Issues low fps Odyssey

Ares72

Hello to all!! I'm new in virtual reality. I decided to buy a Samsung Odyssey. I have frame rate problems. With settings on low, no shadows, no msaa, no AF, PD 1.0, my fps does not exceed 30-35

My PC is

Intel Core i5-6500 processor, 3.2 GHz (Turbo Boost 3.6 GHz)

Corsair Vengeance 16 GB (2 X 8 GB), DDR4, 3000 MHz

Samsung MZ-75E250B / EU SSD 850 EVO, 250 GB, 2.5 "

MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G

Perhaps because of the low performance gives me problems of vertigo, fortunately no nausea, but the turns I have to make them very slowly :cry:

Can someone help me solve?:helpsmilie::helpsmilie:

Thanks in advance

In the Steam VR settings ther is a dynamic resolution setting that is set to automatic by default. Change it to manual and pick 100% on the slider.

Go into the Nvidia control panel and set the quality setting to performance.

Try that. I get a steady 45 FPS with some fairly high settings.

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

In the Steam VR settings ther is a dynamic resolution setting that is set to automatic by default. Change it to manual and pick 100% on the slider.

Go into the Nvidia control panel and set the quality setting to performance.

Try that. I get a steady 45 FPS with some fairly high settings.

You mean where there is a "manual override" option? The suggestion based on the 1080ti is 200%, why go 100% instead?

Because I set a fixed level of 1.4 SS in-game. That way I can turn up some other settings that are more important; without having the fidelity of the view constantly changing as the resolution is dynamically changed.

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground