Activation based on CPU?

hey folks, last hours i tried upgrading (actually downgrading by some standards) from xeon to i7 6800K. Same OS same everything else, after some routine-systematic-driver-repatching in response to newly installed CPU, the program asked me to relogin followed by a request of reactivating modules i previously bought on steam. Things back to normal when i switch back to old rig, it appears that the activation mechanism is CPU-basis, or partially based as we all know redoing operating system will cost tickets as well. It's intriguing if someone can try different ones of the same spec to see if it will only match the one you activate with.

for those who concern the 6800k despite that the image tends to shatter like a show looked like some sort of vsync issue. Generally speaking it performs a bit smoother compared with my old xeon, which has times three cores but two thirds speed. After a deep though of, like half a minute, I chose to keep hold the xeon, and activation tickets as well.

Edited by BIGNEWY

This is what it still is in DCS as far as I know when it comes to licensing..?

An activation will be required if the hardware/software changes exceed 12 points as rated below:

CPU ID: 13

Windows PID: 3

Computer Name: 3

Hard drive volume serial number: 3

MAC address: 6

RAM amount: 6

If you are going to hit the 12 point limit (CPU 13), all you need to do so you don't lose any activation is to deactivate the modules from the manager, then make changes to you PC, then reactivate modules.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

• ED Team

you should deactivate your modules before the hardware change

you also have to ensure you are not in offline mode before the change.

DRM is linked to your hardware ID

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

This is what it still is in DCS as far as I know when it comes to licensing..?

An activation will be required if the hardware/software changes exceed 12 points as rated below:

CPU ID: 13

Windows PID: 3

Computer Name: 3

Hard drive volume serial number: 3

MAC address: 6

RAM amount: 6

If you are going to hit the 12 point limit (CPU 13), all you need to do so you don't lose any activation is to deactivate the modules from the manager, then make changes to you PC, then reactivate modules.

I see, that explains why. Policy is a little bit strict for those boosting the gears on regular basis:ermm:

If only my Grub Boot Manager knew about DRM. It didn't and thus just quit w/o a chance to repair/fix/replace, so i reinstalled 10 lately...loosing another one.

Yah, it has a catch back

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X