[REPORTED] Flap indicators gone

razo+r

Just checked and for me, the indicators are missing exactly with those liveries I reported in my thread.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=227467

Do you have additional liveries where they are missing?

• Like 1

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm not sure it's all that easy to fix - when the official skins got an overhaul a few years back, someone used a wide brush and painted over many details including, but by no means limited to, the flap indicators. Just compare the *.dds from the bugged official skins with the ones from non-bugged liveries. It might take quite a restoration effort to get all the details back. As such, see you next year for the four-year anniversary I suppose 😆

See also:

Edited by ams999

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance

On 10/2/2021 at 10:06 AM, ams999 said:

I'm not sure it's all that easy to fix - when the official skins got an overhaul a few years back, someone used a wide brush and painted over many details including, but by no means limited to, the flap indicators. Just compare the *.dds from the bugged official skins with the ones from non-bugged liveries. It might take quite a restoration effort to get all the details back. As such, see you next year for the four-year anniversary I suppose 😆

See also:

Welllll....

Copying over the markings is one way to get them back. So quite easy actually. The most difficult part is to get someone from ED to work on it.

And I sure do hope they still have the template for it that they never released.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, razo+r said:

So quite easy actually.

Yes, but we're talking about DCS here, soo....

• 2 weeks later...

As to date and using the very latest DCS Open Beta version that of DCS 2.7.6.13436 the flap indicators are still missing......is there any chance of getting this issue addressed ED once and for all please ?......it's quite an important feature of the Dora.

Or does somebody know what's got to be fixed within the skin to sort this out.....after all this time we may need to do this ourselves......seeing as this was first reported back on 20th December 2018,it's coming up for three years !

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

4 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

I have bumped the report internally. 

Thanks

Thanks very much BIGNEWY much appreciated 👍

• Thanks 1

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

EDIT:

I must offer my sincere apologies to the team ED,after re checking all of my skins it appears that only two out of the entire collection do not show the flap increments on the wing,these are both custom skins and do not represent the Fw 190 D-9 modules skin collection that ED fronts.

My apologies team 

• 2 weeks later...