April in the land of VEAO - Wall of text inc! - Page 8 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-16-2018, 11:09 AM   #71
Reflected

Really excited about the P-40 and also the historical campaign...but...what kind of campaign will it be? what will it fly against? Over which map?

My Music
My DCS Skins
B350 Gaming Plus / Ryzen 5 1600 X @ 3,6 / MSI GeForce GTX1070 8192 / 16 GB RAM / Samsung PM961 512 SSD / MS FFB 2 / TM Warthog throttle / Saitek ProFlight pedals / TrackIR 4 PRO
Reflected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:34 AM   #72
Pman
3rd Party Developer

Blimey I go away for a weekend and all sort of posts

Hawk re-write has been going on in the background since 2017, the guys working on it put it to one side to try and work on the taxi issue as this became more and more problematic I diverted more resource into it until it was resolved. Now those guys are back on the Hawk revamp, I am not going to get into the "when" game with this, it's done when it's done to use an old adage.

We have actually been utilizing experience gathered during the development of the P-40 to put back into Hawk and build Hawk 2.0 into a much more rounded product. Remember that aside from Chris none of the original Hawk team work for us any more, so any lessons learnt from the development of that product are pretty much redundant, not that I would go down the same route as the original team anyway but that is besides the point.

I have given an update on the P-40 in my original post and when we are ready to share more we will.

More regular updates and previews will follow when the module is with ED and in the build up to release. The other ways to see development updates on P-40 is on the occasional stream I may do or to see the module at a public demo we may happen to attend.

I can't remember who mentioned it in the thread but to confirm we do have separate teams working on Hawk and our other projects. There was an amount of cross over with some of the bugs with Hawk but in general they are pretty separate. While there are over 20 people working on various projects around the family we are all work on DCS in addition to our day jobs.

Lastly please do remember that small fixes and updates are going out with Hawk pretty much every patch but our man hours are not limitless and some bugs will be resolves with the re-code, of course if something game breaking like the wind bug happens we will attend to it as fast as we can. This next patch there are a number of fixes for some electrical logic, fuel system, Flight model updates as well as PBR texture improvements.

We maintain that we are committed to carrying on development of P-40F and Hawk as well as other projects in the background, sadly these things take time.

More news soon.

Pman
Old 04-16-2018, 11:37 AM   #73
Pman
3rd Party Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflected View Post
Really excited about the P-40 and also the historical campaign...but...what kind of campaign will it be? what will it fly against? Over which map?
Most likely the Cauc map because of availability for everyone, but maybe Normandy. The campaign is in the planning and adaptation stages at the moment.

It will mainly be a ground strike mission.

We are not working on any maps for DCS and have no plans to return to that development route. AI units have not been ruled out, however with the assets pack there is already an excellent source for period units in DCS.

We are cautious about making these things a prerequisite for the campaign, although the campaign itself will be free with the P-40 module.

Pman
Old 04-17-2018, 03:32 PM   #74
Goa

honestly the only thing i want is the eurofighter.......
but at least it's a good point we'll have an update for the hawk
Goa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 02:29 AM   #75
streakeagle

Eternally waiting for the P-40F, that was "two weeks" away from release when I bought it. Also waiting quite a bit for the Hawk to be fixed for so long that I am now waiting for the Hawk 2.0. I don't want or need status updates, just a DCS World 2.5xx update that includes one or both of these aircraft in a condition that is comparable to most of the other DCS modules. Dig in and get -er done. If the P-40 is ever finished and works well I will consider buying FSW version.
Old 04-19-2018, 03:54 PM   #76
DoctorStrop

Hi,

Did the use of smoke pods get fixed for the Hawk?

Good to see you are still working on this, and you are starting to talk optimistically about it's re-release.
Old 04-19-2018, 06:36 PM   #77
flyingscotsman

Thanks for the updated updates Pman
flyingscotsman is offline   Reply With Quote