Create a dedicated server

Hello,

I want to create my server on a dedicated server.

Unfortunately we all know the executable server for DCS is not yet for now ..

I have already read the post related to his but they are often too old .. or just over.

So my question would be the following what should i do to create a DCS server on a dedicated. What are the steps to follow to make the 2.5 Open beta work properly?

What are the changes to make? the scripts to add?

Thanks for help.

And I'm sorry but goole traduction have do this text for me

1st Fighter Wing Program : https://discord.gg/NUnabec

Yes I saw and followed this manipulation only I have a big problem after about an hour of games to 5 client s there is a freez total of customers and often a DCS crash at the server level but impossible to know Why...

I recently set up the VMFA-251 server using the recommended VPS stats that NEON posted in his thread (thanks by the way NEON that was a great help) and, I too ran into a similar problem. Everything worked great until we got about 5 pilots on then the server would just up and crash. I was able to fix this issue however by upgrading the VPS from

Six HT CPU cores (Intel Sandy Bridge or better)

6144 MB of RAM

600 GB of RAID-protected storage

Windows Server 2012 R2

to

12 HT CPU cores (Intel Sandy Bridge or better)

12288 MB of RAM

1000 GB of RAID-protected storage

Windows Server 2012 R2

This might be a little overkill as we have not tested it to its limits but we have now been able to get 20+ pilots on without issue and, the server seems to run rock steady. We also run Simple_Radio, TeamSpeak3, LOCATC, TACVIEW on the same server.

We are using http://www.nfoservers.com as our VPS provider and the cost is about $120 a month.

It was probably the ram that caused the issue. Best of luck with your server though!

Edit: OVH offer a better price btw: https://www.ovh.com/world/dedicated-servers/game/

Edited by LevelPulse

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Director | Team Coordinator

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz
  • Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 Motherboard
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz Ram
  • 500GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD

Any experience with OVH LevelPulse? Are you running DCS on their dedicated servers?

Yes. TAW used to do for a year ago, they work fine on Windows 2012 R2. Now running on SoYouStart servers as they are cheaper and have 64GB memory so you can run two servers on one Windows 2012 R2 (which is delivered with one virtual license in addition to the host).

EDIT: Go for Game server 3.

EDIT2: You can register your own Windows 2012 R2 License but then you need to make a user on the console first! Set the server up with a free Linux first and then reinstall windows 2012 R2 with your own license.

Edited by HiJack

Thanks. I wasn't sure their MC-64 offer was coming with a GPU. Will look at Soyoustart. Never heard of them. What OS are you running on it? Do you have to pay extra for the MS licence?

You need a license of your own or you can lease one that pays every month.

Two different businesses with servers in same data centers.

ah ok, it is just SoYouStart linked to OVH dedicated servers

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

ah ok, it is just SoYouStart linked to OVH dedicated servers

Yes. I don't know the extent of their cooperation but it seams the SoYouStart business is using some older servers or at least some other rack configuration. I believe they also have a different network interface to Internet. My experience with OVH is much better than with SoYouStart but that may have changed as it is some years ago I used SoYouStart. Check out the forums. :thumbup: