Price Doubled!

Gang, wtf is going on - I put the av8b into my basket earlier today at the sale price, but didn’t checkout at that point. I’ve just gone into the cart and the price has doubled!

I thought the sale was on until the end of today! Is there any appeal to ED about things like this does anyone know?

Cheers

Rick

Doubt it. It's still 50% off on Steam though.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

That's the risk of waiting to the last minute of a sale before deciding on a plane :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

If I buy it on Steam though, doesn’t that mean I can only use it via Steam and not my standalone download of DCS outside of Steam?

Steam Purchases cannot be used on e-shop version, and vice versa

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

If I buy it on Steam though, doesn’t that mean I can only use it via Steam and not my standalone download of DCS outside of Steam?

That's indeed the case with all new modules, so I'd recommend not buying there now.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

That's indeed the case with all new modules, so I'd recommend not buying there now.

Thanks mate, well, lesson learned for next time I suppose. I’m certainly not buying it on Steam as it will restrict me like you say.

I did genuinely believe that the sale was on until the end of today though. Maybe something for ED to make clearer in future sales if there will be time cutoffs on the dates they state the sale is running.

Thanks again, looks like I’m keeping my money for now.

Cheers

Rick

End of Business Day in Moscow was 1.5 Hours ago.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

End of Business Day in Moscow was 1.5 Hours ago.

I attempted completion longer than 1.5 hours ago though.

Also, I personally have not known online sales that finish at end of business day in whatever country the developer is in, normally it is the physical end of day ie 2359 hours.

Thanks anyway for the information about Moscow.

I attempted completion longer than 1.5 hours ago though.

Also, I personally have not known online sales that finish at end of business day in whatever country the developer is in, normally it is the physical end of day ie 2359 hours.

Thanks anyway for the information about Moscow.

How can the changes be made at midnight when no one is at work? Just a thought.

But really, the moral of the story is, buy the day before the last day of a sale, and there is no quibble about when the sale ends. :music_whistling: :music_whistling: After all, the end of the month has come and gone, and that ought to give salaried customers every opportunity to sneak one past the wife.

Seriously though, I feel for anyone who misses out this way.

How can the changes be made at midnight when no one is at work? Just a thought.

Since it is a computer program, quite easily.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Since it is a computer program, quite easily.

My point exactly!

Anyway, it’s done now and ED won’t help out with it so I will hang on to my money until the next sale and get it then, as long as there’s a decent discount. If there isn’t then I won’t, simple!