Low/Medium/High Altitude shots from the Persian Gulf Map!

NineLine

Looks good!

Really like pointy tops of the mountains and bushes

But still see the same issue with the black water like in 2.5. Hope it will be fixed

image.jpg

YouTube || Copycats - technology and product clones (primarily aviation) || dgrigoriev.com
SPECS: i7 8700K (OK 5GHz), 2xGTX 3080ti, 64GB RAM, 1Tb SSD, WIN 10, 2560x1440, Oculus Rift CV1 || TM Warthog, TIR5, MFG Crosswind pedals

Looking good there guys. :thumbup:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Not sure its black, but variations in water color will help make it look more realistic on the shore line.

I think the other maps have the same issue. I know there are screenshots around showing the water with color variation but after some update it all went away.

I agree, hopefully the coloration of the water will be touched upon at some point. It needs some vibrant blue towards the shore. Otherwise, the map looks fantastic.

Sytem Specs: Asus armor Z170 mobo, Intel 6700k i7 chip, gtx 1080, 32g DDR4, 800watt pws, Win10, Samsung NVME M.2 256G Drive, 1T Samsung Evo SSD, 250G Corsair SSD, Asus 4k 28" 60hz Monitor, Oculus Rift, WarthogTM stick and throttle, CH rudder pedals

Do you guys realize, the color of water is.... wait for it...... it has no color :music_whistling:

What you see is reflection, refraction and the color of things under and in the water.

So on a sunny day with a clear blue sky most water ought to appear blue.

If the sky is mostly overcast most oceans will look greenish because of very small creatures like krill and microbes.

Since that inland body of water in the middle of the city is completely in the shadows of the buildings I don't find it difficult to understand it to appear very dark at all. It would depend on the angle of observation and the underlying material.

The question is, what will it look like when no shadows are blocking direct sunlight from hitting it?

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

DCS has said that it is now in external testing. I do not know what the means for a timetable but I do not believe that it is that far off.

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals