[ALL MODULES][SP/CO-OP] Liberation Dynamic Campaign

Looking forward to flying this campaign on the Syria map! Hopefully it's coming soon.

Intel i7 9700K, ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E, Zotac GTX 2080 TI AMP, Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200mhz, Corsair H60 liquid cooler, EVGA 850W PS, Cooler Master: Master Case H500, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD | Virpil CM2 Throttle, F-16: Thrustmaster F-16/A-10 Stick, F-18: Thrustmaster F-18 Stick | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | G2 Reverb, J-PEIN Desk mount Throttle, VIRPIL VP-L mount Stick, Cougar MFDs, Generic Custom Built Front Panel, Left Panel and Right Panel, 32 Button Steam Deck.

It is independent from DCS so you can have one campaign with your friend, save it with a recognizable name, and create another one for you to play alone and in OB. I don’t see why it wouldn’t work.

EDIT: the only thing if you play this both in stable and beta is that you need to change the game directory in the settings each time so that the script to get the mission results work. Another way would be to just have two installs of Liberation, one for your stable (to play with your mate) and another one for beta (for solo). This way you just need to make recognizable shortcuts (like “Liberation OB”) and not worry about changing settings each time.

That edited part was exactly what I was wondering about, thanks for the insight. I'm especially pumped to get it working on both versions now that Syria was released, cannot wait for Liberation to run on there. Thanks again!

System: IBP Snowblind, i7-9700k, Zotac RTX2080Ti, 32GB DDR4 , Samsung 970 Plus 1TB M.2 NVMe, WD 1TB, Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog HOTAS, TM T.Flight Pedals, TM MFD's, Buddyfox A10C UFC

Modules/Maps: F/A-18C, A10C, UH-1H, F-15, F5, P51, F14, Caucasus, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Excellent work Khopa!

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

The new release with Syria support is here ;)

https://github.com/Khopa/dcs_liberation/releases/tag/2.1.0

You knew I just put in for a week's vacation didn't you?! Awesome work Khopa, thanks again!

System: IBP Snowblind, i7-9700k, Zotac RTX2080Ti, 32GB DDR4 , Samsung 970 Plus 1TB M.2 NVMe, WD 1TB, Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog HOTAS, TM T.Flight Pedals, TM MFD's, Buddyfox A10C UFC

Modules/Maps: F/A-18C, A10C, UH-1H, F-15, F5, P51, F14, Caucasus, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Thank you! And thank you for all the work you've done on this!

Intel i7 9700K, ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E, Zotac GTX 2080 TI AMP, Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200mhz, Corsair H60 liquid cooler, EVGA 850W PS, Cooler Master: Master Case H500, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD | Virpil CM2 Throttle, F-16: Thrustmaster F-16/A-10 Stick, F-18: Thrustmaster F-18 Stick | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | G2 Reverb, J-PEIN Desk mount Throttle, VIRPIL VP-L mount Stick, Cougar MFDs, Generic Custom Built Front Panel, Left Panel and Right Panel, 32 Button Steam Deck.

great work on this app.

Wondering; would there be scope to turn it into a web based gui and run it on a small server (even a pi). Could create the miz, whoever is the designated host dls the miz and runs the mission, has a hook to pass the results to the server?

So I just tried Liberation for the first time in 9 months and I'm getting significant frame drops. Compared to other dynamic missions like Operation Snowfox where I get high 30s/low 40s on the ground, I was getting 15-20 frames on the ground with Liberation. Is there anything I can do to improve my performance?

#MeToo - i have low FPS too 15-20 when on Syria there is ~900 units, that's without carriers.

But in other missions with over 1300 units with lot of SAM scripts i have ~60

Idea with Liberation is really good but adding friendly carrier is fps killer :(

I'm waiting for lower multiplier for units - i see this is not available yet - any possible ETA?

This campaign generator is amazing!. :thumbup:

I found some things that would make it better if its possible.

I found this 9mwvxC3https://imgur.com/9mwvxC3

They should be scattered around to be effective, you can easily avoid them.

And this https://imgur.com/3YkwJ7R

They should be separated so they can protect each other, instead they are 3 easy targets, they can fire at the same time.

Also it would be nice to have an option to hide the waypoints in the map of the enemy faction.

I'm about 7 missions into the "Invasion from Turkey" campaign, flying the Hornet off the Roosevelt, and I'm absolutely LOVING Liberation. It makes such an incredible difference to see a map that's unpredictable and full of life, with multiple flights of aircraft on both sides going about their respective objectives.

It's also great to know (and feel) that every single opposition plane, SAM site, or unit that you take out is one less thing for them to throw at you in your future missions.

It brings the maps to life in a way that DCS has needed for so, so long. Way more engaging and immersive than even the very best of the handcrafted campaigns. It takes me right back to the good old days of EF2000, Total Air War, and Falcon 4.0, and makes me genuinely excited about DCS's future.

Amazing work, Khopa, and hugely appreciated. :thumbup:

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Third Reich USA
USA
<class 'dcs.countries.USA'>
2,USA,[]
['USA']
['Third Reich']
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "qt_ui\windows\mission\QMissionPlanning.py", line 132, in on_start
 File "game\game.py", line 163, in initiate_event
 File "game\event\event.py", line 125, in generate
 File "game\operation\frontlineattack.py", line 77, in generate
 File "game\operation\operation.py", line 123, in generate
 File "gen\airsupportgen.py", line 56, in generate
IndexError: list index out of range 

Was this ever fixed? I'm getting this error when tryin to run a WW2 campaign on any map.

[EDIT] CANCEL - I had 2 installations and was running an older version :/

Edited by kraszus

Anybody else having issues with the TGP not loading on the F16C? I use custom loadout and put it on the bottome hardpoint in the list (the only one it shows up on) and when I get in the mission it isn't loaded on the plane. There is a workaround to go in an load it in the ME before launching, but would be nice to not have to do that. Or is it something I am doing wrong?

Anybody else having issues with the TGP not loading on the F16C? I use custom loadout and put it on the bottome hardpoint in the list (the only one it shows up on) and when I get in the mission it isn't loaded on the plane. There is a workaround to go in an load it in the ME before launching, but would be nice to not have to do that. Or is it something I am doing wrong?

Not you. Same problem and see fix is being worked on for the next update :)

There seems to be an issue with the creation of Strike missions that results in all of the target waypoints being at 0 feet/meters (versus at ground level). This is a problem when slaving the Hornet TGP to the TGT if the target is above sea level (as most are).

It's easy enough to fix in the Hornet by using the UFC to enter the correct elevation for each waypoint. However, I've noticed that the allied AI flights seem to have problems hitting their assigned targets, and I'm not sure if this is a symptom of the same issue.

This has probably already been noted as an issue somewhere in this thread, but I couldn't find it after running a search. Apologies if this is known and redundant.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

There seems to be an issue with the creation of Strike missions that results in all of the target waypoints being at 0 feet/meters (versus at ground level). This is a problem when slaving the Hornet TGP to the TGT if the target is above sea level (as most are).

It's easy enough to fix in the Hornet by using the UFC to enter the correct elevation for each waypoint. However, I've noticed that the allied AI flights seem to have problems hitting their assigned targets, and I'm not sure if this is a symptom of the same issue.

This has probably already been noted as an issue somewhere in this thread, but I couldn't find it after running a search. Apologies if this is known and redundant.

I've also noted the JTAC only gives you the coordinates but not the altitude so its difficult to find targets

hey there, regardless of whether I run in Caucasus, or PG or Syria, all my player flights always start in the air, even though I am changing the "start type" value correctly. I have tried canned flights, as well as deleting a flight and adding one manually, it doesn't make a difference. I have tried from the supercarrier, and from an airfield. I have tried cold, warm, runway starts, but they always end up as air starts.

This is with version 2.1.0.

I noticed this question had been asked before as well on at least a couple of occasions, but was not addressed. It seems as if perhaps its only happening for some folks.

Here is a screenshot

pXOWXyh.png

5ZiQBfy.png

Edited by Zyll