yawc, yet another warthog checklist (iPad)

Camel

Hi all,

Since I wanted an app with checklists based on Paulrkiii's checklists I created a new iPad app.

This community has been more than helpful in providing guides, checklists and other downloads, so I thought I'd share mine.

The app has been approved by Apple today and it's available for free on this link:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/yawc/id495914525?mt=8

For now the app has these features:

- Checklists for normal operation.

You can choose between Paulrkiii checklists and WariorX checklists (with a few additions from Paulrkiii's)

Selecting which checklist to use can be done by going into your iPad settings and choosing yawc settings.

- Emergency checklists. based on Paulrkiii Emergency ops checklist

- Caution panel, also based on Paulrkiii emergency procedures.

- Airfield maps by shu77

- RWR Threats by Toby23

- Ordnance overview by Toby23

Thanks to all above for creating this content and allowing me to use it in this app.

It's been quite a copy/paste/edit fest so feel free to point out any errors and/or typos I've made.

Also, all other suggestions and comments are welcome.

I hope you enjoy this app. :pilotfly:

Update v1.1.0

- Replaced cockpit layout panels with better resolution

- Moved RWR Threats and ordnance tabs to Reference tab

- Added JTAC 9 Line UTM coordinate entry procedure to reference

- Added HOTAS function layout to reference

- Added Notepad tab

Edited by Camel
update
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For those that haven't checked Camels app out I would highly suggest giving it a chance. it is another very nice addition to the current staple of apps available for DCS A-10

I've got a suggestion for a possible addition. A part that when you input your ACFT configuration (Fuel, external stores) calculates rotation speed?

I can get you (or anyone else) very accurate weight tables if needed...

For those that haven't checked Camels app out I would highly suggest giving it a chance. it is another very nice addition to the current staple of apps available for DCS A-10

I've got a suggestion for a possible addition. A part that when you input your ACFT configuration (Fuel, external stores) calculates rotation speed?

Hi Paul I've put together a quick reference takeoff and landing chart based on info from the T.O. 1A-10A-1-1.

I would think the A data should not be too different from the C.

Lobo's Takeoff and Approach Speed Chart.pdf

Thats really cool Paul, I'll pm you with my email address and will take a look on how to implement this.

Hi Paul I've put together a quick reference takeoff and landing chart based on info from the T.O. 1A-10A-1-1.

I would think the A data should not be too different from the C.

Can I use these diagrams Lobo? These kind of images are really easy to add to the checklists.

Thanks.

Thats really cool Paul, I'll pm you with my email address and will take a look on how to implement this.

Can I use these diagrams Lobo? These kind of images are really easy to add to the checklists.

Thanks.

Sure. I'll clean it up and post it here. Standby.

I put an excel sheet together back in beta. I'm sure it's on here somewhere but I'll add it again. I created it with all the in-game weights to include stores, fuel and gun @ 100% in bow KGS and LBS. I created it with the intent of it being a weight and balance check but it evolved a bit more and has rotation & est. landing speed. There are instructions on how to use it anyone who wants to use it please feel free.

The sheet is macro free in-case anyone is wondering also.

A10W&B.zip

Edited by XCrosser

Version 1.1.0

Just uploaded version 1.1.0 to the AppStore

new in version 1.1.0

- Some cosmetic improvements.

- Replaced cockpit layout panels with better resolution images.

- Moved RWR Threats and Ordnance tabs to new Reference tab.

- Added JTAC 9 Line UTM coordinate entry procedure to reference tab.

- Added HOTAS function layout to reference.

- Added a Notepad tab.

will probably take a week to get accepted in the store.

for version 1.2.0 I will look at implementing a calculator for rotation & approach speeds.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm no expert, but manual says (p412) that SA-13 would be displayed.

I have a question on the RWS threats - Strela 10 has its signature (13), however when I was doing some missile evasion training it never showed on my RWS.. I also presumed that the IR launchers never did, but now I am confused.. should it appear on the RWS then?

What mission do you use for evasion training?

Edited by Camel

Just uploaded version 1.2.0

- Rotation speed & takeoff speed calculator (located in lineup check/takeoff checklist)

- Approach speed calculator (located in descent/before landing checklist)

In the approach calculator, touching the refresh arrow will load the configuration set in takeoff calculator. Touching the cross next to a store, will empty this store.

- Touching a quadrant in an airfield mapview will enlarge that quadrant for better readability.

ETA somewhere next week

Very nice!

If I may make a suggestion... I think it would be nice to have airfield elevation in place of the ICAO codes on the airfield chart. I haven't found much use for ICAO in DCS, but the airfield elevation is used every time I set the altimeter.

I do think I'll be using this as my new checklist/reference!

i5-4670K@4.5GHz / 16 GB RAM / SSD / GTX1080

Rift CV1 / G-seat / modded FFB HOTAS

Yes, ok.

I also find the fontsize of the list a bit too small to be able to easely read the lines.

So I am wondering what would be the essential info in the airfield list.

If I drop the reference (lat/lon) and change the ICAO to elev, I can make the font much bigger.

This would leave the airfield, ILS, tower, TACAN and elev info in the list.

Also I'm thinking of adding a search bar to the title bar of the maplist view.

When entering a few letters the list would then be narrowed down to the few airports which contain these letters in their name.

Useful?

I'd like to know what you and others think of this.

Thanks!

Very nice!

If I may make a suggestion... I think it would be nice to have airfield elevation in place of the ICAO codes on the airfield chart. I haven't found much use for ICAO in DCS, but the airfield elevation is used every time I set the altimeter.

I do think I'll be using this as my new checklist/reference!

• 4 weeks later...

great app. really appreciate your effort and time.

if i can make a suggestion.

aircraft performance chart section for the take-off landing data.

also could you make it rotate? ie: landscape mode?

Asus x99, i7 5930k, 32g mem, MSI 1070GTX, 970 Samsung M.2, LG 35in Ultra-Wide, TrackIR 4

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]