How to correctly lock with the AGM-65E?

razo+r

And also you are not limited by visibility like TV Mavs or poor meteo conditions for IR seekers.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I fired from 15nm and had a successful hit

Yeah, according to the public TACMAN you should be getting a 15 NM max range, but only if you're up high (33,000' HAT) and going fairly fast (M 0.9). Unknown whether the FM is actually modeled according to physics or just an approximation.

True, but fog and and cloud density do affect Laser penetration as well I think...so another thing to consider

It does, but visibility conditions being equal, a laser will still generally perform better than optical or infrared guidance. If the cloud or fog is thick enough to block laser energy, it's definitely thick enough to not be able to see through or get a good track either.

Nop.

Working as intended here.

Pic of your Tpod while lasing?

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I was thinking the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Are AGM-65 E E2 L missiles capable of LOAL, LOBL, both?

In DCS you can probably do both (for now).

In reality, they require a lock prior to firing to ensure the missile is correlated on the correct target and enters an appropriate loft profile.

Nothing will stop you from rifling the missile without a lock, but in the absence of laser energy the missile safes the warhead and enters a shallow loft until it reacquires the spot (unlikely), runs out of electrical power and goes ballistic (also unlikely), or hits the ground.

I have found the default laser code when I create a mission with the 65E shows as 1111 (self lasting) and when I uncaged with that code the tracking x does not go from side to side

With that code the 65E will not track and I have to change the code to something else (beginning with a 1) eg 1255. Then all works ok and I can hit things

A issue I have is if I select the 65e from the stores page and it shows the code but the missile is not uncaged. I press the code button (to change the laser code) and sometimes it will not not let me change the code. Thinking it may be some other setting stopping me doing that or maybe a bug - any help appreciated

Edited by jason_peters

---------

System: i7-8700k @ 4.9GHz; Nvidia RTX 2080ti; 32GB (2 x 16) DDR4 @ 3333Mz Ram; ASUS ROG Strix z370-E; SSD Drive; Oculus Rift-S; Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog

I just had the same problem today. I did about 4 flights with the Echo Mavs. The first three worked fine. Then on the fourth flight I had the same problem with changing the code. I pressed the code button on the MAV page and it was like a momentary switch: The code displayed for a split second, then disappeared. I had to go to the DMT page to change the laser code. After changing through the DMT, the Mavs hit their targets just fine.

I don’t have Harrier, but default DCS laser guided weapon code is 1688.

Default Harrier module laser code is 1111 and it’s correct according to NATOPS Manual.

Maybe there is a “conflict” between DCS and the module ?

So it would be safe to include in your procedure to change the code rather than try to attack with default 1111...

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

another Q.....

When firing the 65-E's does the square laser dot just need to be in the circle or have to be in the crosshairs??

Edited by jason_peters

---------

System: i7-8700k @ 4.9GHz; Nvidia RTX 2080ti; 32GB (2 x 16) DDR4 @ 3333Mz Ram; ASUS ROG Strix z370-E; SSD Drive; Oculus Rift-S; Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog

Yeah, according to the public TACMAN you should be getting a 15 NM max range, but only if you're up high (33,000' HAT) and going fairly fast (M 0.9). Unknown whether the FM is actually modeled according to physics or just an approximation.

Anything past 6.5nm is an advantage over the IR/EO Mavs. And as opposed to FCing the EOs, you can still track the target. It would still be great to be able to FC in the Harrier, I don't see any reason why this would not be possible.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg