Radar elevation vs attitude

draconus

I did some testing and currently radar cone elevation stays independent from pitch and roll. My guess it's just for simplicity (SSM).

But how is it IRL? Can you climb up to see the target directly above on the radar screen? Can you bank 90 degrees just to see line abreast contacts turn into one point on the radar like they were in ladder now?

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

I did some testing and currently radar cone elevation stays independent from pitch and roll. My guess it's just for simplicity (SSM).

Bad guess.

But how is it IRL? Can you climb up to see the target directly above on the radar screen? Can you bank 90 degrees just to see line abreast contacts turn into one point on the radar like they were in ladder now?

The radar will adjust its scan pattern to represent the picture as it should be. As mentioned above, if you want something different, there are auto-acq modes, but those are not search modes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda