bible (see/know chapter #5) https://fas.org/irp/doddir/dod/jp3_09_3.pdf

J-FIRE pocket guide (Don't do battle without it!)  BK2 (fas.org)

thanks for the heads up!

Blue for it is?

How fast does this ussually get added and I can get in there. I understand this is the last day.

It hasn't started yet. Only the testing phase for Round 6 has begun. The actual event is almost here though. You can immediately play by signing into the server, and typing BLUE to be on the blue side, or RED to be on the red side. Just remember that whichever team you choose you'll be with the entire event unless you have an admin change your sides.

Registering on the Buddy Spike server simply gives you access to your teams private forums.

Rage. i'm not sure but they BLOCK tacview because you can watch real time in the 104th.....so they should be able to block this also i would imagine it's just getting them to do it. This mod gives RUSSIAN FC3 aircraft a US style RWR, yes i have downloaded it and used it to see what it was like, and i think it's just a bandaid for bad players, and an unfair advantage to a group who uses it. GG was responding to me, i'm starting to get a bad taste in my mouth.

I doubt IC can prevent this. If this operates how I think it does, then it's simply reading the export data of one user, and piping that data over to another user outside of the game.

Bodyorgan is correct. The current IC will not work for this. I have spoken to someone at the 104th and much as they would like to ban it they cannot at the moment. ED need to have an active role here. Server admins should be able to enforce things like this.

I know nothing about coding but im also told by a fellow 51st member that we can probably get an F15 style TEWS to work for the Flanker. When individuals get to 'customise' their aircrafts systems its soon gonna be a circus.

The only immediate solution I can think to prevent it is to have an option on the server that when set to true would prevent clients from allowing export via LUA. This should shutdown the data feed this application receives. The downside to this approach would be the destruction of home pits. Without the export of data the Cougar MFD's, Helios setups, etc.. etc... would be DOA.

I think the option should be there at least, and it's up to the server admin to enable it, and the loss of home pits will be the price we multiplayer simmers have to pay in order to keep things as fair as possible.

If so its a necessary evil in my opinion.

Edited by ///Rage

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Don't want to start this whole thing again, but can't we have model enlargement on small?

Seems to me to be the most objectively realistic setting for visually spotting aircraft

Please no, I can hide from sensors, but the mark I eyeball sees Zeppelin's quite easily. My chopper should look like an ant at all times.

+1

When individuals get to 'customise' their aircrafts systems its soon gonna be a circus.

- I can understand the urge or need to try and make the FC3 more appealing to new users that need this help to perform good(But they only cheat themselves in the long run)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why are all the Strelas not playable (1p) and why are there no Tunguska, Tor and Osa yet? (Test results?)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

and the loss of home pits will be the price we multiplayer simmers have to pay in order to keep things as fair as possible.

I'm badly laughing from it.

Fair ? How is it fair for the home cockpit owner ?

Life is unfair. Let's start forbidding joystick, because joystick owner have an advantage over keyboard user.

This is just bullshit at a very nice level.

In the meantime, you guys don't even complain about "enlargement," which any people can cheat in 10 seconds with notepad.

They are two export - local and global. local is just about the user plane, server is about everyone.

While server has control over its global export, it has no control over local export.

Here is the trick - the software takes local information, but share it with others. So if you detect one plane (local export), everyone that uses the software will detect it. (data fed thru a parallel network)