Please add TDC Slew axis

Headwarp

AHhh so... There is no Target Designation slewing yet with the hat switch in the Radar? I have been searching all through the control set up to try to locate the radar slew LEFT, RIGHT, UP, DOWN, Radar Lock... to slide the two bars over the radar brick as targets show up on radar.

So... I can't find it to program with my Warthog, because it's not there yet? I've been reading the Pre release manual... it explains the function but doesn't explain how to find it in controls, nor does it state that it is still currently in development.

AHhh so... There is no Target Designation slewing yet with the hat switch in the Radar? I have been searching all through the control set up to try to locate the radar slew LEFT, RIGHT, UP, DOWN, Radar Lock... to slide the two bars over the radar brick as targets show up on radar.

So... I can't find it to program with my Warthog, because it's not there yet? I've been reading the Pre release manual... it explains the function but doesn't explain how to find it in controls, nor does it state that it is still currently in development.

Did you install the latest update.? That is update 4.

In control section you will find the throttle designator commands under Hotas subsection.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Search for "Throttle Designator Controller "left, right etcetc

THAT is the control for the slew, and you can map it to a hat switch.

NOTE: YOU MUST BE IN AA MODE.

if you are not in AA mode the cursor will not move.

AAhhh one other thing.. It seems when I program my Throttle Designator Controller for Up , down, left and right, the cursor does slew now, but it seems like the only other choice to lock up the target is "Throttle Designator Controller-Depress. This seems to not lock up my target but put my radar into some other mode. "?"

What am I doing wrong, or not doing?, or what is the choice to program, so after I slew a target and want to lock it up...as it still doesn't seem to lock up targets.:(

AAhhh one other thing.. It seems when I program my Throttle Designator Controller for Up , down, left and right, the cursor does slew now, but it seems like the only other choice to lock up the target is "Throttle Designator Controller-Depress. This seems to not lock up my target but put my radar into some other mode. "?"

What am I doing wrong, or not doing?, or what is the choice to program, so after I slew a target and want to lock it up...as it still doesn't seem to lock up targets.:(

It will lock after a bit, I've always been in one of the A2A missile modes, like gun or sparrow. I don't think you need to be in a mode to get a lock.

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

In the early access guide, around page...112, dealing with AA Radar, it explains to me as I am the prisoner of mother ignorance, regarding the current status of the AN AGP-73's partial construction. I also remember another AN AGP-73, and that was in VRS Superbug in that terrible Microshaft platform! But... I remember the Radar and as I remember it really was quite a workhorse. Last night in DCS I seemed to be able to lock on to all sorts of targets and I could switch weapons and the radar would react to the different weapon mode. The radar locked on to a load of aircrafts one after another by it's current default settings. Still missing AMRAAM slammers... but it's working considering it's a "work in progress" I also recall, according to real world Hornet documentaries, the first day of the Gulf War, a two Hornets discovered one or two Mig 21s as they became aggressive, so they launched missiles on the Migs and destroyed them. Most of all the action a FA18 has really seen is AG. I'm actually really looking forward to the FLIR.

With all honesty.. "I don't really know much when it comes to a Hornet" I have a lot to learn.:smartass:

I'm using the comms hat since it also has push button for "lock" on my Warthawg. It's working out really nice, then have radar up/down over on joystick. With this new configuration, my air to air has become solid, even with sparrows now.

6D80k38.jpg