Low CPU GPU utilization& performance, alt+enter may help

Spent several hours to work this frustrating problem out. Out of fatigue, I disabled VR and retained the graphic settings. Got into a simple viggen bombing training mission to figure out the level bombing question and found that frame rate was only 20 while I usually got 100+ at high preset before. I used CAM to check my utilization and both were very low, around 15% to 25%. Searched this forum to no avail. Changing graphic settings had no effect on fps.

I found that changing views sometimes can instantly recover performance but it's not consistent. The only thing that appears to work is to switch DCS in and out of focus in Windows. You can also try alt+enter in game. My result was an immediate increase to full performance. I still haven't tested it enough to confirm a cause and effect relationship, but I have never once encountered this problem before. I always updated DCS and video drivers as soon as they came out. Could this be related to the latest updates or... Switching off VR?

Running latest 2.5 open beta on 8700k @4.9ghz, stock 1080.

Selecting full screen option in the DCS system settings is a better alternative. U dont have to press alt enter all the time

Having full screen ticked in DCS makes it worse for me, it always tries to force half my refresh rate regardless of alt-enter use or not.

driver ?

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X