Where to start?

Atooyi

I'm planning to rent a dedicated server for our squad, Just for training and some missions, I really think this would solve lots of our problems, but I don't really know where to start, and which specs would be suiting my needs.

The server doesn't have to be something fancy which dozens of people can connect to, at worst situation 10 people would be connecting the server, The mission itself will be pretty simple, one gunnery range and PVP/PVE arenas, at the worst situation the number of objects would go up to 300-350. So with this situation what specs do you guys think would suit my needs?

Is there any guide that can help on server and missions?

I've heard somewhere on the forum they're going design a client for the dedicated servers, is it out yet?

Thank you so much

I feel your pain Atooyi

At this moment DCS does not offer Third Party Server support (Like you rent from a company like Gameserver). Some squadrons have there own servers, but they are not Hosted

Back in April 2017 Matt Responded:

For now, you will be required to purchase a separate map key to act as the host. At some point, we do plan for "server side only maps", but that will first require dedicated server support. While still in the cards, we currently have some higher priorities for those staff members.

Hopefully this will happen now that 2.5 is out.

• Like 1

I feel your pain Atooyi

At this moment DCS does not offer Third Party Server support (Like you rent from a company like Gameserver). Some squadrons have there own servers, but they are not Hosted

Back in April 2017 Matt Responded:

For now, you will be required to purchase a separate map key to act as the host. At some point, we do plan for "server side only maps", but that will first require dedicated server support. While still in the cards, we currently have some higher priorities for those staff members.

Hopefully this will happen now that 2.5 is out.

yeah, that's pretty annoying, I hope this issue gets some solution sooner as it's pretty hard to find one of our team members with a stable connection to host a server for our training.