DCS Update - 1.2.10.32095.521 Fails.

Mrmaverick

As far as all my modules go, I am only left with the option to re-purchase them as they do not show up in my Module Manager (not even as an option to purchase ....

Are you not able to download the installer(s) from the e-Shop, and then run those as a way to reinstall the modules? That typically is how I've installed my modules.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team
As described in the last few posts at THIS THREAD, I lost ALL my Modules with the recent update and have not found a solution.

I did uninstall the Su25 Training Missions ... all that left me with is More that I need to re-download.

As far as all my modules go, I am only left with the option to re-purchase them as they do not show up in my Module Manager (not even as an option to purchase .... can only do that from Main Screen in DCSW).

It's very disconcerting !

you've provided no logs so far, so we can only guess what's up with your install.

and, btw, why you feel the need to repurchase the modules? there are installers on the dcs site.

full reinstall is not that dramatic, apart from DL size - so it's a valid option.

depending on the state of your install, and on the root of the problem, it may be possible to restore your dcs. but i suggest you to seriously consider a reinstall - it is much simpler and more robust.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

I have the same problem as OP and SnowTiger leaving me with scratch :O(((

Bought everything with the last sale, also a presale of Mig21, so this weekend installed the lot and made it functional only to face next this updater problem, can't say I am amused ...

One thing on my mind thou, is this reinstall counting off an activation instance or do we not have to bother with those any longer?

Edited by -West-

One thing on my mind thou, is this reinstall counting off an activation instance or do we not have to bother with those any longer?

No. Will only need to reactivate if there is a significant hardware change to your PC or after you have fiddled with the PC Registry. Do neither and you'll be fine after reinstall.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

The pinned and locked post regarding the installation bug is not clear. In the first line it says to hold off on doing the installation. In the second line it says that the udpater is fixed:

"If you have SU-25T training installed, please hold off with the update until the hotfix for DCS_updater is pushed to the release.

The fix is out in DCS_Updater 2.4.3.62"

Has the installation issue been resolved now?

Thanks,

Paul

• ED Team
The pinned and locked post regarding the installation bug is not clear. In the first line it says to hold off on doing the installation. In the second line it says that the udpater is fixed:

"If you have SU-25T training installed, please hold off with the update until the hotfix for DCS_updater is pushed to the release.

The fix is out in DCS_Updater 2.4.3.62"

Has the installation issue been resolved now?

Thanks,

Paul

Yes the issue is solved.

The post is fixed. Thank you for the report.

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

I updated last night, and it removed all of my modules. It was tedious, but I was able to reinstall them all through the Manager.

Someday we'll look back on all this and plow into a parked car.

i7-930 @ 3.8ghz, 6GB Corsair Dominator 1600, EVGA GTX470, OCZ 60GB SSD, TrackIR 5 Pro, Win7 64

And a 46" LCD at 1920x1080 to enjoy the goodness :joystick: :pilotfly:

I'm glad that the fix in DCS_Updater 2.4.3.62 is out.

I assumed that when starting DCS World this updater would start working and fix DCS World. However, when I start DCS World, it does so without updating. My DCS World is still corrupt, e.g., there are four _backup files (all concerning the Su-25T) and in Mods my module of the Fw-190D is still missing.

What do I have to do to make the updater work and fix DCS World?

Or is the only solution to reinstall DCS World and all the modules?

• ED Team
I'm glad that the fix in DCS_Updater 2.4.3.62 is out.

I assumed that when starting DCS World this updater would start working and fix DCS World. However, when I start DCS World, it does so without updating. My DCS World is still corrupt, e.g., there are four _backup files (all concerning the Su-25T) and in Mods my module of the Fw-190D is still missing.

What do I have to do to make the updater work and fix DCS World?

Try running repair or forcing it to check for an update.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Missing Modules Cont'd

Thank you to all that have posted suggestions for me.

I have been contact with DCS via Support Ticket and am still trying to resolve this issue.

I am currently corresponding with a Tech Agent.

But in case someone wishes to look, I have Attached 3 Log Files.

I renamed a couple yesterday.

autoupdate_log_OLD 1

autoupdate_log 2

and today's update (most recent) is simply named autoupdate_log.text

EDIT >>> It appears the OLD log file did not attach.

SnowTiger:joystick:

• ED Team
But in case someone wishes to look, I have Attached 3 Log Files.

The most recent log says

DCS/1.2.10.32095.521 (x86_64; EN; KA-50bs1,A-10A,A-10C,P-51D,CA,KA-50_video_EN,A-10A_video_EN,SU-25T_video_EN)

this misses WORLD component. it's not the updater's problem, looks like one stage of the DCS World installer failed when you installed the world first time.

Two ways to fix:

1) cmd line:

DCS_updater.exe install WORLD

this will update the world and repair it. should be pretty fast since you have most of the files in place.

alternatively,

2) reinstall everything from scratch.

P.S. I will reconsider some assumptions about the install process in the updater.

Still having one problem with installed modules - the Dora. Ran new update - all seems fine but the Dora is not functional either in multiplayer or offline. It shows in my list and shows as installed in Module Manager but when I try to fly in say an Instant Action mission (e.g. cold start) it starts the load, loads ground objects and then freezes at the second increment of "Please Wait". How do I do a clean install of the Dora pls??

jg6_bigglescdn,

Everytime I update the game I get the same 'behaviour'. In my case it's the firewall/anti-virus programme that, in the background, waits for your permission to let the new (=updated=altered) programme give access to the internet.

I usually hit ctrl+alt+delete, then choose taskmanager. I then get a view of my desktop with a window on it from my firewall/anti-virus programme. I confirm that DCS is to be trusted and then everything works just fine.

Hope this helps.

Frustration Cont'd

I have tried everything I can think of; every suggested mentioned in the Forums and everything DCS Tech Support has suggested ... to no avail.

I still have No Modules and now I'm down a few Desktop and Start/All Programs/ ... / Repair and Update Icons/Links.

It seems I'm just going from bad to worse.

I really dislike the idea of having to completely Uninstall World; Re-Install it and ALL my modules ... Again.

It's bad enough I have lost all my Configs due to virus that wiped out my last Hard Drive (hence all this BS in the first place .... well that ... and a New Updater that screwed everything I built up to over the last 3 weeks).

Very Frustrating

SnowTiger:joystick: