2/3-Position Switches

Nero.ger

Can we please get these into the next available update? They're actually quite important! This mod is a life saver, but it gets old having to replace the files every update. Especially now when it looks like there are tons of updates coming. Keep up the good work! Thanks.

Agreed. Having a complete and varied/flexible set of keybinds (e.g. ON/OFF and TOGGLE options) is really important.

Please consider the keybinds as important as the system itself - not an afterthought. It's understandable that certain systems are incomplete while in early access. However as they are implemented, please add a complete set of keybinds at the same time if at all possible.

I've been wanted to spend more time in the Harrier but it's just a little too frustrating and fiddly with the weapons in their current state and lacking a few needed/useful keybinds.

I'm VERY eager to see things get completed and polished up as I'm LOVING the Harrier! It's my new favourite and even the inevitable excitement over the Hornet won't be able to take the shine off this bird :-)

3570K w/ 16GB, 1070 w/ 8GB @ 1440p, VKB Gunfighter/MCG-Pro & T-Rudder Mk.IV, CH ProThrottle, TrackIR 5, HTC Vive, UniversRadio, VoiceAttack, TacView Pro, DCS Menu Nav

F/A-18C, F-5E, F-86F, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Ka-50, SA342, P-51D, Spitfire Mk.IX, Bf109, Fw190, FC3, CA, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, WW2 Assets

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, although your recommendation worked successfully in the past, after the 2.5.1 update it doesn't work. Any idea?

In 2.5.1 a new cockpit_device_id has been inserted after 24. So all device ID's after 24 have been incremented by 1.

Therefore in 2.5.1 you have to use the cockpit_device_id 30 instead of 29.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Guys, is there any solution to control ECM knob?

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.

Guys, is there any solution to control ECM knob?

please be more specific! Which knob exactly do you mean? Jammer? Decoy Dispenser?

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

please be more specific! Which knob exactly do you mean? Jammer? Decoy Dispenser?

https://i.imgur.com/2JSXMdD.png" title="source: imgur.com"

Guys this one

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

I guess you mean the jammer button.

For use with a single maintained ON/OFF switch, this will work in 2.5.1:

{down = 3275, up = 3275, cockpit_device_id = 30, value_down = 1, value_up = .75, name = _('Jammer RPT/RCV'), category = _('ECM')},

For use with two pushbuttons or an up/down toggle, this will work in 2.5.1:

{down = 3275, cockpit_device_id = 30, value_down = 1, name = _('Jammer RPT'), category = _('ECM')},
{down = 3275, cockpit_device_id = 30, value_down = .75, name = _('Jammer RCV'), category = _('ECM')},

Deezle's code was broken because in 2.5.1 the device ID' above 24 have been changed (have to add one to all codes >24)

LeCuvier

I guess you mean the jammer button.

For use with a single maintained ON/OFF switch, this will work in 2.5.1:

{down = 3275, up = 3275, cockpit_device_id = 30, value_down = 1, value_up = .75, name = _('Jammer RPT/RCV'), category = _('ECM')},

For use with two pushbuttons or an up/down toggle, this will work in 2.5.1:

{down = 3275, cockpit_device_id = 30, value_down = 1, name = _('Jammer RPT'), category = _('ECM')},
{down = 3275, cockpit_device_id = 30, value_down = .75, name = _('Jammer RCV'), category = _('ECM')},

Deezle's code was broken because in 2.5.1 the device ID' above 24 have been changed (have to add one to all codes >24)

Many many thanx!!!!!!

It was the device ID that changed cause the rest of the the code is what I was using. It was 29.

Cheers

Were these ever officially integrated?? Its a bit of a pain to have to copy them every time an update happens.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Were these ever officially integrated?? Its a bit of a pain to have to copy them every time an update happens.

In my experience with planes released earlier, the user-developed additions o "default.lua" are rarely integrated. But AV-8B is not yet released, so I have some hope that more command options will be added by RAZBAM. Currently we even miss the "hooks" for making additions so there is not much we can do.

On your other remark, there is no need to copy the modofied files after each update. Like many other folks, I use OvGME (by Sedenion) to manage them. Simply back them out before you allow the update to happen, and then enable them again.

LeCuvier

On your other remark, there is no need to copy the modofied files after each update. Like many other folks, I use OvGME (by Sedenion) to manage them. Simply back them out before you allow the update to happen, and then enable them again.

