massive patch when "only" 27 changes in changelog?

D4n

Can you please clarify what is causing this maaaassive 8 GB patch? I am just surprised about the size when the changelog doesn't make it so clear what the big files in this patch are.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Can you please clarify what is causing this maaaassive 8 GB patch? I am just surprised about the size when the changelog doesn't make it so clear what the big files in this patch are.

Read the Autoupdate.log when your update is complete it will tell you every file that was downloaded and updated.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

In my case 10,7 Gb.... :D

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

Read the Autoupdate.log when your update is complete it will tell you every file that was downloaded and updated.

Oh wow thanks!

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Ivo, really like ur signature btw ;)

Ivo, really like ur signature btw ;)

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

It's because they added a huge Easter egg. April 1st being easter they needed to do something big and now you are downloading it :)

Actually I think you will find the huge size is due to the new logo, everyone knows that yellow is a huge memory sink. :pilotfly:

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

Autoupdate is ofc under saved games, DCS etc.

Over 11Gb yesterday, and another 1.5Gb today!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

ANOTHER 1.5 HELL YESSSS so they DID release the hotfix today!! NICE! :D

Lets Go over this:

MP. Fixed issue when client can only see up to 5 ground units that are stationary.

MP. Ground units will be able to activated on client.

MP. Fixed crash on P-51D MainPanel:update_arguments().

MP. Client in multiplayer will see missiles of SAM launcher after its rearming.

MP. Fixed issue when player can't join server with password if he previously enter incorrect password.

MP. Stingers and Igla missiles will be visible for Clients.

MP. Fixed multi-monitor setup crashes when joining or hosting multiplayer game.

These alone are dozens of DLL/LUA Files.

Some of the DLL Files would be a hefty size, you simply cant ""Patch"" the line of code, the Entire DLL needs to be re-compiled from the project source. Then every corresponding DLL File needs to be re-compiled to contain the same version numbers for the protection system to protect them.

Speed indication on external view status bar will show more number positions.

Aircraft AI will take damage after collision with trees.

Same as Above, a few LUA and DLL files.

Enemy Within campaign. Added Doc folder and corrected missions.

Museum Relic campaign. Added corrected missions, version 2.6.

A-10C. Typo correction German A-10C manual.

Mi-8MTV2. Spring Tension campaign updated for DCS 2.5

Mi-8MTV2. Wrong reading of the working pressure in the hydraulic system fixed.

A10C Sturmovik campaign adapted for DCS 2.5.

Updated Campaigns, they run about 75-300+ MB depending on Voice Overs, Graphics and Documents.

These would only download if you own them, and they were not previously installed

Stryker M1128. Corrected machine gun position.

Corrected waterline level of several amphibious ground units.

Likely LUA Edits and maybe some EDM Changes.

NS430. 2nd ref wpt for user waypoints is calculated incorrectly when changing distance manually.

NS430. Approach data errors: KHND.

NS430. Menu button breaks Right Knob.

Again, Even small changes would require protected DLL Files to all be re-compiled.

Updated and corrected Vegas tour missions.

Again, MIZ Files are often larger when they contain custom Voice over's etc.

Fixed issue when trigger zone can't be moved.

GUI. The open mission panel. Sorting order in mission list will be saved.

Likely LUA Edits, and a few DLLs to re-compile after GUI Changes.

Increased max number of sound hosts for avoidance runtime errors in complicated sound conditions with many sound emitters.

Likely A Bunch of DLLs re-compiled.

L-39. Update training missions.

Same as previous Mission/Campaigns, depends on content in the mission.

They range between 8 and 60 MB each.

Fixed crash when player switches to another aircraft on the ship's deck.

Likely a Bunch of LUA an DLL Changes.

Georgian Hammer with CA campaign adapted to DCS 2.5.

Another Campaign Updated.

And this doesn't count:

-Shader Updates

-Daytime/Night-time/Season Texture Changes.

-3rd party Aircraft Texture Changes and Livery Updates.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Thank you very very much for the explanation! :)

• ED Team
ED seems to have nuked the whole Nevada terrain in today's update.

Not single house/structure is visible in landscape..

issue is reported

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I hope they fix it soon that’s my favorite map to fly, not since they implemented the realistic egt system I have been able to fly much i got another gauge to watch with a dumb copilot who’s job when the pilot is in control of the aircraft is to monitor the gauges and. Scan the left side of the aircraft for things that will br the craft down. But we got a realistic ear system but a dumb co-pilot.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Blacley you could help ED by writing a simple basic code draft which situations should trigger the co-pilot Ai to do what etc.

Well, thats it for a quick flight before bed.... but anyways, happy to see some results.

And this doesn't count:

-Shader Updates

-Daytime/Night-time/Season Texture Changes.

does this mean its an improvement for the current night time issues?