Fighters wait to activate... but still exist.

Shein

Is there a way to have a fighter group on the ramp, that waits to take off? If you do late activation, they simply don't exist until activated..

My question is, is there a way to have them exist and only begin their tasking, mission, etc, when triggered? I can't seem to find a wait or delay option...

The above sounds correct to me, but I tried to get some screenshots to help the OP and I couldn't get it to work in 2.5... maybe I am missing something?

Mission attached.

You have to use "Start" triggered action, and trigger with "AI push task" action.

1.thumb.jpg.eddcc49a265fa5536c4711dd67635b16.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.e1907b9c79cf9cb4efb5b4281f80b9a3.jpg

That worked!! perfectly! Never woulda figured that out on my own... Thank you so much!

Glad it helped. :)

Of course, besides the "Time more" from example above, there are more ways to trigger the action, like unit or group out of zone, or in the zone, even by using the comms menu...

Experiment, or ask if you need assistance. :)

• 2 months later...

Hi guys can you explain this again? I am having same issue. I have 2 F-15 with start in ramp waypoint as all normal spots full. But they take off as soon as mission loads. I want to make them wait like 2 minutes before taking off. After the message from the AI awacs. And secondly they start in middle of runway how do I get them to take off from end of runway. I am stuck!! Please help. And I am not to computer savvy with files and script and such. So I need yellow book version. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Backdraft

UNCONTROLLED only appears when you have your Unit/Group set to Start from Ramp....any other won't give you the UNCONTROLLED option.

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2

Set them to takeoff from ramp. The option doesn't exist otherwise. Not takeoff from runway. Not takeoff from parking hot.

Wuups....got sniped... :D

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2

I have 2 F-15 with start in ramp waypoint as all normal spots full. ...

So there are no ramp slots available at this base to start them from?

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Iron hand Yeah. They are on the runway, at Bahtumi. Which is fine I just want them to take off like 1-2 min after mission start. Like idle on runway then go. For example like on some of the missions in game. . When you are cold starting and such they would take off past you after a couple minutes. And you can see them.

Does everything else at Batumi absolutely need to be at that airport occupying a parking space? Any helicopters you could move to a FARP?

All you need are two open slots on the ramp, or something else that can be late activated and doesn't need to be visible. Otherwise you're out of luck unfortunately.

Fee fi, yeah the 2 squads we have well only 2 4 ships, 2 F-5's as FAc. Are in the slots. And I did build a farp already for the 4 helos. Lol. Ok thanks i appreciate it. I would think you do everything with AI. I could just make them delay take off for 2 minutes. Since they are already on runway. Like they were waiting for clearance or something.

Zayets, thank you, I will try this. Now I have a question in regards to late activation. I made a help group with late activation but when I test in game they never activate?? And their time boxes are all zeros even though I put a time in there. Any clue to that guys??

Zayets, thank you, I will try this. Now I have a question in regards to late activation. I made a help group with late activation but when I test in game they never activate?? And their time boxes are all zeros even though I put a time in there. Any clue to that guys??

As per above, it looks this works only with ground vehicles (and offline only). I remember I did this trick before for aircrafs : in front of the aircraft place a Humvee having one waypoint which just to free the taxi path for that particular aircraft once it moves. Now, you can make this visible before start as it is a ground vehicle. Then set a flag to activate it once a certain condition is true. The Humvee will move aside and the aircraft can taxi. There is one small drawback to this for AI planes : they will start their engines and they will obviously consume some fuel until they move. But other than that, it should work.

[sIGPIC]OK[/sIGPIC]

You have to use "Start" triggered action, and trigger with "AI push task" action.

I copied what you said to the T and it didn't work. I know the trigger is going off because I added a message that just said "Plane should be rolling" and that appears. But the plane just sits there, it has waypoints, it just won't do anything. What am I missing?

Why is the AI ignoring the fact that I set waypoints for the plane?