[Problem] Spot contacts 27" - 4K monitor

Rikus

2.5 Beta released at the end of january.

We are almost in april, and i still can´t spot contacts en mi 27" monitor 4K

At this point im getting scared, because i think 2.5 will go live and people who have monitors with high resolution we will not be able to spot contacts.

If you can´t spot contacts in a military simulator, one of the most important things....

Any news?

ditto, same here with a 2500x1440 res

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

Yes, but the question is : is this normal ? You would expect that the apparent size of objects is maintained regardless of the resolution (as it's done on other games : my gun is not twice as small in Arma now that I've got twice the res)

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

• 1 month later...

Just set your monitor settings to 4K and DCS to 1440x900. windowed mode and use "alt + enter" to go to fullscreen, that somewhat is a workaround.

EDIT: But it is strange because 4K have more pixels to work with so there is something strange going on in this sim.

Edited by HiJack

• 2 weeks later...

I finished F-15C BFM campaign in NTTR

2.5 Beta released at the end of january.

We are almost in april, and i still can´t spot contacts en mi 27" monitor 4K

At this point im getting scared, because i think 2.5 will go live and people who have monitors with high resolution we will not be able to spot contacts.

If you can´t spot contacts in a military simulator, one of the most important things....

Any news?

in OB 2.5.1.x I had absolutely no issues spotting contacts at 15nmi at high and medium altitudes.

Running 28" 4K screen at 4K native resolution.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

FWIW this issue is a very old issue that ED has yet to address. I have been dealing with it for a couple of years now. ED used to have an "imposters" option that would help with scaling but that was removed with 1.5 IIRC. Now that 4K displays are becoming more common I hope we can get some resolution to the problem. It is a really tough to decide between a beautiful sim and one that you can actually spot targets.

i7-7700K @ 5.2Ghz

SLI 1080Ti

64GB GSkill Trident Z RGB 4133

Asus Maximus IX Extreme

Custom Water Cooling Loop

TM Warthog/ MFG Crosswind

i have the very same issue with 1440p monitor

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png