This! They will never include all the functions we need. At least not for my setup. Using OvGME is the best option.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Hey guys,

I don't know if it's whos dumb or it is just very complicated. I know it is a Harrier thread but I am trying to get some swticehs working on the f-5. I have read the whole thread and compared the cilckabledata.lua file of the f-5 with whats on this thread and it just seems so different and I can'T understand how to get me switches to work :(

Is someone able to give me a guideline on how the f-5 2/3 way switches work? No infos is available out here :/

regards

Billy

Pretty much straightforward. Here are the additions I made:

-- added HWF 03-NOV-2017
{down = extlights_commands.Beacon, up = extlights_commands.Beacon, cockpit_device_id = devices.EXTLIGHTS_SYSTEM, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Exterior Lights Beacon 2-Pos ON/OFF'),    category = {_('Right Panels'), _('Lighting Control Panel')}},
{down = intlights_commands.FltInstr_knob, up = intlights_commands.FltInstr_knob, cockpit_device_id = devices.INTLIGHTS_SYSTEM, value_down =  1.0, value_up =  -1.0,    name = _('Flight Instr. Lights 2-Pos ON/OFF'), category = {_('Right Panels'), _('Lighting Control Panel')}},
{down = intlights_commands.EngInstr_knob, up = intlights_commands.EngInstr_knob, cockpit_device_id = devices.INTLIGHTS_SYSTEM, value_down =  1.0, value_up =  -1.0,    name = _('Engine Instr. Lights 2-Pos ON/OFF'), category = {_('Right Panels'), _('Lighting Control Panel')}},
{down = intlights_commands.Console_knob, up = intlights_commands.Console_knob, cockpit_device_id = devices.INTLIGHTS_SYSTEM, value_down =  1.0, value_up =  -1.0,    name = _('Console Lights 2-Pos ON/OFF'), category = {_('Right Panels'), _('Lighting Control Panel')}},
{down = intlights_commands.Flood_knob, up = intlights_commands.Flood_knob, cockpit_device_id = devices.INTLIGHTS_SYSTEM, value_down =  1.0, value_up =  -1.0,    name = _('Flood Lights 2-Pos ON/OFF'), category = {_('Right Panels'), _('Lighting Control Panel')}},
{down = intlights_commands.ArmtPanel_knob, up = intlights_commands.ArmtPanel_knob, cockpit_device_id = devices.INTLIGHTS_SYSTEM, value_down =  1.0, value_up =  -1.0,    name = _('Armament Panel Lights 2-Pos ON/OFF'), category = {_('Left Vertical Panel')}},
-- for Altimeter Zero setting with a Rotary Encoder
{down = aau34_commands.AAU34_ClkCmd_ZeroSetting, cockpit_device_id = devices.AAU34, value_down = -1, name = _('Altimeter zero setting Rotary DECREASE'), category = {_('Instrument Panel')}},
{down = aau34_commands.AAU34_ClkCmd_ZeroSetting, cockpit_device_id = devices.AAU34, value_down = 1, name = _('Altimeter zero setting Rotary INCREASE'), category = {_('Instrument Panel')}},
-- for a 3-position Select Jettison switch (for use with the TM WH throttle this needs to go to the "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.lua")
{down = jettison_commands.SelectJettSw,    up = jettison_commands.SelectJettSw, cockpit_device_id = devices.JETTISON_SYSTEM, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0 , name = _('Select Jettison Switch - SELECT/OFF POS.'), category = {_('Left Vertical Panel')}},
 {down = jettison_commands.SelectJettSw,    up = jettison_commands.SelectJettSw, cockpit_device_id = devices.JETTISON_SYSTEM, value_down = -1.0, value_up = 0.0 , name = _('Select Jettison Switch - ALL PYLONS/OFF POS.'), category = {_('Left Vertical Panel')}},

You should subscribe to the thread https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=89226 in the subforum https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=96

That thread is dedicated to that kind of questions. If you want to really understand the subject you may want to download the how-to document in that thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2862001&postcount=214

LeCuvier

Was just asking since I believe on the first or second page one of the devs mentioned that they would be included at some point.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Could someone repost the full list of abstractions for 2.5.2?

Would be much appreciated.

i7-4790k @ 4.4GHZ, 32GB G. Skill Ripjaws DDR-2133 RAM, EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3, Crucial M500 SSD, VKB MCG, TWCS Throttle, MFG Crosswind, TrackIR 5

Read this.

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

• 2 months later...

Has there been any updates on incorporating some of these iCommands?

In particular, I'm looking for one that will allow me to switch the UFC comm presets (preferably using the MFD rocker switches). However, Funkyfranky's code:

{action = ufc_commands.Knob_Comm1_Chnl, cockpit_device_id = devices.UFCCONTROL, name = _('Comm 1 Channel Selector'), category = _('Up Front Control')},
{action = ufc_commands.Knob_Comm2_Chnl, cockpit_device_id = devices.UFCCONTROL, name = _('Comm 2 Channel Selector'), category = _('Up Front Control')},

doesn't appear to work anymore, and I can't seem to find a comparable command.

Finally, has anyone figured out a way to make

{down = iCommandPlaneLGPTaxiLight,name = _('Auxiliary (Taxi) Light Toggle'),category = _('Exterior Lights')},

a discrete command or switch on/else off command?

Thanks!

This line of code provides switching of the Auxiliary Taxi Light via a maintained ON/OFF switch:

{down = 3513, up = 3513, cockpit_device_id = devices.LTEXT, value_down = 1, value_up = -1, name = _('Auxiliary Taxi Light 2-Pos ON/OFF'), category = _('Exterior Lights')},

I'll have a look at the UFC commands later.

LeCuvier

... However, Funkyfranky's code:

{action = ufc_commands.Knob_Comm1_Chnl, cockpit_device_id = devices.UFCCONTROL, name = _('Comm 1 Channel Selector'), category = _('Up Front Control')},
{action = ufc_commands.Knob_Comm2_Chnl, cockpit_device_id = devices.UFCCONTROL, name = _('Comm 2 Channel Selector'), category = _('Up Front Control')},

doesn't appear to work anymore, and I can't seem to find a comparable command.

What is expected here? Do you want to rotate the knobs with rotary encoders or with axis commands?

LeCuvier

Franky's code "action = ..." suggests that these are axis commands. I tried this and bound it to a slider. With the slider I could actually change channels but in a rather haphazard way, even with Y-saturation reduced to 2%. So this is not viable. I tried to use the knobs defined in clickabledata.lua but they use a function that does not seem to lend itself to incremental change, so the rotary encoder did not work either. I'm afraid we'll have to wait for RAZBAM to provide a control binding that works with a rotary encoder or a pair of pushbuttons or an up/down toggle, like in the F/A-18C. In my view, this is a big gap in the implementation.

LeCuvier

Franky's code "action = ..." suggests that these are axis commands. I tried this and bound it to a slider. With the slider I could actually change channels but in a rather haphazard way, even with Y-saturation reduced to 2%. So this is not viable.

Yes, exactly. It's been some time, but as far as I remember, it was a desperate attempt to get something working with these knobs since they are important. But it never worked because the axes are not suitable for this.

I'd also like to see CW/CCW buttons like ED did it in the hornet.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

i tried writing the exact code mentioned above for the UFC before i found this thread and wasnt able to get it to work. It appears that the clickable_data.lua code doesnt give a value needed to tell the button to move CW or CCW with a 1 or 0.

elements["PTN_300"] = default_button_lever_cycled(_("Comm 1 Channel Selector"), devices.UFCCONTROL, ufc_commands.Button_Comm1, ufc_commands.Knob_Comm1_Chnl, 178, 300)
elements["PTN_301"] = default_button_lever_cycled(_("Comm 2 Channel Selector"), devices.UFCCONTROL, ufc_commands.Button_Comm2, ufc_commands.Knob_Comm2_Chnl, 179, 301)

i comparable code would be the brightness knob

elements["PTN_295"] = default_axis_limited(_("Display Brightness Control"),      devices.UFCCONTROL, ufc_commands.Knob_BRT,        295, 0, 0.1, true, 0, {0, 1})

the above code for the Brightness Knob shows value statements at the end where the Comm1 does not. The other problem is the element shows as a default axis. This one unfortunately isnt a very good comparison as in the default.lua it is an iCommand statement. I havent tried to change the value statements in the clickable_data.lua at the end of the Comm statement yet but that seems to be the reason why the Comm knobs dont work. it may be a fix to edit the commands to replicate the brightness knob by changing the Comm1 and Comm2 elements to a default axis.

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals