Motorbikes!

MTFDarkEagle

That video above not only has some serious mistakes in basic physics (using rotating frame of reference? Centrifugal force makes no sense otherwise). It also says some things rather poorly.

Brake while turning? OK, if you are trail braking on the track. Otherwise, heck no.

If you want great motorcycling advice for safety, get Twist of the Wrist II. Book and/or DVD. Shows you everything you need to know.

As for countersteering, all two wheel motorcycles work by countersteering. It's the same way a bicycle works. Nothing special or mysterious about it.

The key difference between cornering and swerving is in where you put your weight (body position). In a swerve, you counterweight, like you do with a dirt bike. In cornering, you put your weight on the inside of the turn so as to reduce required lean angle. Two different techniques for two different purposes, both of which still are examples of countersteering.

Have you read this thread and watched the videos I have attached?

I think you a haven’t and then misunderstood whats being said here.

The video above is good for a 6min video and suits the intent and purpose of the creators view to illustrate what is counter-steering.

The brief discussion and illustration on the elements of physics are just keyed points to drive the message he demonstrates right at the start of the video as proof to his analogy.

Why I chose this video just so you can see how it all fits, towards the end @4.44 the conclusion he again demonstrates his views and case for the created video.

He shows and makes the case for setting things up properly in a practical approach with the correct knowledge proving that incorrect or lack of skill and awareness will lead to error.

In this case adding to much speed and not allowing momentum to drive the bike under centrifugal forces.

In MotoGP racing you enter the curve having already applied heavy braking before coming to and through the apex and as you pass it, only then you apply acceleration.

The tighter you are in the corner at slower speed the faster you are in the corner and coming out.

Watch online Casey Stoner and Valentino Rossi do this frequently as they counter each other’s overtake pass.

Speed works against you in this instance you as you will go wide and lose your place in the race.

Now if this is done on busy mountainous road conditions you would have hit an oncoming car or over the cliff being the worst case scenario, possible death.

As another example watch this video…………

You do know who the speaker is right, a 5 times world champ, giving tips for free to save rider lives.

Hint:- http://www.motogp.com/en/riders/Mick+Doohan ...... and...... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mick_Doohan

Also watch the movie "THE FASTEST" -

As for your advice on "Keith Code" and much appreciated it is, look at page 5 post 50 never mind here it is............. https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3131257&postcount=50

What I have illustrated is very much the practice of many elements of counter-steering in one effort, but not forgetting that those 3 different elements are skills individually learn't (lessons) and should have been tested before acquiring your license to meet the necessary safety conditions you will be challenged with in reality.

You may rebut this if you like but I'm an instructor M8 I have had to learn all this myself and perfect it as best as I could to teach others what I have learn't and was passed down.

Sure, I am rusty now and need a refresher because I last road a bike in 2005 ish.

My heart goes to riders and to save souls and just a nice chat in Forum its not ego just enjoying the chat.

Cheers....... :beer:

Edited by WRAITH

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My first motorcycle

Suzuki DR650SE

Mods:

25L Acerbis Fuel Tank

B&B Engine Bash Plate

Barkbuster Hand Guards

Light Tint Windscreen

Rear Luggage Rack

B&B Alloy Frame Guards

Double Take Folding Mirrors

Soft Gel Seat

Love her to death

1.thumb.jpg.418788d5031f59c3a7ff240c72afcccf.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.0aa6d191db768338c029039fa718af35.jpg

PC Specs also known as "The Beast"; Intel Pentium 133mhz; 350MB HDD; 8MB RAM; ATI RAGE 3D 4MB; Windows 95