DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

Quote:

Originally Posted by G B View Post

ONLY during cyclic ops. NEVER during CQ.

And even during cyclic ops, if conditions warrant, a “99, low vis calls” may be announced on the radio, and the recovery will no longer be zip lip.

Very good point. So depending on what operations are in use, there should be a choice of what recovery radio ops will be used..and grading still in effect...

I5-4670K 4.3GHZ / 32GB DDR3 / EVGA 1080TI /HP Reverb G2 / ASUS Z-97A / SAMSUNG 500 GB SSD /Thrustmaster Warthog / RAZER Tartarus / CORSAIR Void Pro Wireless/  WIN 10

Apr. 24 newsletter has been updated, but sadly, no mention about carrier.

This week is likely another "no carrier" week.

Funny I can’t seem to find the updated newsletter. Link?

Edit: Found it...and disappointing to say the least. Was hoping for some news of progress.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4302987&postcount=250

The issues must be pretty bad.

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Found it...and disappointing to say the least. Was hoping for some news of progress.

I was also hoping for some SC news, but I guess there is really nothing to show if they are working on MP desync issues.

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD

Don't think we'll be seeing a video from Wags anytime soon. He's been busy putting Hornet fires out. It's been a bad April for the entire community. Hopefully next month will be better.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Yep. Disappointed. Oh, well. Life goes on. Lesson learned about "pre-release" and "early-access" though.

Steve

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

So here is a thought. Maybe with all the problems amongst a lot of the players with low FPS, crashes ect that they felt adding the super carrier module to the mix was going to kill enough fps for enough players that They said forget it?

Maybe the super carrier works fine but they decided they had to fix the underlying program code to make it usable? Perhaps finally they are addressing the big problem of inefficient code to the main program?

Just a thought.

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

You would think that ED could consult some of the Carrier SMEs for their advice on how to number the bort number on the static aircraft.

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Disappointing for sure. Both for ED and the community. Anyone consider that maybe some key people who normally squash these bugs are sick?

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

So here is a thought. Maybe with all the problems amongst a lot of the players with low FPS, crashes ect that they felt adding the super carrier module to the mix was going to kill enough fps for enough players that They said forget it?

Maybe the super carrier works fine but they decided they had to fix the underlying program code to make it usable? Perhaps finally they are addressing the big problem of inefficient code to the main program?

Just a thought.

Mr. Biggs,

Great thought, and I believe you could be right. I wish they would tell us that. Sick of reading between the lines.

Steve

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Train Sim World, the follow up to Train Simulator, released in 2018 with HUGE potential and fanfare by Dovetail Games. It was Train Simulator but ported into the Unreal 4 Engine and man it was stunning! September 2018 in a studio update they announced a huge upgrade program promising a game editor, modelling tools, VR support and multiplayer - It was being set up to be the FSX of Train simulators ... and then nothing. An entire 2 years later Dovetail Games as a developer is still promising game tools, and sharing twitch streams of Wip editor use but in reality the DTG Train sim studio is one middle aged software guy in his bedroom living off steam sales and TSW is a dead game.

You have to talk openly with your community and treat us like adults. We're butt orientated flight sim nerds who spend our free time reading procedural manuals and doing check lists, many of us are developers in our day jobs, we know how this works. Pulling the same wool over our eyes as we do to our clients goes exactly as well as we know it does, poorly. Do the hard thing, tell us whats wrong, bring us along for the ride as you fix it, keep us at the forefront of the news cycle. You've missed two delivery dates, it would be wrong to compound those errors by leaving us in the dark with no comms, it's time to bring the client, us as a community, into the loop.

[ NO NEWS YET ABOUT A DATE ]Carrier next wednesday?

So Kate said that if they don't solve the MP issues by next Wednesday they will release the SC for SP. Is this another statement that ED is going to miss or are we going to get the SC next week?

Stay safe

Don’t care anymore...it will come when it comes.

No amount of pining or calling for it will change that.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

.. Is this another statement that ED is going to miss or are we going to get the SC next week?

What are we .. ten? ... you remind me of my children when car traveling: "are we there yet? .. how long until we get there? ... why arent we there yet?"

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

What are we .. ten? ... you remind me of my children when car traveling: "are we there yet? .. how long until we get there? ... why arent we there yet?"

We're a bunch of ten-year olds with more money who can drink.pilotfly.gif

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

I don't think anyone appreciates your rude comments, maybe the one who's ten years old is you. I know you're known on these forums for not being very polite but take it easy, we are people sharing here, there is no need for you to be so harsh :)

Stay safe

I don't think anyone appreciates your rude comments ...

And your comment towards ED on the first post wasn’t rude?

.. I do try to be polite, but I have little patience with some people .. I will try to stay out of your way.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB