pllane crashes immediatly upon start of instant action

CelticFury

when I start one of the instant action scenarios in the open beta for the A10C it starts zoomed in so you cant see the HUD while it gives you the initial brief and before it zooms out to let you fly the plane is already spinning out of control. is there any settings I need to change?

i5 8600k 3.6 Ghz // Gigabyte Z370 // 16Gb Corsair Vengeance 3000 Mhz DDR4 Ram // GTX 1050 Ti // Samsung 960 Pro NVMe 512 Gb SSD // WD 1 Tb HDD // Saitek Pro Rudder // Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog //

Most likely, you have an overlapping axis bind somewhere — eg. a thrust axis is actually bound to roll (or both, just to make things really interesting). If that axis is also something the game assumes will be at maximum until it detects an input and synchronises itself properly, you'll have the game believing that you start every mission with a full-force roll/yaw/whatever input, and will promptly send you straight into the ground — if you start out on the ground, this won't be noticeable because the input won't matter and the synching happens soon enough anyway.

Check two things: one is the axis assignments. Ensure that only one input is bound to each axis, and if you have lots of input devices, make sure to scroll all the way to the right to check them all. The second is to check the “synchronise controls” (I don't remember the exact label, I'm afraid) setting in the options menu — this should help remove any incorrect assumptions about the inputs at the start… but beware that anything that you've set up wrong at the start will now have nasty consequences. :D

Also, I guess, check to see if there are any key binds connected to the flight controls, and that you don't have a ham sandwich or something stuck under any of those keys that generates that out-of-control input.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