[REPORTED]"chaff flare" on gear retraction

D4n

See trackfile (near end of file). Afaik Betty won't say chaff flare unless you deploy chaff or flare.

BettyChaffFlareOnGearRetractEvent.trk

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• ED Team

Hi Daniel, the track does not show the issue for me.

I will keep an eye out for it.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

This is the 2nd time that an F-16 track shows something different to you than to me... (touch-and-go was the previous one, https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=265837 )

What do you think of this test, for testing purpose, back up your F18 controls, uninstall F/A-18 Module, test this trackfile again to see if it's related to any Hornet-code (and then reinstall Hornet)? (After there was that RWR issue on F-16-release for non-Hornet-module-owners, I never totally can stop thinking about the thing that F-16 could still share some part/parts of code with Hornet module......)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• ED Team

removed the hornet and tested again, still not reproduced for me.

I will ask another tester to try

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I once had a failing TM Warthog throttle that - once it got really bad - dropped chaff/flares when trying to extend the airbrake (and vice versa). Turned out that either a broken wire or solder was the problem. After replacing the throttle with a new one, no more issues. Just a thought - maybe OP has a similar issue that's creeping up.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Could it be related to my modified CMDS.lua file? (attached below)

CMDS_ALE47.lua

I had this problem many times during the last weeks.

Once gear up, I can hear that message.

I'm using a modified .lua as well.

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

• ED Team
I had this problem many times during the last weeks.

Once gear up, I can hear that message.

I'm using a modified .lua as well.

Thanks for confirming, I would suggest using an unmodified file.

thanks

Thanks for confirming, I would suggest using an unmodified file. thanks

Sorry to say that: NO, I won't. Programming is a nightmare in VR and waste of life time. Not meant to be offensive, OK? :) Never would I ...

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Programming is a nightmare [...] and waste of life time.

THIS, exactly. Please, BigNewy! :(

• ED Team

As this issue only arises with an edited lua file it is not a bug.

Eventually we will have a data cartridge that can be programmed in special options for the viper. You will be able to edit countermeasures without editing files.

thanks

By that I assume a preset data-cartridge that we DON'T have to reprogram everytime we spawn in, correct??

As this issue only arises with an edited lua file it is not a bug.

That .lua part was created by ED for that specific reason, BigNewy, to BE edited by users for custom programs.... So this definitely should fall under "ED supported file-customization"

That .lua part was created by ED for that specific reason, BigNewy, to BE edited by users for custom programs.... So this definitely should fall under "ED supported file-customization"

Again your assumption is incorrect...the file was created to allow cockpit functionality and nothing else.

People have chosen to modify the lua to suit their own purposes (which is fine) but please make the correct distinction. In essence people adapt the lua to speed up their personal start up process and that's where errors can occur.

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

FWIW I use a custom lua for chaff/flare and I don't get the audio bug as described. So perhaps you have corrupted your lua.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Or I directly PM Panther and ask him for his custom .lua and then I compare where I have floats (0.1 to sth. around 30 or so I guess) where I possibly should have zeros, that's currently what I suspect to be the culprit. PMd you, Panther.

Again your assumption is incorrect...the file was created to allow cockpit functionality and nothing else.

People have chosen to modify the lua to suit their own purposes (which is fine) but please make the correct distinction. In essence people adapt the lua to speed up their personal start up process and that's where errors can occur.

Aaah okay! interesting

Then the question that comes up, is, why would the "default" DCS F-16 program not be set up in the way that 1 CM button is 1 chaff and another is 1 flare? (as that makes most sense on modern battlefield feat. A2A engagements...)

Edited by DanielNL

Ok I managed to narrow it down even more, BigNewy.

Below, I attached the file where it still occurs ("stillBugged"). The "working" custom file (big shoutout to Panther for helping in testing!) can be found on this page on their group's website

The ONLY different lines are these 2 parts (I use https://www.diffchecker.com/ to quickly find the differences)

-- MAN 1 part

and

-- MAN 5 part

So I conclude one of those 2 parts is the culprit. (I doubt it can be the titles, as the "--" lines are comments and DCS fully ignores those afaik?)

Hope you (or someone) has a theory what it is/can find out what it is.

CMDS_ALE47stillBugged.lua

Below, I attached the file where it still occurs ("stillBugged"). The "working" custom file (big shoutout to Panther for helping in testing!) can be found on this page on their group's website

The ONLY different lines are these 2 parts (I use https://www.diffchecker.com/ to quickly find the differences)

-- MAN 1 part

and

-- MAN 5 part

So I conclude one of those 2 parts is the culprit. (I doubt it can be the titles, as the "--" lines are comments and DCS fully ignores those afaik?)

This file is coded ANSI.

I think it would not work, since IIRC it should be coded UTF-8. Can someone confirm this?

my computer:

-- MAN 1 part

and

-- MAN 5 part

:thumbup:

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP