2.5.1 NVG visible in only left eye

fargo007

I also suspect that this was introduced as a feature and not a bug. The whole thing started when the VR experience was made more authentic for 2D screen users by making the image inside the FOV within the goggles sharp, and the cockpit outside the googles' FOV blurred. Unfortunately that made it unusable for VR users, because the entire FOV of the VR goggles is taken up by the FOV of the NVG goggles, making the cockpit displays unreadable. Then they introduced this "bug" that made the NVG usable by users of VR, by providing one eye with the NVG view, and the other eye with the sharp cockpit view. But I hope that this is only a stop gap solution.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

I would definatly like to add a vote for keeping this optional. Its hard to explain but it works....

Cockpits become usable, dominant eye exposure seems easy if you need to focus on something. But generally the feel of both eyes interlacing, even if uncomfortable at first, soon becomes quite natural and allows you to do everything you need without having to constantly flip up the NVGs.

Edited by Shadow.D.

In a sim where realism is valued highly, it should be implemented as close to how it really is as possible.

The way it was is much closer to reality than how it is now.

IRL you can peek under the goggles to look at your instruments and use the MFDs. How it is now makes it possible to read the cockpit with NVGs on, which is what RL should be.

Monocular NVGs do exist though: https://outdoorempire.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/monocular-NVG-AN-PVS-14.jpg

I don't think it was "more realistic before", in fact it was probably less realistic because of how every single cockpit interaction except looking at the HUD required removing the NVGs.

Yeah but Pilots don't use monocular NVGs.

Not sure how ED works out what to fix but I get the impression that VR stuff takes a relatively low priority.

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

^^ Fair enough, if it's not used by pilots then get rid of it. BUT ensure we can peak under the NVG for cockpit use.

(I swear you used to be able to do this in the A10C NVG)

Come on own up who hasn't lifted their VR goggles once to get a clearer look at something in the cockpit

Update to day but I dont see any mention of NVG's !

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

I too really like this single eye NVG bug/feature, as someone who wears em regularly I don't really struggle with just a single one at all and find it very usable, and of course, it is super handy for keeping an eye on your cockpit instruments.

Would love this to be an option in the future.

Intel Core i9-10850K

ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming motherboard

Gigabyte Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 Master

32 GB Corsair Vengeance LED 3000MHz DDR4

Thrustmaster Warthog/ HP Reverb G2

Would be nice to have the option of Monocular OR oval + nonnvg underneath, or have the option to move the NVG bit to the other eye. Monocular isn't great for people with only one good eye (I'm sure there's a bunch of us).

No break MP, in 2.5.2. As requested by me to ED, it seems that ED remove breaking this modification for MP flights

Frenchy's mod works in MP now? As much as I like the monoculuar, I'll load that back up as it really is a good mod :)

Would be nice to have the option of Monocular OR oval + nonnvg underneath, or have the option to move the NVG bit to the other eye. Monocular isn't great for people with only one good eye (I'm sure there's a bunch of us).

Whilst I haven't a problem with you asking for this an option, can you please do so AFTER it's being fixed, as against giving ED an excuse for ignoring it right now.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Because it wasn't in any changelog, and it was reproduced and submitted by a tester, it clearly points to this being a bug and not a "feature."

I agree with Mr. Sukebe here. Fix it first, then if we want to propose an enhancment, do so.

Night operations are completely bolloxed at this point with the light difference between eyes making it difficult to do anything at all except induce a headache.

This remained broken for months after it was posted here. One thing I learned from this is that we can't assume the right people see everything we post. When we find stuff like this, we need to bring it to the attention of the community managers in addition to posting about it.

Nothing happened at all on this until I reached out to BigNewy. After that it was quickly reproduced by SkateZilla and reported.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

Just tested this. Appears to be fixed. Excellent!

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.