DCS World 2.5.x Caucasus Terrain Textures

Just a heads up, I recently slipped in an updated concrete looking FARP texture into the mod package (for spring summer and autumn seasons)

VR1KrbB.jpg

Thank you. The whole green texture that was supposed to be grass looked awful, and distant from the actual ground texture.

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

hey! does this not get pass by IC anymore? downloaded it, put it into my game directory folder but when i go online.. the red icon shield ( IC icon ) is red

You'll only get a red icon if you join a server then exit back to the MP lobby, it never used to do this before 2.5.3.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mustang,

have testet and i must say,i´m very happy with it. The optical Difference ist good to see.

Fantastic!

Thankyou so much.

Now, when the Sim does a Consistence Check or an Update, need the Mod an reinstall? I use JSGME.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Greetings,

Nightowls_Coffee

Hi Mustang,

have testet and i must say,i´m very happy with it. The optical Difference ist good to see.

Fantastic!

Thankyou so much.

Now, when the Sim does a Consistence Check or an Update, need the Mod an reinstall? I use JSGME.

Yes the mod requires to be re-installed after an update if you wish to continue using it, and I'm sure that many JSGME users run with this mod with no problems.

Glad you're enjoying the textures :)

quick question: for the DCS update today it seems like new buildings were added, and the "date modified" of the zip files are 9/26/18. while the files provided in this mod have been modified 9/1/18. so am wondering if this mod will cause issues now since the zip files are outdated

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

quick question: for the DCS update today it seems like new buildings were added, and the "date modified" of the zip files are 9/26/18. while the files provided in this mod have been modified 9/1/18. so am wondering if this mod will cause issues now since the zip files are outdated

I've already tested the mod in todays update and haven't seen any issues so far, please report back if you find anything looking wrong.

Has anyone tried to see if the folder name method works again and having to replace the zip file is unnecessary? Just the collection of mods is starting weigh heavily on disk space so was hoping it got fixed...............(at work for the next 5 or 6 hrs so can't check myself)

And you're not the one trying this, that's because .. ?

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

As I said, I'm at work for now about the next 4 hrs or so and therefore I physically cannot load up DCS at home and try it out. Essentially I was just asking for news from anyone who might have tried after todays patch (eg perhaps Mustang had tried it and found he still needs to distribute a 900mb mod rather than a 130mb mod). If no-one responded I was planning to check later this evening.

<edit> no, folder method still broken unfortunately.

Edited by Stonehouse

Hi mate and mates, what update are you talking about ?! I had no update yesterday... and can't see no update in the changelog topic :helpsmilie: is it normal ?!

Thanks in advance ^^

John "Kalon"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

----------------------------------------

DCS : A-10C - KA-50 - FC3 - UH-1H - M-2000C - F-16C - F/A-18C Pilot in Border Zone Elite Group :D:D:D

Hi mate and mates, what update are you talking about ?! I had no update yesterday... and can't see no update in the changelog topic :helpsmilie: is it normal ?!

Thanks in advance ^^

John "Kalon"

open beta only.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3636114#post3636114

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone else having issues with starting a mission with this terrain installed? it seems that with the terrain files installed in my game, the game stops 3/4 of the way through after I select a plane in a MP mission. It's my MP mission that Im running on my machine....If I take the mod out Im fine...Just curious!

Edited by uscstaylor