New Flight engineer view when sling loading

Nice addition for the Mi-8 that we found during our sling load training at BSD is the new view when you are switching to the flight engineer seat during sling loads. You can see now from the cabin the crate below the chopper. I really don't know when this feature was added, and it still baffles me a little bit to see that BST does not advertise their work on this great module, unless I misread the changelog. Anyway, good job guys.

Ah, and the sling load is working well now.

Nice find. Checkin it out now.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Lol, and Im sitting here using this feature for a couple of weeks now and just thinking it was there all the time and it was just me who never realized. I guess we do need to see those changelogs, there might be more surprises :D

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

I am used to use the pilot's view only for sling loading but those 2 additional views (lean outside the window and flight engineer) are great!

BaD CrC: thanks for the heads up!

BST Team: good job! Thanks.

Corvus: I really like your video (light, view angles, flying, location...)! Thanks. Can you please share the data so that I can recreate the flight:

- Date

- Time

- Weather

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

Thanks Tony, glad you like my video. I've attached my simple training mission I've used to make this video. That should make things easiersmile.gif

Great! Thanks mate :thumbup:

Last question: your video was of extreme clarity. In what resolution did you record it? 2560 x 1440?

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

OK, one more thing that I found out, but maybe I am late again on this. When refueling, you can now hear the sound of the fuel being pumped in your helicopter. New?

Been there a while. You also need to change one of the fuel pump settings (I think) in order to refuel properly.

You also need to change one of the fuel pump settings (I think) in order to refuel properly.

Not in the current NTTR at least, just refueled as always and there was no change to the procedure that I noticed. Are you talking about the v1.5b?

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

For me, Christmas came once I could lean out the window and look down with the touch of a button.

The dream is that I can do that with head tracking alone.... It will probably be another Belsimtek first.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Also, inverted flight will give you an emergency fuel warning now, as the service tank sensors won't see the fuel. I don't remember that before.

Inverted flight in the Mi-8? you are 'da boss! ;):thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Not in the current NTTR at least, just refueled as always and there was no change to the procedure that I noticed. Are you talking about the v1.5b?

I was referring to this post:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2571181&postcount=400

Granted, the Mi-8's tanks last longer than my bladder so refueling for me isn't very common... as such, I haven't personally tested this. =P

I haven't completed a loop lately, but barrel rolls aren't too hard as long as your passengers are wearing their seatbelts.

:megalol:

Nice! ;)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control